Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    The space bar and enter key should still be good though.

Comment

Yup, I need counseling in handling disappointment, therapy I guess it's called.....I'm starting to see some sunshine now, I'll be good in another month or two

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        How many times have you watched the replay???
        Only about 3 times, starting to lose it's entertainment value a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Only about 3 times, starting to lose it's entertainment value a little bit
          So an intervention is not needed???
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            So an intervention is not needed???
            LOL,...nope

Comment

Watched replay of Tenn vs Gonzaga, only because MidContinent Communications or ESPN wouldn't allow viewing live. That game was intense. Gonzaga blew a 17 pt lead, and about 12 with 6 min left to end up tied at end of regulation. Gonzaga let up being an aggressor on offense and started running the clock, as a result, their offense looked scared and didn't score the final points they needed,not enough to assure the victory,they didn't finish strong. Love good basketball, with all the Drama, intense action, all of it, very physical entertaining game.

The thing I came away with is the passion and will to win both teams exhibited. If you gave up your dribble on offense, there was instantly a player in your face, smothering the ball handler .The Tenn press was a real press, not just a token press, they were going for the steal on every pass, all five players, not just 2,3,or 4,all 5.They run a press very good. They played intense but under control, and frankly, had to.

If Gonzaga continues to get the tall post players, they've always had the perimeter and guard players, they'll continue their success post season.

Summit teams aren't ready for this type of competition, and the Summit representative will always be unprepared, until we all play at a higher level. SDSU is closer than any other team in the Summit to playing at this level, we are so close, can't wait to get over the hump and get that first sweet 16.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-29-2015, 10:47 AM. Reason: word spelled wrong

Comment

Watched replay of Tenn vs Gonzaga, only because MidContinent Communications or ESPN wouldn't allow viewing live. That game was intense. Gonzaga blew a 17 pt lead, and about 12 with 6 min left to end up tied at end of regulation. Gonzaga let up being an aggressor on offense and started running the clock, as a result, their offense looked scared and didn't score the final points they needed,not enough to assure the victory,they didn't finish strong. Love good basketball, with all the Drama, intense action, all of it, very physical entertaining game.

The thing I came away with is the passion and will to win both teams exhibited. If you gave up your dribble on offense, there was instantly a player in your face, smothering the ball handler .The Tenn press was a real press, not just a token press, they were going for the steal on every pass, all five players, not just 2,3,or 4,all 5.They run a press very good. They played intense but under control, and frankly, had to.

If Gonzaga continues to get the tall post players, they've always had the perimeter and guard players, they'll continue their success post season.

Summit teams aren't ready for this type of competition, and the Summit representative will always be unprepared, until we all play at a higher level. SDSU is closer than any other team in the Summit to playing at this level, we are so close, can't wait to get over the hump and get that first sweet 16.
                Gonzaga got to play a mile from their campus. Wouldnt it be fun if we could get that far and play in SF next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Gonzaga got to play a mile from their campus. Wouldnt it be fun if we could get that far and play in SF next year.
                  Hopefully, plus , we have the marquee match ups at Frost, should be a fun year.

Comment

And there is a LONG WAY to parity in NCAA WBB. All 1's & 2's to the elite 8, and only 1 10+ seed to Sweet 16 (Gonzaga). With UConn and the MD/TN to play tonite, there will either be 4 #1 seeds, or 3 #1, and the best #2 (TN) playing in the final four. UALR, Gonzaga, FGCU, Princeton only four mids to make it out of the first round.

Moral of the story: Play tough teams OOC, win those games. Get a seed of 11 or better, and have a chance to get another NCAA tourney win.

Of all the Summit teams, only Jacks are tackling that challenge, so any in conference loss is bad.

