X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Tournament- Sanford Pentagon

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    6'9" 240 lbs is undersized?
    Is he 6'9 240!? He looked smaller than that. If that's the case, never-mind what I just said. Find the man a SDSU jersey for a couple days!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Who's Jansen? What does he offer that somebody on the current SDSU roster doesn't already have? (These are honest questions, actually. I have no idea who Jansen is. I live in suburban KC.)
      He would be a solid 4 for the Jacks, right now we are undersized playing Reed at the 4.
      Jansen was co-MVP of NSIC.

Comment

Who's Jansen? What does he offer that somebody on the current SDSU roster doesn't already have? (These are honest questions, actually. I have no idea who Jansen is. I live in suburban KC.)
        Co player of year in NSIC. Big and strong. Good face up game and hits 3's also. He'd match up well vs. Summit bigs.

http://northernsun.org/news/2015/2/2...px?path=mbball

Schilling is a Summit caliber player also.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

OK. Jansen sounds like a player who could definitely produce if he were in D-I. League MVP in D-II. Good on 'em.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            Nope, and it will never happen. To much to lose if either D1 team lost. The most local teams SDSU will play are Dakota State, Black Hills State, and SD Tech.
            They probably learned from the Gophers losing to Winona St a bunch of years ago in an exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Is he 6'9 240!? He looked smaller than that. If that's the case, never-mind what I just said. Find the man a SDSU jersey for a couple days!
              Does he have ties to Emery SD? A curious question.

Comment

I checked the Web page and should have done this first. Daniel is from Orange City Iowa. Seems like SDSU had a Jansen playing a few decades back and I thought he was kin to that player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I checked the Web page and should have done this first. Daniel is from Orange City Iowa. Seems like SDSU had a Jansen playing a few decades back and I thought he was kin to that player.

I didn't look into this, but I thought the Emery family was spelled Janssen. Wasn't there a Janssen John Deere Implement there? Maybe that will help ring a few cowbells....

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
                    I didn't look into this, but I thought the Emery family was spelled Janssen. Wasn't there a Janssen John Deere Implement there? Maybe that will help ring a few cowbells....
                    That's the one and you are probably right on the spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      That's the one and you are probably right on the spelling.
                      Both Terry and John played for Coach Marking in the late 60s early 70s

Comment

Personally, I'd rather watch Notre Dame's women's basketball team play in Frost against SDSU than Augie's.

Maybe that's just me.

And . . . I would invite a return to the topic of the thread (after the example of NWHSUandSDSU . . . to whom I would add . . . oops.)
                        I think everybody would agree with you but Augie's game would be an exhibition and Notre Dame's game would count for real. So really playing Augie wouldn't effect SDSU's "real" schedule. SDSU's women already schedule MSU-Mankato so Augie would be along the same lines(just not as local).

SDSU's mens team played Wayne State this year and they are in the same conference as Augie but the men's other game is usually against Dakota State or Dakota Weslyen so Augie would be a big step up.

Coach Bono wants to wrestle Aguie and it was close last year but SDSU killed them this year. I don't see it getting any closer. I guess we will see how long Augie wants to keep it going or if SDSU really beefs up it's schedule, there might nit be room for Augie. Completely different sport and completely different stakes but a completely different attitude by the coaches.

Returning to the topic- I wanted a lot of the Aguie-Northern State men's game. I thought that Northern might just squeak one out but if they play 10 times, I think Augie would win about 8 or 9 of them. They are just too big and physical.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          Returning to the topic- I wanted a lot of the Aguie-Northern State men's game. I thought that Northern might just squeak one out but if they play 10 times, I think Augie would win about 8 or 9 of them. They are just too big and physical.
                          Very physical game. The refs let 'em play.

Comment

In Sioux Falls for work so I'll be at tonight's game at the Pentagon. Hoping for a great game and looking forward to seeing the venue for the first time.

Comment

Is this being streamed anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Is this being streamed anywhere?
                                http://northernsun.org/sports/2014/1...ey.aspx?id=84&

Go to game and click the live video link.

Comment

Working...
                                X