The Bradley Head Coach Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bradley Head Coach Job

I think you hit it in point 3. If Nagy leaves, it would be for a job in which he's replacing a coach at a good program who left for a Power Conference gig. Coach is 48 and looks 60, I don't see him taking another rebuilding job after experiencing the DI transition. If he were to leave leave I believe AD Sell looks outside the SDSU tree. He's a well connected AD. A lot of people think Austin Hanson is the guy, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. If you thought Coach Nagy's personality was rough and difficult, Austin would be your worst nightmare. He didn't exactly leave on a high note with the coaches and admin.

Comment

Re: The Bradley Head Coach Job

"3rd. The dominoes have just started to fall, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Arizona St, Depaul. If they start hiring current mid-major coaches,, then Nagy could be a candidate for one of those. You always have to think 1 step ahead. Hypothetically, if Marshall takes the Alabama or Texas job, does Wichita State call Nagy? Probably not, but maybe. Think of it like that."

Last. Replacement, IDK, my guess is most former and the current assistants would get a look, a few local D-II coaches could as well. But if there is one thing SDSU has shown me with the wrestling job, and the baseball job, was they aren't afraid to go outside and get the best person for the job. So I think its hard to say 1, 2 or 3 people would be on the immediate short list.[/QUOTE]

Whoops my comment below was in reference to this post

Comment

Working...
      X