Comment

The speed of the women's game appears to be much quicker with the Elite 8. The 6'3" and 6'4" are quick as well. Physical play is the norm among those teams as well. The Jackrabbits have a chance to play some Big 10 and ACC in the fall at the Virgin Islands. Maryland, Old Dominion, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Dakota State, Tulane, Virginia, and Green Bay will be the teams competing. I am not certain how the brackets will set for this event, but it would seem that Maryland and Rutgers would not play each other outside of conference play. Pitt and Virginia would be in a similar situation. There is the potential for a couple of serious OOC games.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        The speed of the women's game appears to be much quicker with the Elite 8. The 6'3" and 6'4" are quick as well. Physical play is the norm among those teams as well. The Jackrabbits have a chance to play some Big 10 and ACC in the fall at the Virgin Islands. Maryland, Old Dominion, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Dakota State, Tulane, Virginia, and Green Bay will be the teams competing. I am not certain how the brackets will set for this event, but it would seem that Maryland and Rutgers would not play each other outside of conference play. Pitt and Virginia would be in a similar situation. There is the potential for a couple of serious OOC games.
                        Hope it's not Green Bay , not that they aren't a good team, just that we've played them 2 years running and I'd like to see how we do against someone new.They would be a much more winnable game than say Maryland would be though. Is the tournament two guaranteed games, or three?Our SOS number should be crazy high with next years schedule. That helps a lot with the games we might lose

Comment

Hope it's not Green Bay , not that they aren't a good team, just that we've played them 2 years running and I'd like to see how we do against someone new.They would be a much more winnable game than say Maryland would be though. Is the tournament two guaranteed games, or three?Our SOS number should be crazy high with next years schedule. That helps a lot with the games we might lose
                          The past years involve 2 brackets with 4 teams. It is a round robin within the bracket. It appears SDSU will get one Big 10, one ACC, and one of the other teams in a bracket. It is a good Thanksgiving tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            And there is a LONG WAY to parity in NCAA WBB. All 1's & 2's to the elite 8, and only 1 10+ seed to Sweet 16 (Gonzaga). With UConn and the MD/TN to play tonite, there will either be 4 #1 seeds, or 3 #1, and the best #2 (TN) playing in the final four. UALR, Gonzaga, FGCU, Princeton only four mids to make it out of the first round.

Moral of the story: Play tough teams OOC, win those games. Get a seed of 11 or better, and have a chance to get another NCAA tourney win.

Of all the Summit teams, only Jacks are tackling that challenge, so any in conference loss is bad.
                            I think the NCAA has demonstrated throughout their history, of showing no interest in promoting 'parity' in WBB .The professional sports world shows more interest in promoting parity than does the NCAA. They at least recognize it's not a good thing to have half the teams getting beat by 50 pts and would not keep fan interest at a high level. I could say more, but I think everyone would agree how anti-parity the NCAA really is. This last move where the first 4 seeds get to host just fortifies my argument. How's that help them get past the lower seeds 0-84 record debacle, chasing more money instead of trying to help produce a better product. Maybe a complete overhaul in the NCAA leadership is what's needed, would be the better way to achieve some sense of parity .The power structure is too firmly established for that to ever be even a remote possibility I'm afraid. I'm getting too involved in things that cannot and will not ever change again, sorry for the frustration showing.

Laying aside all the dreariness, we can do it on our own, just like rabidrabbit say's, exactly like he say's, he's 100% correct. Gonzaga's making good progress, and a handful of others too, we're right there with them. Keep plugging away, we'll get our break eventually, we have to be prepared to make the most of it when it comes.

Comment

Either the defending national champions or runner-up will be heading to Frost Arena next season. Notre Dame beats South Carolina 66-65.

Comment

The size both Notre Dame and South Carolina had on their rosters, wow. This is the difference in the next level. They don't shoot at quite the high percentage when they have defenders on them their size or bigger, and with no quickness advantage either. You think we had trouble with maybe one tall post, we are going to have troubles with that,plus. Notre Dame got a cushion and held on, South Carolina came after them. These two teams were pretty equal. Glad ND won.

Comment

Working...
                                X