Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cody Larson, Under utilized or to high of expextations

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I just hope his Summit games improve as much from last year to this one as his games at Vermillion did. He really struggled in that final loss to FW last year, often losing control of the ball when he tried to dribble in the paint. That's one part of his game that he seems to have cleaned up this year. The shooters are bound to improve from last weekend, if Larson brings the same game he had in Vermillion we'll be ok.
    This brings back memories. He did have a tough game in the last tourney game last year. That will not happen this year, we are best when he touches the ball often, and most of the time he is an efficient scorer, which leaves plenty of touches and shots for our other talented players.

Short story with this team, post touches and dribble penetration by Marshall, Parks, etc leads to our best offensive outcomes. It not they pass around the perimeter and settle for tougher 3-pt attempts.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      I won't argue with this!

Just seems to me (in my mind) he should, I guess;score more?? block more shots. Obviously I had unrealistic expectations.

So, numbers wise does anybody think he will get an NBA look? I mean outside of Benson's size I would say that he doesn't (statistically) look that much better than Cody.
      He's not athletic enough to play in the NBA
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        What you mean that is he's not athletic enough to play a 3 or a 4 in the NBA. Right?

Comment

What you mean that is he's not athletic enough to play a 3 or a 4 in the NBA. Right?
          Might be a fast runner, but seems to play stiff. There are many levels of professional bb, if he wants to keep the dream alive. Not many true 5's anymore, not sure how he would do at 4.

Comment

No. NBA guys are either freakishly big, freakishly athletic, or both. Cody isn't athletic enough to play the 4 in the NBA and isn't big enough to play the 5. I'm sure there's a 5 out there that he's close to athletically but that guy is likely much bigger. Pekovic from the TWolves is a good example. It's just who he is.

I know it comes off like I'm knocking Cody, but NBA guys are just at a different level.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Is nate freakishly athletic compared to Cody? I would say no. But I understand he Cody could be no 5 in the NBA.

Man is the ultimate tournament here yet?!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                I don't think he wants to be either. He done quite well in the classroom and might be eager to move on in life.

Comment

Cody is basically a back to the basket , post-up offensive player. He is not big enough to make that work in the NBA. And not athletic enough to guard the stretch 4's that are common at the next level. His game would work well overseas if he wants to go that route , or maybe even the D-League.

Comment

Is nate freakishly athletic compared to Cody? I would say no. But I understand he Cody could be no 5 in the NBA.

And why is Nate now out of an NBA uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I don't think he wants to be either. He done quite well in the classroom and might be eager to move on in life.
                      He stated on Jackrabbit Insider he wanted to try to play at the next level (probably overseas).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        He stated on Jackrabbit Insider he wanted to try to play at the next level (probably overseas).
                        Okay still got some play left in him. He is at a good age to experience life in Europe or where ever BB is played.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 03-06-2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I quit thinking that after Jordan Dykstra went on to play in Europe. I was sure he would go straight into his future academic life , but that proved to me that almost every player wants to try to play at the next level if given the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I quit thinking that after Jordan Dykstra went on to play in Europe. I was sure he would go straight into his future academic life , but that proved to me that almost every player wants to try to play at the next level if given the opportunity.
                            That's good and why should they not. Every once in awhile, you hear people my age talk about missed opportunities.

Comment

I would argue that Nate is freakishly skilled.

Size, athleticism, and skills. You better be world class in one of those areas if you want a shot at the NBA. All-Stars are world class in two or more. All time greats like Jordan, Shaq, or LeBron are world class in all three.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Freakishly athletic? No. An absolute master of ball control? You bet and that is what got him to the NBA. Hopefully he will get another chance.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X