Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Spring Football

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    About the only one in Brookings is Edgebrook unless you can find a member to play the Brookings Country Club with. There's also a golf course in Volga (6 miles away)
    Don't believe you need a member to play the country club.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Don't believe you need a member to play the country club.
      From the website

Those guests who are local residents (within 20 mile radius) are limited to one round of golf per season. Tournament play shall not be counted as a guest round of golf.
      Maybe I'm reading it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        From the website

Maybe I'm reading it wrong
        outside of 20 miles I believe can play anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJack2011 View Post
          Hello fellow Jackrabbits. I'm coming in town for the spring game. I just can't wait til next season to see some Jackrabbit football. I Was hoping some one could direct me to a good golf course to play in town.
          If you want to look into it a little bit you could google and few of the courses around town. Edgebrook is the only course in Brookings, Meadow Creek is located in Volga(about 8 miles), Six Mile Creek is in White (about 13 miles).

If you don't mind traveling less than 1 hour, you could add courses in towns like Colman, Flandreau, Madison, DeSmet, Lake Poinsett, etc... but I think you might want to start closer to town and then maybe work your way out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            outside of 20 miles I believe can play anytime.
            That makes sense

Comment

The information above is correct. You'd be able to play the Brookings Country Club without being connected to a member. If you live outside the specified radius, you can play BCC anytime. If you live within the radius, you can play once each season.

I'd recommend you try BCC. It's an affordable single round option and one of the premier courses in the region. Any of the courses are going to be a little rough yet early this spring, but I'd bet BCC is the best shape of them all. I love Meadow Creek in Volga as well...it's a great 9-hole course.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info. Looks like the BCC it is. Golf then Burgers and Beers @ Cubby's.. Looking forward to being in Brookings without the cold.

Comment

We need TV back covering the Jacks. The football coverage is poor on all fronts. The best source is those fans attending practice. Tha Argus and KDLT have other interests or lack of staff it seems to cover SDSU sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    We need TV back covering the Jacks. The football coverage is poor on all fronts. The best source is those fans attending practice. Tha Argus and KDLT have other interests or lack of staff it seems to cover SDSU sports.
                    What is the point of this post? TV is not coming back to cover the Jacks and the likelihood of the Argus landing someone with his internal drive for information/scoop to take his spot is slim as well.

Matt Zimmer has been doing an acceptable job of covering spring football in light of his various responsibilities at the Argus. Check out his summaries on his blog (link below) and look in the Argus. There was a great story on the RB situation just this past weekend. I'd say Matt is a more talented writer than we've had covering the Jacks in some time, and I enjoy reading his stuff. Do I wish there was more - sure I do. But that isn't the world we live in with the Argus Leader right now. I'd be happy if the Argus gave Matt the SDSU beat to commit to full time.

Zimmer Blog: http://www.argusleader.com/blog/mattzimmer/

RB Article: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...nner/25968769/

The athletic department has also stepped up in disseminating information about spring football. Their videos and articles can be found here: http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

If that hasn't quenched your thirst for information from the spring, I'm not sure what will. I'd say that is very comparable to what we have received from TV in years past.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The Spring Football "Game" is in the SJAC starting at noon, Saturday (April 25, 2015). Brookings and SDSU will be busy for the weekend. If you're going to attend the Spring Game, note that North Campus Drive will be closed Saturday for the Wellness Center Triathlon. Best course: drive to the SJAC by driving south from the 14 Bypass on Stadium Drive.

Info and story on the Spring Game at gojacks.com: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

I think the offense will be my focus for the game vs. the defense. I can't wait to see the RB's. O-line should be good. And who knows about QB? Is there open competition? Spring game is fun because everything is low key except for the linemen hitting each other.

Usually the defense kills the offense with Stig's scoring system. I don't think the Offense has a chance this year to "win".

Comment

Douglas was at QB and Mengarelli took the majority of the snaps at RB for the first set for the Offense. Mengarelli looked good, Douglas didn't impress me. Finnes and Gandy in now. Finnes opened up with the best pass of the day so far.

Comment

Douglas had more plays where he ran the ball than when he passed, he didn't look comfortable. Finnes is the opposite, more passes, looks comfortable.

Comment

Little comes in, opens up with a nice deep ball, would have been a TD if not for pass interference.

Comment

Fahawagads....I forgot all about the spring game.

Was gonna take the kiddos and enjoy a couple hours in the SJAC.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X