Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 NIT

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Would probably make more sense to use RPI as a part of the equation rather than the "eye test" that the selection committee chairman referred to many times last night.
    The number of times "eye test" was referenced caused "eye roll" over here.

"To hell with all the data, I'll just go with my feels!"
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This will be a tough one. Any road game is somewhat questionable for this year's SDSU team, facing a team that is 15-1 on their home court is, well.....

I cancelled my cable sports package (which includes ESPNU) last week. Is it safe to assume that this will also be available on ESPN3 (WatchESPN app)?

Comment

Anyone else going to the game? I live in town and have tickets in the upper part of section D. Hopefully there will be some sort of pregame meetup too?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Exactly - the trouble with the eye test is that the committee's eyes see teams like UCLA many more times than teams like SDSU or even the Colorado States of the college basketball world. Plus they can look at a team like UCLA and say they have (fill in the blank) 4 star recruits so they must be better than those teams made up of 2 and 3 star players.

Comment

As Wolfgang Pauli would say about the committee's reasoning: "That's not even wrong."

Comment

Also, this, pretty much has to be what SDSU angles for on Wednesday:
              http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s-floor-in-nit

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                This will be a tough one. Any road game is somewhat questionable for this year's SDSU team, facing a team that is 15-1 on their home court is, well.....

I cancelled my cable sports package (which includes ESPNU) last week. Is it safe to assume that this will also be available on ESPN3 (WatchESPN app)?
                Better test espnu availability. I have espn3/watchespn and can't open espnu because I don't subscribe, nor can I see sec tv, which also comes up under watchespn offerings.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...=hot-topic-bar

The Denver News casts on Sunday night were all up in arms over CSU not getting into the NCAA. I'm not sure how much motivation the CSU players will have being in the NIT. Eustachy had been quoted prior to the Mountain West tournament as being very comfortable. He clearly felt that CSU were in the NCAA, and that just one win in the conference tourney (which happened) would assure an NCAA bid. There are a lot of long faces around the CSU athletic department this week. In addition, the CSU students are on spring break. It could be a quiet Moby Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    The RPI index is worthless. So much so much so in fact the NCAA does not use it to rank tournament teams. We all should stop referencing it as a way to judge a team getting "hosed."
                    It is especially worthless for the NIT, they need to create some kind of Power 5 bias index where a team gets extra points just for a being in a P5 league to better explain what is going on here.

Comment

I confess I do not necessarily buy into the borderline smackish turn of this thread . . . JackJD . . .

(smiley? frownie? confusedie?)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I confess I do not necessarily buy into the borderline smackish turn of this thread . . . JackJD . . .

(smiley? frownie? confusedie?)
                        Yeah, you're right.

Bottom line is Eustachy is a good coach. He had a couple of bumps in his life but got it under control. His team, with its 30 RPI, should be in the dance and I'm concerned they'll come out fired up to prove a point about that as well defending a top home record.

Added later: Moved posts to "Natty Ice" thread in Smack.
                        Last edited by JackJD; 03-16-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

It could be an entertaining game, if two angry-as-hell teams take the floor in Ft. Collins.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            Better test espnu availability. I have espn3/watchespn and can't open espnu because I don't subscribe, nor can I see sec tv, which also comes up under watchespn offerings.
                            If you can't get it, let me know. I have ESPNU and I have a couple usernames to get full access into espn3. I don't want anyone to miss a Jacks game because of crappy cable providers.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              If you can't get it, let me know. I have ESPNU and I have a couple usernames to get full access into espn3. I don't want anyone to miss a Jacks game because of crappy cable providers.
                              Better get Dish. (and use my name so i get the $50 referral)

Comment

Trivia: The ESPNU play-by-play guy Mitch Holthus for the CSU game is the radio voice of the Kansas City Chiefs.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X