Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    This post is spot on. We can't expect to get any respect when we lose to Denver NDSU and IUPUI in our conference. Factor into that how we lost to Marist and DePaul why is anyone surprised?

Gotta understand this is about a full body of work. Sure we beat Arkansas, and BYU but gotta factor in our losses. They hurt a lot more than those wins helped.
    Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      This post is spot on. We can't expect to get any respect when we lose to Denver NDSU and IUPUI in our conference. Factor into that how we lost to Marist and DePaul why is anyone surprised?

Gotta understand this is about a full body of work. Sure we beat Arkansas, and BYU but gotta factor in our losses. They hurt a lot more than those wins helped.
      I'm not upset with the seed. I am upset that the committee had the opportunity to put the Jacks in a 3 vs 14 game in Iowa City and instead shipped them off to a 3 vs 14 game in Oregon . And that has nothing to do with respect - USD was sent to Ames a year ago after being the fifth seed in the Summit League tourney.

Comment

I think that they don't want to jepordize a home team because we do have fans that would showup and cheer to a closer venue

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Jacks have to stop losing to the teams they are supposed to beat. Losing to teams like Denver just gives the committee a chance to lower their seed. Being from a small mid-major the team has to erase all doubt in order to get respect
          http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ns-101-bracket

And after examining the previous five years' brackets, teams or conferences will not be moved out of its natural region or geographic area an inordinate number of times.
          Emphasis added.

Comment

Take away the NDSU and Denver loss, SDSU could have been a 13 or a 12 seed. But it is what it is. I kinda like the match-up. SDSU had to play against ORU's big girl 3 times this season so playing against a 6'5 post shouldn't be a real concern unless they want to play they way they did against ORU in Sioux Falls and force things at the basket. I can't imagine Oregon State's big girl is that much better than McIntyre. I think SDSU has a pretty good shot at the upset if they can hit their shots from behind the arc. Their defense has be terrific ever since the Denver game. This game will be a great experience for this young team and will play dividends for the next couple seasons, which could end up being some very special seasons.

Comment

There are four 14 seeds in the Tourney (SDSU, American, Ohio, BYU) and the #3 seed games are played at Tampa, Iowa City, Oregon and Tempe.

BYU had previously played Oregon State so the NCAA didn't match them up in the first round and we were the closest remaining school so we got sent out there instead. A bigger question mark to me is why BYU was sent to Tampa while Ohio had to go to Arizona since neither school played Arizona State during the regular season.

Comment

OSU is a team that takes what the defense gives them .I think our strength lately has been playing, solid defense, and good enough offense to take advantage. I feel pretty good with how we've been giving teams nothing to exploit the way we've been playing defense. I think the quote from Clarin in the Argus article sums it up pretty good ,"We've done it before. It's not who we play, it's how we play." I like that approach of looking at the game,do what we have to do (Kerri may have said that?)Hopefully,our depth wears them down.

Comment

Early story about the opening rounds in Corvalis from the Corvalis Gazette-Times newspaper:
                  http://www.gazettetimes.com/sports/b...9566c1698.html

Comment

We've played Oregon State once: in the 04-05 season at the Paradise Jam in US Virgin Islands. The Beavers won, 68-65.

Here's a link to a thread on this message board about the game:
                    http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...s-Oregon-State

A link to the game story from the Oregon State site is below.
                    http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=207860997

Current head coach of the Beavers is Scott Rueck -- this is his fourth season so he wasn't around the last time AJ coached against Oregon State.

Comment

Graham Hays' thoughts on opening weekend places to be watching: Corvallis, OR

Playing at home against a No. 14 seed, teams that are 0-84 all-time in the NCAA tournament, No. 3 Oregon State should win its opening game. But if you wanted to make things interesting, you would want a physical team that isn't new to the postseason and can knock down 3-pointers. In other words, you would want South Dakota State. Even if Oregon State pulls away, the other first-round game between No. 6 George Washington and No. 11 Gonzaga is a matchup of two teams with a lot of size and a desire to shed the mid-major label with which they are often saddled.

If Jacks can have a good night from the 3 line, and get Hamelin (OSU big) in foul trouble, Jacks have a reasonable shot (or better than the 0-84 14's vs 3's record.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/10910 - College Sports Madness write-up about the Beavers.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/11015 - Same group about Jackrabbits.

Comment

Brooke Weisbrod has had a couple shout outs to the Jacks on ESPNU today. She is taking the Jacks over the Beavers. Weisbrod called the championship game for ESPNU in Sioux Falls along with Clay Matvick.

Comment

Ouch another tough matchup. I don't think the women will be intimidated, but it's going to be tough playing on the Beavers homecourt.

When USD played in Iowa last year, didn't they play Stanford? Which, don't get me wrong, Stanford has a great program, but why are we always playing on the host team's floor? That sucks.

Screw it. Let's win this.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            Ouch another tough matchup. I don't think the women will be intimidated, but it's going to be tough playing on the Beavers homecourt.

When USD played in Iowa last year, didn't they play Stanford? Which, don't get me wrong, Stanford has a great program, but why are we always playing on the host team's floor? That sucks.

Screw it. Let's win this.
                            When we get a number 3 seed, we will mostly like host. Others have said repeatingly that we lost some games we should have won and that does not help in the seeding process.

Comment

sHE WAS THERE THE DAY BEFORE SO SHE GOT A CLOSE LOOK AT THEM PLAYING A REALLY BIG GIRL.
                              Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Brooke Weisbrod has had a couple shout outs to the Jacks on ESPNU today. She is taking the Jacks over the Beavers. Weisbrod called the championship game for ESPNU in Sioux Falls along with Clay Matvick.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRabbitFoot View Post
                                sHE WAS THERE THE DAY BEFORE SO SHE GOT A CLOSE LOOK AT THEM PLAYING A REALLY BIG GIRL.
                                And it wasn't pretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X