SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

So, Who's all going to IA, City? It seems almost unlikely we go anywhere else. and we are going to play Iowa.
    Either as a 4-13 or a 3-14 match-up.

Iowa City
    IA(3/4) Vs. SDSU (14/13)
    IA St.(11/12)(maybe Wichita)Vs. Stanford/Cal.(6/5)

My Roommate (IOWAJACK) figured out the western host sites work out and cause this.

Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Every loss affects how a team will be looked at for seeding should they make the NCAA Tournament. We had 8 losses, about 4 too many. If we'd have won against UWGB, IUPUI, NDSU, Denver, we'd be looking at a much better seed than we'll probably get. I look at other mid-majors constantly getting higher seeds every year like projected #8 seed (UWGB,4 losses),UALR (27-4) #11,Gonzaga,(24-7)#11 ,didn't get auto bid, but will probably get an at large, James Madison #9 (27-3)FGCU#9 (29-2)Dayton #8 (26-6)and I can't help but think, we have to stop the trend of getting no better than a thirteen seed and playing against 1,2,3,OR 4 seeds the opening game if we are ever going to make inroads toward achieving our immediate goal of making a sweet 16 .The odds go way up of achieving our goal if we can play more consistant and minimize our losses, especially to teams we should win against. Control our own destiney a little better,if we can in the future. I know AJ preaches this already,but the importance of each and every game down the line can't be stressed enough.We are a young team, so we had some bumps, and injury's this year,so some losses are understandable.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-13-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Every loss affects how a team will be looked at for seeding should they make the NCAA Tournament. We had 8 losses, about 4 too many. If we'd have won against UWGB, IUPUI, NDSU, Denver, we'd be looking at a much better seed than we'll probably get. I look at other mid-majors constantly getting higher seeds every year like projected #8 seed (UWGB,4 losses),UALR (27-4) #11,Gonzaga,(24-7)#11 ,didn't get auto bid, but will probably get an at large, James Madison #9 (27-3)FGCU#9 (29-2)Dayton #8 (26-6)and I can't help but think, we have to stop the trend of getting no better than a thirteen seed and playing against 1,2,3,OR 4 seeds the opening game if we are ever going to make inroads toward achieving our immediate goal of making a sweet 16 .The odds go way up of achieving our goal if we can play more consistant and minimize our losses, especially to teams we should win against. Control our own destiney a little better,if we can in the future. I know AJ preaches this already,but the importance of each and every game down the line can't be stressed enough.We are a young team, so we had some bumps, and injury's this year,so some losses are understandable.
      So, no argument then?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        But are you up for trip to Iowa City if they go there?
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          So, Who's all going to IA, City? It seems almost unlikely we go anywhere else. and we are going to play Iowa.
          Either as a 4-13 or a 3-14 match-up.

Iowa City
          IA(3/4) Vs. SDSU (14/13)
          IA St.(11/12)(maybe Wichita)Vs. Stanford/Cal.(6/5)

My Roommate (IOWAJACK) figured out the western host sites work out and cause this.
          I really think we will go if they are in Iowa City. Too close to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            I really think we will go if they are in Iowa City. Too close to pass up.
            It would be a walk in the park compared to the trip to Boulder.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              But are you up for trip to Iowa City if they go there?
              I'd go for sure, but wish we didn't have to play a #3 seeded team. With a big contingent of Jacks fans in Ia. City, anythings possible.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-13-2015, 06:04 PM. Reason: wrong city

Comment

No matter where the Jacks go, I have an unreasonably good feeling about this team. I don't know why.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This morning Charlie Crème has seed #13 Jackrabbits playing seed #4 California in Berkeley. Outside of Iowa City, there does not appear to be many games played in the Midwest.
                  http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    This morning Charlie Crème has seed #13 Jackrabbits playing seed #4 California in Berkeley. Outside of Iowa City, there does not appear to be many games played in the Midwest.
                    http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology
                    If that predicted bracket would happen , it would allow two former Worthington High School team-mates to cross paths. Gabby from the Jacks and Martha Alwal who is second team all-SEC from Miss. State who plays in the other game.

Comment

Please don't send us to Waco! Been there, done that!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Please don't send us to Waco! Been there, done that!
                        When the women got beat by Baylor, it was in Lubbock, not Waco.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          When the women got beat by Baylor, it was in Lubbock, not Waco.
                          Thanks! Should have referenced the opponent, not the venue. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Too much Mulakey,that a problem we don't need.

Comment

The SDSU women are sporting these new shoes during the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X