Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men's NCAA 2015 Tournament Summit league journey (NDSU Bison)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's NCAA 2015 Tournament Summit league journey (NDSU Bison)

With NDSU's style of play, their suffering a 10-point loss constitutes a blowout loss. I think Gonzaga gets the "over" on that tonight.

Yesterday's upset wins, I suspect, got the attention of the higher seeds playing today. Kansas played like a 2 against a 15 NMSU, for instance.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Bison making Zags sweat. Warner playing like a man right now
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Gonzaga's D is so bad
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

if I told you that LA & Jacobsen would be held scoreless for most of the second half and the Bison were in it late you'd have laughed me off the site. Nice showing for the Bison and the Summit
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Iowa is going to have a good chance to knock off Gonzaga.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              Gonzaga's D is so bad
              They did not seem to have anyone able to pick up Warner off the dribble. Warner is a dead eye in the paint. We have to deal with him next year. I wonder what was going through Nagy's mind this even if he took time to watch the game.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                With NDSU's style of play, their suffering a 10-point loss constitutes a blowout loss. I think Gonzaga gets the "over" on that tonight.

Yesterday's upset wins, I suspect, got the attention of the higher seeds playing today. Kansas played like a 2 against a 15 NMSU, for instance.
                this only makes the double digit losses by the Immortal Wolters teams seem worse. The Bison at least had a punchers chance

Comment

Hats off to the Bison. At least they showed they belonged there.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                    this only makes the double digit losses by the Immortal Wolters teams seem worse. The Bison at least had a punchers chance
                    The Jacks lost by 8 to Baylor, and were only down 4 with 30 seconds left in the game.

They were in that game. NDSU was never in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                      That team wasn't immortal. they also weren't as good as the Bison team last year that actually won their game in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        NDSU lost to Texas by 35 and lost to Iowa 31 earlier this year. I expect the same results if not worse tonight. LA needs to go 60 if they want any chance.

When you think about it, NDSU only has about 2 legit scoring threats and one is a red-shirt freshman, LA and AJ. Who knows how AJ will come out on the big stage. LA has proved he can handle the pressure. Miller reminds me of a better Mike Felt but is another frosh. Werner and Kading wont have any looks inside. Brown and Dupree can't hit a jump shot and will have trouble finishing over Gonzaga's bigs. This is just a terrible match-up for the Bison.

Prediction: Gonzaga 84 NDSU 51
                        Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
                          That team wasn't immortal. they also weren't as good as the Bison team last year that actually won their game in the NCAA tournament.
                          I dunno. Did that team beat a ranked opponent? Or were you talking about the inexplicable decision to give NDSU a 12 seed despite a resume that was in every conceivable respect worse than that of the two prior SDSU teams?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            I dunno. Did that team beat a ranked opponent? Or were you talking about the inexplicable decision to give NDSU a 12 seed despite a resume that was in every conceivable respect worse than that of the two prior SDSU teams?
                            That team beat a collection of strong mid-major teams and a Notre Dame team with Jerian Grant(who was suspended a week after that game). It was a rock solid resume, easily deserving of a 12. The committee's s-curve spells that out and beating Oklahoma in the tournament backed them up.

The formula of getting a 12 seed isn't tough to figure out, play a very tough non-conference SOS, dominate your conference and pick up some quality wins. The hard part is going out and doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              The committee's s-curve spells that out
                              You can't use the committee's S-curve to justify their seed. You're basically saying, "they deserved a 12 seed because they got a 12 seed."

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                You can't use the committee's S-curve to justify their seed. You're basically saying, "they deserved a 12 seed because they got a 12 seed."
                                When they are not the worst or second worst 12 seed I can use it all day long. There wasn't even a question about them being seeded at that spot, that is how strongly they felt about NDSU.

I'm sorry that you feel your Jacks were slighted but neither of those teams had the resume that NDSU had. SOS was not that close, both had quality wins and were strong in conference play but the committee eats up SOS. They love to reward teams that challenge themselves, NDSU had one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X