2015 Spring Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Spring Football

For anyone who doesn't follow SDSU Football's twitter, here are the 2015 captains.
    Capture.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Lujan named as a team captain. That pretty much seals it. Unless Christion comes in and catches lightning in a bottle, he will likely red shirt unless an unforeseen injury or terrible start by Lujan occurs. Here's to hoping Lujan has a huge year.
      Why does that seal anything? Being named a Captain does not guarantee you a starting position.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Why does that seal anything? Being named a Captain does not guarantee you a starting position.
        I'd be hard pressed to find a captain that wasn't a starter on any team for any sport.

Even if he wasn't named a captain, it's pretty clear who will be taking snaps behind center in Lawrence when we start the season.

History teaches us what to expect and we know how Stig rolls.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Lujan knows the play book best and that has to be worth something.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Lujan knows the play book best and that has to be worth something.
            Agreed. And let's not forget...he did pretty darn good last year for a guy that just came in around April.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Agreed. And let's not forget...he did pretty darn good last year for a guy that just came in around April.
              Plus he also probably got very few practice reps with the first team offense until after Austin went down with the injury.

Comment

Lujan did play well before he got dinged up last year. His arm strength isn't impressive, but he's one of those guys who just seems to get it done. I like those kinds of gamers. I guess we'll see what happens, but I would find it hard to imagine a true freshman starting when there's an experienced guy like Lujan available. That said, I'm sure the coaches will give everybody a shot.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

No specific QB thread, so let's put it here. Everett Golson is leaving Notre Dame. Let's put in a call!
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Best of luck to the Dir. FB Ops and Eqiuipment Manager who went on to other opportunity in college FB.
                    Last edited by Hareofthedog; 05-24-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      Best of luck to the Dir. FB Ops and Eqiuipment Manager who went on to other opportunity in college FB.
                      Did I miss something?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Did I miss something?
                        Kadero Watson Dr. of Football operations is taking a similar position at U of Wisconsin. He had been at SDSU less than a year. Worked with the Difference Makers Club mostly but handled travel details as well for the team. Tim DeWitt has been equipment manager for a long time, and possibly retired. I have not heard anything, but that might be story.

Comment

Working...
                        X