Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    I wonder if we won't maybe see Alexander take a redshirt year if Gabby will be back and healthy?
    Interesting take. Never really thought of that...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      I'd think that the Summit League tourney champ will get into the Sioux Falls region. May not make it to sweet 16 to play, but will be in ala Delaware or Gonzaga. Mid-major, i.e. one bid conferences cannot get to a Sos/rpi high enough to be a top 4 seed. The only way to possibly change that is for the whole conference to be below 200 both SOS & RPI. Without P5 home/homes, SdSu won't go for that. And Jacks are the most aggressive schedulers. USD took good steps this season to upgrade their ooc. Iupui did to, but failed to get the w's. Princeton only had 8 home games, 1 which was ooc. SDSU wouldn't put up with such bull feathers.
      To expound on this statement in bold print, AJ gave a radio interview on KWSN Sports radio, and towards the last part of it divulged the first three games, all at home ,tail end of H&H's , with Marist (date not mentioned), Arkansas, Nov 18th, and ND, Nov 21st. Here's the link those who'd like to listen.(10:54 )mark for 3 game schedule reference.

Comment

Madison Guebert, a guard from suburban Minneapolis, is a star. I suspect that keeping her off the floor will be difficult. She's a big get for the Jacks.
        This space for lease.

Comment

From TV's review of the AAU tourney last summer -
          Jessica Mieras, 6-foot-2, center: The O'Gorman upcoming senior is unlike anybody that's played for the Jackrabbits in the past 8-10 years in terms of providing a post presence. It's seems unlikely that she'll get pushed around on the block as was an issue on occasion the last couple of seasons."

Along with Guebert, Mieras will likely work herself in a later starter, first off bench post.

Very exciting 15-16 season setting up for the Jacks WBB. Marist, DePaul, Arkansas, Notre Dame in Brookings.

Plus, the Paradise Jam announces the 2015 teams.

SDSU will be apart of the 2015 Paradise Jam. Other teams participating are Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Old Dominion, and Tulane.

So far, 7 teams that played post-season in 2015 in OOC, plus two in-conference, USD and ORU. Expect AJ to line up another 4 away, starts of home/home with good teams. Isn't NoCo coming in, or was that a one-off game? Very unusual for AJ to schedule an away OOC game with a mid, and no return, especially a former conference mate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mn Gophs to schedule Jacks. Gophs went to UND last season. I like the concept of the Gophs rotating through home/home with the 4 Dakota schools. 3 of the 4 are tough, and hopefully, NDSU can get back to the qualities that got them into the Basketball HOF.

Comment

Our posts should be a very versatile group, Ober and Thompson (can she play the 4 too?) can hit perimeter shots, maybe Mieras can step out too,word is Mieras is pretty good with short range jumpers,that's what Clarin was good at.Flaata seems taller to me than the rest,maybe it's just me,has made more of the few shots she took toward the end of this season,that's good. Our posts may be a little under sized at 6-1,6-2 now-day's, but should be a pretty sound and versatile group of players,we should get good scoring from this group of players.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-25-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Our posts should be a very versatile group, Ober and Thompson (can she play the 4 too?) can hit perimeter shots, maybe Mieras can step out too,word is Mieras is pretty good with short range jumpers,that's what Clarin was good at.Flaata seems taller to me than the rest,maybe it's just me,has made more of the few shots she took toward the end of this season,that's good. Our posts may be a little under sized at 6-1,6-2 now-day's, but should be a pretty sound and versatile group of players,we should get good scoring from this group of players.
              Thompson started at the 4 after Stevens was injured.

