Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 Ugliest Uniforms in NCAA Tournament (NDSU #3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 15 Ugliest Uniforms in NCAA Tournament (NDSU #3)

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I disagree. That there was comedy genius.
    The Bison did not run the 3 man weave against ORU. The next 3 games they ran weave & perfected it against SDSU.....

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
      The Bison did not run the 3 man weave against ORU. The next 3 games they ran weave & perfected it against SDSU.....
      ....and we'll see how well it works tonight.....

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
        I like State's uni's and the interlocked 'SD', but that new rabbit logo is horrid. I seriously can't be the only one who thinks that thing needs to go.
        The new rabbit logo is modern and an upgrade from Bugs Bunny imo. I personally like the new logo. There is only 1 Jackrabbit mascot is D1 and when people see, they think SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
          No question the only way they beat SDSU and most teams is by playing that slow down tempo they play. The wouldn't compete in a track meet. They just didn't have the personnel.

Not sure why a lot of posters have such a problem with it. Butt hurt over the Summit loss?.....boring basketball?.....or just clueless about the reason they run it? For most it's pry a combo of the first two. For some it's strictly 1 and 3.

Some pry just like to poke a little fun about it. Unfortunately the bison got the ultimate last laugh.

Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            No question the only way they beat SDSU and most teams is by playing that slow down tempo they play. The wouldn't compete in a track meet. They just didn't have the personnel.

Not sure why a lot of posters have such a problem with it. Butt hurt over the Summit loss?.....boring basketball?.....or just clueless about the reason they run it? For most it's pry a combo of the first two. For some it's strictly 1 and 3.

Some pry just like to poke a little fun about it. Unfortunately the bison got the ultimate last laugh.

Sigh.
            Will the Bison be laughing late this afternoon or early this evening? I have my doubts, as Gonzaga will have a way to make them wish that they never got this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Will the Bison be laughing late this afternoon or early this evening? I have my doubts, as Gonzaga will have a way to make them wish that they never got this to work.
              Yup. I'm sure the bison will wish they never made the tourney.

I'm willing to bet this won't be a landslide victory for Gonzaga.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Serious comment: boxerboy's observation is accurate. Many schools with "State" in their name are not referred to as State among their fans or in their home state. Michigan State is...the font used for "State" as in Michigan State is unique.** How often does one hear of NDSU referred to as "State"? When I'm in North Dakota, I hear references to either NDSU or North Dakota State but I do not think I have ever heard NDSU referred to as "State". Maybe I just haven't been around the right people. (When I'm around UND fans, NDSU is referred to in all sorts of colorful terms, many of which should not appear in print.)

SDSU is most often referred to as "State" and I think that reference is more common than references to SDSU.

In Iowa, the common reference is Iowa State, not State. In Ohio, its Ohio State (or, the one I get a kick out of, THE Ohio State University) and not State.

We are STATE. And if NDSU fans don't like that, tough. No one from State posted the picture on the internet and called NDSU's uniforms ugly...someone else did that. Personally, I don't think they're ugly and it would never have occurred to me to include NDSU had I been asked to assemble a list of ugly uniforms.

I've heard Oregonians refer to Oregon State as "State" out in those parts but it seems Beavers (and Ducks) are discussed more frequently.

We're training some of the outlying districts that we are known as STATE. In Colorado, CSU is CSU, not State. Fort Collins knows we are STATE. Hey, Nashville and Corvallis....

**some would say we got very close to the Michigan State font with this ball cap available in the bookstore:
                Sat behind Deondre Parks' mom at IUPUI and she was cheering for "South Dakota". Pointed out that was not the thing to do, should have made reference to cheering for Michigan in East Lansing. Anyway she then cheered for "South Dakota", hesitated a few seconds and added "State". Personally, I think State's a bit generic and not well understood, I'd prefer Jacks on the uniforms. Back to smack...

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  Sat behind Deondre Parks' mom at IUPUI and she was cheering for "South Dakota". Pointed out that was not the thing to do, should have made reference to cheering for Michigan in East Lansing. Anyway she then cheered for "South Dakota", hesitated a few seconds and added "State". Personally, I think State's a bit generic and not well understood, I'd prefer Jacks on the uniforms. Back to smack...
                  It would have to be either Jackrabbits or SD State or South Dakota State. UNA and SFA both use Jacks, as for SDSU; see our problem already (San Diego State).

That being said, in South Dakota we are known as STATE. I'm not sure what the Bison fascination is with our uniforms, could be they are just that much nicer than that ugly yellow/green; green/yellow combo they like.

Comment

... I seriously can't be the only one who thinks that thing needs to go.
                    I think you are. The logo is an award winner and sales of Jackrabbit gear with the logo have jumped and stayed high, giving the school another revenue source.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Sigh.
                      I'm not upset at all about the Bison's deliberate offense, I think it's smart... but then again, I think Stephen Hawking is smart, yet I don't want to watch him do math for 2 hours.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, San Diego State changed their name to SDSU in 1978, we became SDSU in 1964. So that makes US, the ORIGINAL SDSU!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Heck, do the interlocked SD followed by jacks_logo1.gif That at least is unique. Our STATE is horribly generic, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            I think you are. The logo is an award winner and sales of Jackrabbit gear with the logo have jumped and stayed high, giving the school another revenue source.
                            To each their own, it looks too cartoon-ish for me. Thought they could have done a lot better with such a unique mascot. I do like that SD has some unique names. There are too many Wildcats, Tigers, Bulldogs, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Our STATE is horribly generic, IMHO.
                              NC State has had 'STATE' variants for a few years now:

I guess I'm fine with Nagy & co. having the confidence to sit SDSU with North Carolina State and Michigan State, as opposed to the various "State" schools that are upgraded teacher's colleges (Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Arkansas State, San Diego State, etc.)

Comment

To each their own, it looks too cartoon-ish for me..
                                Please understand that criticism from a sports-team opponent is not given much (or any) weight around here. Criticism from a sports-team opponent may be taken as a compliment or be given an entirely different meaning than the intended one. For example, we think NDSU fans love porta-potties at football games. When we host NDSU after the new stadium opens in 2016, we may have to have "segregated" rest-room facilities: porta-potties for NDSU fans and new facilities in the stadium for everyone else. Hard to 'house-train' a bison.

Comment

Working...
                                X