2015 Spring Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Spring Football

Like I said, I really did not see much of the spring game. Got there late, and the place was packed. We will have to see how Little pans out this fall. Pre-Bohl Wyoming had shown a great deal of interest in Little and not sure what happened for him to get a release from verbal and we picked him up. No doubt he has talent, but its a matter of knowing the play book and making the plays. Whether Little is up to this we really don't know, but if Stig says he is a triple threat, I don't have anything to contradict that impression.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      If you are referring to me read the Argus today and you will find Stig's comments on Little.
      No problem...I was just chuckling because it was real confusing reading the comments and who was quoting who. Reminded me a little of the Abbott and Costello routine.

Comment

Bohl took away Little's scholarship, so he committed to SDSU
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Out of the 3 QBs that played on Saturday, I do feel like Little would be the best option. Having said that, are we really going to start Little this year, then have a QB controversy when Christion comes in? He definitely chose "down" in terms of the colleges that wanted him to join. I know, it's a good problem to have, but it's still a problem none the less...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            Bohl took away Little's scholarship, so he committed to SDSU
            Thanks the details were forgotten.

Comment

[QUOTE=JACKGUYII;273035]
              Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              The writing is on the wall.

Lujan does not have the weapons he had to bail him out like last year.
              I know that SDSU loses Schneider and Zenner but other than that, they have most of their weapons back. I hope that nobody takes this as Mengarelli being as good as Zenner because he isn't but it seems like Zenner did more rushing while Brady seemed to catch the ball at a much higher percentage. Zenner has 6 times as many rushes as Brady but only twice as many catches. Will people like Cam Jones finally get healthy and play like he did his freshman year? Will somebody else step up? You still have Wieneke, Wesley, Andrews, Raymond, etc...

Comment

[QUOTE=propar80;273042]
                Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Based on his play Saturday....Little is not a dual-threat...I saw the long-snapper throw nicer passes. Can you coach accuracy??
                That's how I felt about all 3 QBs I saw on Saturday. In my opinion, Little was one who made the least amount of poor throws, and he connected when it mattered.

Nobody has talked about how Dalton Douglass stopped talking snaps during the spring games. I don't think I saw him play at all in the second half. He was limping after his first series. Seemed to me that DD has a tendency to be premature on scrambling. (Sometimes maybe good, sometimes not)

The QB position is Lujans to lose. I'm not jumping on the Taryn bandwagon until he has completed a good portion of summer camp.

Comment

Does anyone have a depth chart now post game? I'm very curious about the O-line with all of the injuries. So Carr is out for the year? True? What is the story with Schoff? Bud Grant used to say the most important skill is the ability to stay healthy. Too bad about Schoff. I thought he had a chance to be good.

Comment

I'm not too worried about the QB battle, I think its hard to gauge which of the 3 is the top pick until we see the other 2 QB's and know what type of offense it will be. Will the O-line be healthy where we can focus on the run? Are we going to spread it 5 wide and gun and chuck? I don't think its like other situations where its a young guy vs an old guy its more complicated than that.

Comment

With all the QBs on the Jacks' roster, I'll be really surprised if Christion doesn't redshirt next season. After all, he had to sit out much of his senior year in high school because of a serious injury.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        I'm not too worried about the QB battle, I think its hard to gauge which of the 3 is the top pick until we see the other 2 QB's and know what type of offense it will be. Will the O-line be healthy where we can focus on the run? Are we going to spread it 5 wide and gun and chuck? I don't think its like other situations where its a young guy vs an old guy its more complicated than that.
                        I agree. I think a healthy Lujan wins the QB position, but if we keep losing guys on the OL it won't matter who we put back there because we will get destroyed by NDSU, UNI, SIU and the like if we can't block them.

Comment

I've been interested to see what people saw from the QB's and RB's.

WR, I'm not too worried about. I know Schneider is gone, but Landberg is back, as well as some others to fill those shoes.

Sounds like Mangarelli is still doing well, and maybe it's Lujan's job to lose. I don't think you'll see Cristhion starting this year. But that's just my guess.

Comment

QB is a great concern and ability to throw the ball. I hope they all dig deep this summer to get stronger and know the playbook well so come August they all are improved. The job is open, no doubt.

The defense is a concern as it was last year. Yes many starters return but the MVC is loaded with good offensive teams. Right now injuries are a huge concern as well. The DTs are all banged up. A walk-on DT got lots of reps on Saturday because they are short handed. Bobbit didn't play and J Bulter was not available. Hope the summer brings healing time for the defense.

Comment

I believe Lujan will be the starter with Little as the backup. Lujan did a great job in relief last year. Little runs really well and is still learning the system (thus his completion percentage will increase). Douglas has had 2 full years to learn the system and isn't showing the benefits yet.

I was impressed with the defense, especially the line and defensive backs. One defensive back that definitely was all over the field is Romensko. He absolutely was flying around out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                                I believe Lujan will be the starter with Little as the backup. Lujan did a great job in relief last year. Little runs really well and is still learning the system (thus his completion percentage will increase). Douglas has had 2 full years to learn the system and isn't showing the benefits yet.
                                Lujan named as a team captain. That pretty much seals it. Unless Christion comes in and catches lightning in a bottle, he will likely red shirt unless an unforeseen injury or terrible start by Lujan occurs. Here's to hoping Lujan has a huge year.

Comment

Working...
                                X