Cody Larson, Under utilized or to high of expextations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cody Larson, Under utilized or to high of expextations

I think Cody has had a fantastic year. He has been an absolute force defensively and pretty consistent on the offensive end.

It seems to me that when Cody has his mind in it and giving the effort he is the best player on the court in virtually every game.

If I was to be critical it would be that it seems like he spends too much time a long way from the basket on the offensive end. As a result, he can kind of disappear in a game for periods of time. He is best when the offense is run through him and he is either getting a good shot, getting fouled and going to the line, or finding an open shooter. Its a minor complaint but that's my take. Also, he can get caught up worrying about not getting a call. Just play the game and let the coach handle that.

He is one of the all-time best big men to play at SDSU. No doubt about that. If he is on this weekend then good luck to everyone else.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      He is one of the all-time best big men to play at SDSU. No doubt about that. If he is on this weekend then good luck to everyone else.

SUPERBUNNY
      Can you imagine Kent Hyde or Ron Otterness with those ball handling skills, I cant because they sadly,they did not have those abilities, but chalk that up to game changing over the years skills. I am amazed how well he sometimes is force to handle the ball and does it really in a remarkable fashion.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 03-06-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Did anyone catch the ESPN3 announcers during one of the Jack's Men's games--I don't know which one for sure--saying Cody reminded them of a Kevin Love minus the consistent 20' jumper. This was during one of the games w/in the past month I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
          Did anyone catch the ESPN3 announcers during one of the Jack's Men's games--I don't know which one for sure--saying Cody reminded them of a Kevin Love minus the consistent 20' jumper. This was during one of the games w/in the past month I believe.
          Keep in mind the announcers on ESPN3 are the midco guys....

Comment

Cody had a fantastic game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Cody had a fantastic game last night.
              Yes he did plus everyone else off the bench.

Comment

Most overrated player to put on a Jackrabbit uniform

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                  Most overrated player to put on a Jackrabbit uniform
                  Huh!!! You must have a laugh in here somewhere and maybe I don't get it.. I think Cody did real well at SDSU, I am sorry to see him go. I wonder if he regrets going to Florida, when he could have a great career at SDSU. Ian Theisen will get there but its going to take some time. We will miss Cody next year.

Comment

It hasn't been noted on here yet but Cody Larson had a workout with the Bulls a couple days ago and will workout for the Bucks today. It would be fun to see him on a Summer League roster (highly doubtful though). I could see him playing overseas for a couple of years.

Comment

Cody Larson was drafted 2nd overall (8 picks per round, 8 rounds) in the WorldWide Invitational Camp. It's basically a showcase to impress international teams.

About WW Invitational

WW Invitational Rosters

Cody Larson's Team:
                      17 Rodney Glasgow VMI (Big South) 5'11 PG BBC Monthey (Swiss-LNA)
                      18 Corey Allen South Florida (AAC) 6'1 G South Florida (AAC)
                      19 Trae Golden Georgia Tech (ACC) 6'2 PG/G Lapua (Finland-Korisliiga)
                      20 Michael Cuffee Middle Tenn State (CUSA) 6'5 G Tuebingen (German-BBL)
                      21 Mark Nwakamma Hartford (America East) 6'6 F Hartford (America East)
                      22 Cody Larson S. Dakota State (Summit) 6'9 PF S. Dakota State (Summit)
                      23 Kameron Woods Butler (Big EAST) 6'9 PF Butler (Big EAST)
                      24 Jordan Stone BYU-Hawaii (NCAA II) 6'10 C BYU-Hawaii (NCAA II)

Comment

JackrabbitBasketball
                        ‏@GoJacksMBB
                        It's official, former Jackrabbit @codylarson34 signs professionally with the UBC Magnofit Gussing Knights in Austria! #GoJacks

Congrats and Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X