Two T-Shirts & Tuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two T-Shirts & Tuba

#1 Take your $50 band scholarship and put a free Summit League t-shirt in your tuba. When the Rabbits make a run and the fans who actually got out of their cushion seats start a "Let's go Rabbits!" please don't play some Johnny High School band song to kill the chant.

#2 Hope everyone who got out of their cushion seats to get a free t-shirt got one!!!! State needs a defensive stop and our fans can't get out of their seats because the cheerleaders weren't throwing Summit League t-shirts.

Go Rabbits!
    Last edited by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit; 03-13-2015, 07:33 AM.

Re: Two T-Shirts & Tuba

So it's the band's fault we lost ? Oh ok, that makes sense.

Comment

I was chortling (filbert?) all tournament long at the ridiculous adults going bonkers over 5 dollar tshirts. Commented to my dad they should just throw out kid sized ones. Maybe that'd put an end to all the adults yanking tsirts meant for kids out of the air. Which I saw happen a couple times.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
        So it's the band's fault we lost ? Oh ok, that makes sense.
        Never said we lost because of the band. Just know when to put a plug in it........

Comment

We need a (time out) t-shirt cannon.

Where's Chris Webber when we needed him.....

Go Rabbits!

Comment

6-4-3, I couldn't agree more and I do start a fair # of chants. The band director is going to retire. But talk about a lack of situational awareness. My friend swears he would get died if he didn't play when he does. I call BS.

Comment

It would be nice if they had some flexibility in their "game script" to go with the fan flow.

For instance, it would be nice some time when the opposing coach calls a timeout to stop a Jacks run, if the band and cheerleaders immediately started State Cadence followed by Ring The Bells, rather than ghettoizing State Cadence to the robotic after-eight second half timeout (or worse, the conference tournament version of doing it during halftime when nobody's paying attention).

Are they trying to kill State Cadence?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                It would be nice if they had some flexibility in their "game script" to go with the fan flow.

For instance, it would be nice some time when the opposing coach calls a timeout to stop a Jacks run, if the band and cheerleaders immediately started State Cadence followed by Ring The Bells, rather than ghettoizing State Cadence to the robotic after-eight second half timeout (or worse, the conference tournament version of doing it during halftime when nobody's paying attention).

Are they trying to kill State Cadence?
                If they kill the end of the state cadence I'm all for it. the end of that chant is just garbage, "that's the people who we're for" is about as inspiring as "the school who serves us WELL..." just well, I mean I know we are modest here in SD, but sheesh.

And I know it's just my opinion. but then again I was against the bugs logo long before the rest of the world wanted a different logo, but that's a different topic i guess.
                Last edited by slosho; 03-11-2015, 05:12 PM. Reason: We're not were

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  If they kill the end of the state cadence I'm all for it. the end of that chant is just garbage, "that's the people who we're for" is about as inspiring as "the school who serves us WELL..." just well, I mean I know we are modest here in SD, but sheesh.

And I know it's just my opinion. but then again I was against the bugs logo long before the rest of the world wanted a different logo, but that's a different topic i guess.
                  Yes, in a real sense, sis-boom-bah rah-rah school spirit is indeed from another time, another world.

How about "Stomp the (Coyotes) (Bison) (othertwosyllableopponentnickname) to the floor!"

/triggerwarning;violence
                  /insertappropriatesmileyhere
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    "that's the people who we're for"
                    THAT is the end of the cadence?

I always hear it as "daza beeba ooja 4"

Admittedly, your take on it makes a bit more sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X