Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men's NCAA 2015 Tournament Summit league journey (NDSU Bison)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's NCAA 2015 Tournament Summit league journey (NDSU Bison)

With less than a minute to go in the first half of the Gonzaga v Iowa game, the announcers commented (paraphrasing) 'this is an entirely different Gonzaga than the team that played NDSU'. [Bison fans may not like that statement but the announcers are right.] Gonzaga up 46-29 at the half.

Similar comments repeated as the game wrapped up.
    Last edited by JackJD; 03-22-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      With less than a minute to go in the first half of the Gonzaga v Iowa game, the announcers commented (paraphrasing) 'this is an entirely different Gonzaga than the team that played NDSU'. [Bison fans may not like that statement but the announcers are right.] Gonzaga up 46-29 at the half.

If you look at it from a defensive angle, it might says something favorable about the Summit League and NDSU,since Gonzaga did not shoot 65 per cent against NDSU. They were something like 40 per cent for the first half. I don't think NDSU has anything to be ashamed of. Most teams can shoot 65 per cent when their opponent is not playing good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I dunno. I didn't watch either game, but I take that to mean NDSU did well defensively to take Gonzaga out of it's game.

Just like SDSU was hot all tournament until we faced NDSU, and then hot again vs CSU. That tells me the Bison D had more to do with our poor shooting than anything. Same could be said for the NDSU/Gonzaga game vs Gonzago/Iowa.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I dunno. I didn't watch either game, but I take that to mean NDSU did well defensively to take Gonzaga out of it's game.

Just like SDSU was hot all tournament until we faced NDSU, and then hot again vs CSU. That tells me the Bison D had more to do with our poor shooting than anything. Same could be said for the NDSU/Gonzaga game vs Gonzago/Iowa.
          You got it.

Comment

I enjoy zoo's posts.* They make me laugh.* I wonder if his posts make Jackrabbit fans proud?* I wonder if Jackrabbit fans find his posts to be as grounded in "reality" as his posts think they are.*

*As you can see, I have abided by the rules of this board and addressed the posts, not the poster.**
            **I will do my best to address the post...even when it is a post telling us that the poster is in a bad mood and will throw his weight around moderator-wise.***
            ***Those make laugh.****
            ****Because we are better than you and we know it.*****
            *****Bold strategy TAB, let's see how it turns out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I agree that the Bison play pretty good defense but SDSU shot less then 38% in 3 of their last 6 games. If it was 38% from 3-point land, that would be good but from 2-point land it isn't very good. The Vandy game was around 38% but the other two games were 33% and 31%(I think).

Zimmer has his weekly chat yesterday and somebody asked him what was the difference between the NSIC and the Summit and he said that in WBB- The Summit has bigger players and in MBB- The Summit plays much better defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                I enjoy zoo's posts.* They make me laugh.* I wonder if his posts make Jackrabbit fans proud?* I wonder if Jackrabbit fans find his posts to be as grounded in "reality" as his posts think they are.*

*As you can see, I have abided by the rules of this board and addressed the posts, not the poster.**
                **I will do my best to address the post...even when it is a post telling us that the poster is in a bad mood and will throw his weight around moderator-wise.***
                ***Those make laugh.****
                ****Because we are better than you and we know it.*****
                *****Bold strategy TAB, let's see how it turns out for you.
                You forgot the one about not smacking in a non-smack thread.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  You forgot the one about not smacking in a non-smack thread.
                  I'll get that one in next time.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    I'll get that one in next time.
                    Fair enough. You're let off with a warning (of sorts). Y'all have a nice day, y'hear, and drive careful now.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                    X