Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I feel like we could still end up anywhere between 12 and 15. No confidence in this system.
    I will go out on a limb and say we will fall somewhere between 1-16 but yeah I agree with you.

Comment

Jacks are in the Spokane region.

#14 SDSU vs. #3 Oregon St. in Corvallis, OR.

Home game for Oregon State.

Gametime is 4pm CDT on Friday.

Comment

Shafted. Again.

Comment

Time for a Beaver Hunt!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Man, the committee is something. Make SDSU a #14 seed but send them to Corvallis instead of Iowa City.

#3 Iowa is, instead, facing #14 American.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Comment

What happened to "regionallity"?

Comment

Crazy, but we should not be too surprised. It's tough to overcome being a 14 seed. Very rare to win from there.

Comment

maybe if the Jacks start winning by 15 instead of losing by 15 in the tournament and start earning some respect. even arkansas got a higher seed and we beat them

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    maybe if the Jacks start winning by 15 instead of losing by 15 in the tournament and start earning some respect. even arkansas got a higher seed and we beat them
                    Where did usd play last year. What had they done to earn respect. Im tired if it. I was hoping to go to iowa city but guess not

Comment

Common opponent. BYU.

Jacks won 75-65 at Frost
                      Oregon St. won 71-61 at Corvallis.

Comment

Jacks have to stop losing to the teams they are supposed to beat. Losing to teams like Denver just gives the committee a chance to lower their seed. Being from a small mid-major the team has to erase all doubt in order to get respect
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/...30800#TEAM.OCF

Oregon State's stats for both the conference season and overall.

Things that stand out to me...

They really only go 7 deep. The big girl averages close to four blocks per game. They don't shoot free throws very well. Wiener and Wiese shoot over 40% from the 3pt line.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Yes, it would be nice to be able to drive to see the game but Oregon State is doable. We lost a few games we shouldn't have this year and several of those where without very key players.

So, what? Let's go beat OSU! They are a team without any kind of major tradition. They'll be nervous. Just need to give them 40 minutes of Jacks basketball and advance.

There's only one way to get respect. Let's go get it!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Man, the committee is something. Make SDSU a #14 seed but send them to Corvallis instead of Iowa City.

#3 Iowa is, instead, facing #14 American.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
                              I thought they wanted to save money on travel expenses plus peak interest for local fans and teams to try and increase attendance,no wonder they have half empty venues.I won't be going to Iowa City,nothing there I want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                Jacks have to stop losing to the teams they are supposed to beat. Losing to teams like Denver just gives the committee a chance to lower their seed. Being from a small mid-major the team has to erase all doubt in order to get respect
                                This post is spot on. We can't expect to get any respect when we lose to Denver NDSU and IUPUI in our conference. Factor into that how we lost to Marist and DePaul why is anyone surprised?

Gotta understand this is about a full body of work. Sure we beat Arkansas, and BYU but gotta factor in our losses. They hurt a lot more than those wins helped.

Comment

Working...
                                X