2015 NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NIT

This will be the first appearance for SDSU in the National Invitation Tournament.

The first four out of the NCAA field are the top four seeds in the NIT. The field comprises four eight-team regions.

Higher seeds have the first option of hosting games in the first 3 rounds. The semifinals and championship game is of course at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

The winners of the past five Postseason NITs were: Minnesota, Baylor, Stanford, Wichita State, Dayton.

The NIT selection show is on ESPNU, Sunday, March 15, 7:30 pm CDT.

The NCAA will experiment with a 30-second shot clock in this year's NIT games.

NIT bracketology can be found here:

http://bracketmatrix.com/nit

Consensus is that SDSU will be a 7-seed, playing the likes of Stanford, Illinois, Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Richmond. Major challenges, especially on their home floors, but winnable nonetheless with your basic really, really good game (and maybe catching a power-5 school who doesn't want it as much as their opponent).

Definitely a big opportunity for the SDSU men to steal a win or three from "better" teams, extend their season, and get more practices in. Aggressive attitude will mean a lot. (I know I'm still not quite over the SL championship game, and if I were an SDSU player, I'd like to have somebody to take out some frustrations on.)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: 2015 NIT

It would be interesting if the Jacks (who are projected to be a 7 or 8 seed) and Illinois (projected to be a 1 or 2 seed) would get matched up in the first round for a couple of reasons. First, Scott Nagy's father was a long time assistant at Illinois and second because apparently the Illinois arena isn't available for a first round game and the lower seed would get to host.

Comment

At Colorado State on ESPNU, Wednesday at 9.

Comment

At Colorado State.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ugh. Not unexpected but almost as bad a draw as NDSU.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Jackrabbits are #8 seed and CSU is #1 seed.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

They beat Denver by 1 in December. An 85-84 game. Sounds like a lot of points for Denver to be scoring

Comment

Montana a #7?? How much better was the Summit's RPI than he Big Sky? Not sure if A&M would've been a better matchup for us but the Summit other than tournament attendance has some work to do in the PR department. Calling out Mr. Tom Douple??
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

The Jacks are an 8 seed and Montana is a 7. Really ? Jacks were over 50 spots better in the final RPI rankings.

Comment

A little surprised that Montana is a 7 seed and we are an 8 seed. Jacks' RPI is #94 while Montana's is #134.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Respect isn't given, it's earned.

Jacks need to go out and earn some respect, the old-fashioned way.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tough draw Rabbits, at least you got a TV game though.

No idea why Montana is a 7 though, that is garbage.

Comment

Wow.

The ESPNU "experts" know that SDSU's nickname is the Jackrabbits and we're in the Summit League. And that, apparently, is all they know about SDSU.

In other words, the usual.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Wow.

The ESPNU "experts" know that SDSU's nickname is the Jackrabbits and we're in the Summit League. And that, apparently, is all they know about SDSU.

In other words, the usual.
                            Don't give them too much credit. They were assisted by a teleprompter.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I was really hoping Illinois would get a 2 and the Jacks the 7 and would luck into a home game. At least one of the bracketology sites had predicted that.

Comment

Working...
                              X