Comment

To expound on this statement in bold print, AJ gave a radio interview on KWSN Sports radio, and towards the last part of it divulged the first three games, all at home ,tail end of H&H's , with Marist (date not mentioned), Arkansas, Nov 18th, and ND, Nov 21st. Here's the link those who'd like to listen.(10:54 )mark for 3 game schedule reference.
                Wow I may just take vacation days and live in Brookings that week... wonder if my old apartment is available for a week...lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Thompson started at the 4 after Stevens was injured.
                  Yes, to me she's a perfect 4,like Clarin was....Stevens has a chronic foot problem, don't think she's completed a whole season yet w/o sitting out some of it,she looked rusty against OSU.Hope she can get that taken care of ,unless there's nothing they can do for it,I don't know.We can be special if everyone remains healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                    Wow I may just take vacation days and live in Brookings that week... wonder if my old apartment is available for a week...lol
                    Hope the weathers nice for a nice little trip from Sioux Falls.

Comment

Yes, to me she's a perfect 4,like Clarin was....Stevens has a chronic foot problem, don't think she's completed a whole season yet w/o sitting out some of it,she looked rusty against OSU.Hope she can get that taken care of ,unless there's nothing they can do for it,I don't know.We can be special if everyone remains healthy.
                      Jennifer Warkenthein was the perfect four. Clarin was a good player, but was far from "perfect". Lets not get too carried away in evaluation of the departing seniors. Thompson has the potential to be better than both, but she has one season under her belt. She did play much better as the season wore on and she saw more minutes. Her future is bright.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Jennifer Warkenthein was the perfect four. Clarin was a good player, but was far from "perfect". Lets not get too carried away in evaluation of the departing seniors. Thompson has the potential to be better than both, but she has one season under her belt. She did play much better as the season wore on and she saw more minutes. Her future is bright.
                        Clarin was really athletic, she jumped higher, moved quicker, she just didn't score as much as others, because she got into foul trouble, a lot of that due to trying to stop everyones best post player,a lot of times under sized, basically on her own.Didn't shoot three's. She was a dang good player,I'd say ,if you don't like perfect,and under appreciated.Warkenthein was the best for a long time,might still be considered the best,but "perfect"? Guess I can see your aversion to the word "perfect" ,if it means no room for improving on.

I did not mean for perfect to be taken literally, but more so figuratively, like,it's a perfect spring day,etc.I meant perfect as in exhibiting the physical attributes I think a good 4 should have, such as strength,speed, agility, quickness,etc. You can still disagree, but I stand by my opinion. Hope this explanation helps clear up some confusion anybody may have had as to what I was saying.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-25-2015, 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling,added content

Comment

Clarin was definitely solid, when she was on the floor. However, the amount of time she missed while being in foul trouble was substantial. Having a replacement with less potential for fouling, plus the ability to shoot from more than 8' out would make the team stronger quickly.

Comment

OK,I'm struggling with analytics, having trouble seeing the true problem, forget prior post,we weren't trying to run set plays,we had numerous shooters standing out on the perimeter is all and players post up.Normally a good thing, in the Summit,but with tournament caliber teams, we couldn't get decent looks,so the offense wasn't moving like it did the first half,appeearing to be stagnate,which it kind of is if you take 3 players out of moving on offense, and two posted up standing,there's no movement and the defense can lock into their defensive assignments.Anyway,I get too involved in little nuances of the game,which is good, if I could understand the game a little better. Actually,we played pretty good at times even in that 7-10 min stretch, made two buckets in a row once, never went too long without scoring, but got moderately out scored none the less, that's basketball sometimes . Lots of drival today,sorry.I'll quit watching the replay,that might help

Comment

OK,I'm struggling with analytics, having trouble seeing the true problem, forget prior post,we weren't trying to run set plays,we had numerous shooters standing out on the perimeter is all and players post up.Normally a good thing, in the Summit,but with tournament caliber teams, we couldn't get decent looks,so the offense wasn't moving like it did the first half,appeearing to be stagnate,which it kind of is if you take 3 players out of moving on offense, and two posted up standing,there's no movement and the defense can lock into their defensive assignments.Anyway,I get too involved in little nuances of the game,which is good, if I could understand the game a little better. Actually,we played pretty good at times even in that 7-10 min stretch, made two buckets in a row once, never went too long without scoring, but got moderately out scored none the less, that's basketball sometimes . Lots of drival today,sorry.I'll quit watching the replay,that might help

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

How many times have you watched the replay???
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X