NSIC Tournament- Sanford Pentagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Tournament- Sanford Pentagon

Fantastic finish between Mankato and Moorhead. Zach Monaghan (former SDSU player) hit a 3 with 4 seconds left to give the Mavericks a 1 point lead. Then a Moorhead player drove down the length of the court and hits a game winning floater. MSU was the 2-time defending champion. It's March Madness!

Moorhead will play the winner of Augie/NSU (play tonight at 8:00) for the championship tomorrow.

All the NSIC games can been seen on Midco.
    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 03-02-2015, 05:00 PM.

Re: NSIC Tournament- Sanford Pentagon

Zimmer's doing an Argus live chat tonight from the Augie-NSU game, if you're of a mind to wander over and take a virtual peek in.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It would be very interesting to see Moorhead or Augie in the Summit League. Did either SD D1 school play Augastana in exhibition?

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
        It would be very interesting to see Moorhead or Augie in the Summit League. Did either SD D1 school play Augastana in exhibition?
        Nope, and it will never happen. To much to lose if either D1 team lost. The most local teams SDSU will play are Dakota State, Black Hills State, and SD Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
          I attended an Augie game this year, and was very impressed with their Sioux Falls Arena setup. Talent wise, they could not compete right now, but that could/would change with a recruiting cycle or two. IMO, their basketball program would be a perfect fit. Don't know about the rest of their programs, and football in particular would be problematic.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            Nope, and it will never happen. To much to lose if either D1 team lost. The most local teams SDSU will play are Dakota State, Black Hills State, and SD Tech.
            I don't like that attitude, IMO SDSU should schedule the best available competition... We all complain about power 5 schools not wanting to schedule us, then we do the same thing to lower level schools?

A HUGE factor in scheduling NSIC games is the fact that the NSIC is not friendly for scheduling OOC in general. Their entire football schedule is conference foes (seriously, they couldn't schedule us if they wanted to), and they had 5 (five!) non-conference basketball games.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

This is why former Gopher coach Pam Borton, would never schedule a H&H with us, too much to lose. She was unfairly maligned for that, when in reality it's a pretty common attitude. Surprising how big, powerful programs can be so intimidated by lesser programs who may have a chance(exhibition games don't count, in this case pre-season and DI vsDII). When I was growing up, we called it being Chicken S***,today, it's called , "just being smart". Sad how this attitude has changed and has become accepted.

What happened to the spirit of competing with the best. You get a diluted everything when people start thinking too much with "gosh,what if we lose" attitude.We finally got her at Frost,so maybe she was right all along,but, she should have approached it differently,she should have looked at it as " if I play them and lose,we need to work harder to become a better team" attitude.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

One observation I have noticed on Twitter from other schools coaches and administrators is how great the venue is. Have not heard one word about augie having an unfair advantage

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  This is why former Gopher coach Pam Borton, would never schedule a H&H with us, too much to lose. She was unfairly maligned for that, when in reality it's a pretty common attitude. Surprising how big, powerful programs can be so intimidated by lesser programs who may have a chance(exhibition games don't count, in this case pre-season and DI vsDII). When I was growing up, we called it being Chicken S***,today, it's called , "just being smart". Sad how this attitude has changed and has become accepted.

What happened to the spirit of competing with the best. You get a diluted everything when people start thinking too much with "gosh,what if we lose" attitude.We finally got her at Frost,so maybe she was right all along,but, she should have approached it differently,she should have looked at it as " if I play them and lose,we need to work harder to become a better team" attitude.
                  Personally, I'd rather watch Notre Dame's women's basketball team play in Frost against SDSU than Augie's.

Maybe that's just me.

And . . . I would invite a return to the topic of the thread (after the example of NWHSUandSDSU . . . to whom I would add . . . oops.)
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Personally, I'd rather watch Notre Dame's women's basketball team play in Frost against SDSU than Augie's.

Maybe that's just me.

And . . . I would invite a return to the topic of the thread (after the example of NWHSUandSDSU . . . to whom I would add . . . oops.)
                    I can count on Filbert always being the level headed one. Guiding me gently back down to earth for a safe landing.Beat the Irish!!

Comment

Another great game tonight. Augie won in OT. Dan Jansen hit a floating runner with 2 seconds left. NSU got off a half-court shot that hit the rim.

Comment

Another great game tonight. Augie won in OT. Dan Jansen hit a floating runner with 2 seconds left. NSU got off a half-court shot that hit the rim.
                        Think anyone would notice if we borrowed Jansen for a few days coming up...
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Well SDSU already has the SD advantage so might as well add another advantage for people to complain about.

I wonder what Jansen could do in the Summit? He is undersized but is pretty mobile for his size. If he was a couple inches taller he could have been a pretty decent D1 mid-major player.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Who's Jansen? What does he offer that somebody on the current SDSU roster doesn't already have? (These are honest questions, actually. I have no idea who Jansen is. I live in suburban KC.)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well SDSU already has the SD advantage so might as well add another advantage for people to complain about.

I wonder what Jansen could do in the Summit? He is undersized but is pretty mobile for his size. If he was a couple inches taller he could have been a pretty decent D1 mid-major player.
                              6'9" 240 lbs is undersized?
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                              X