Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU / USD @ VERMILLION

Originally posted by Yotes View Post
    So having a conference title all to yourself doesn't mean anything? Give me a break. If anything the game should have meant more to SDSU than USD.

The USD game in Brookings was just minutes after our women hosted you in the Dome, I'm surprised there were any fans that made the trip north.
    Yotes: Welcome to the board. The first sentence of your first post is an inauspicious start. You'll do better if you form an argument based on an actual statement. Anything short of that is simply trolling (seriously frowned upon in this message board). This game had tremendous meaning to the Jackrabbit team, coaches and fans and everyone knows that. USD was in the position of being a big spoiler and they rose to the occasion. All sports fans watch examples of the underdog pulling off the upset from time to time whether its in the NFL, NBA, college basketball, pro baseball -- all sports.

FACTS:
    1. SDSU won another regular-season conference title...would have been 100 times better if we won it outright but we have to share it this season (and, ugh, with those bums up north!).
    2. SDSU goes into the conference tourney as the number 1 seed.
    3. I get to spend four days in Sioux Falls associating with thousands wearing yellow and blue, supporting the Jacks.

I've been to every Summit League Tourney in Sioux Falls. I've watched the Jacks upset the number 1 seed. I've watched the Jacks as number 1 seed get upset. It's a great game and its going to be a lot of fun again this year

Nothing written by a loyal coyote fan who was forced to suffer through a mediocre season is going to change those facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Exactly. What will USD do when their Dome advantage is gone? I'd be curious to see the stats of how visiting teams fare in shooting at the Dome versus their season average.
      Are you saying their new facility will actually make them a worse team? Interesting theory, we'll see how that plays out.

I don't care if we play on a court set up in the middle of a corn field, our team struggles on the road.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        You come on our fan board and write a stupid and long post. You should change your username to RabbitObsessed #2, since you spend all of your time thinking about the Jackrabbits. Why can't you just choose to win with class?
        Is this implying that I'm somehow a USD fan? Or am I reading this wrong?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Are you saying their new facility will actually make them a worse team? Interesting theory, we'll see how that plays out.

I don't care if we play on a court set up in the middle of a corn field, our team struggles on the road.
          I agree with this, but if we played in the middle of a corn field we'd be supposedly be right at home. Since SDSU is just a bunch of hicks.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            You are reading it wrong. It was my poor attempt at humor, and suggesting that the Yotes are obsessed with the Rabbits.

Although, if I recall, you were once a USD fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              The way I figure is that usd has an advantage since large builds and domes are hard for players to adjust to compared to a regular arena. So usd is use too shooting there while most other players only play a couple games in their career there. Frost is a good shooting arena that unfortunately we have seen to many other good teams or players come in and shoot lights out. So most likely a new arena at usd does take aways away an advantage. Visitors will probably raise their fg percentage at usd.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was searching around the argus website for postgame video and I saw something that surprised me. There is a note underneath Nagy's interview (that I couldn't hear) that noted the SDSU players chose to not participate in the postgame interview.

If anything about this weekend was embarrassing, I would say this would be first on my list. Unless someone can come up with a reason/excuse that makes sense.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  No, I'm saying I think that the other teams that come to Vermillion will play better with improved shooting conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yotes View Post
                    So having a conference title all to yourself doesn't mean anything? Give me a break. If anything the game should have meant more to SDSU than USD. ... .
                    I didn't say the game didn't mean anything. You made that up. If you want to quibble with something I say, fine. However, please make it something I actually said. Of course I wanted the Jacks to win, and I wanted the Jacks to win the conference outright. The Coyotes played like they wanted that particular game more. That's about it.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                      I was searching around the argus website for postgame video and I saw something that surprised me. There is a note underneath Nagy's interview (that I couldn't hear) that noted the SDSU players chose to not participate in the postgame interview.

If anything about this weekend was embarrassing, I would say this would be first on my list. Unless someone can come up with a reason/excuse that makes sense.
                      The team just got their arse kicked against an in-state rival. I wouldn't want to talk to the media after that type of game either. IMO if the players don't want to talk they don't have to talk. They could have came out and pulled a Lynch during SuperBowl week. Coaches on the other hand, should talk after every game.

Comment

I find it interesting that the Argus has not had any post game clips for the Jackrabbits since TV has left.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          I find it interesting that the Argus has not had any post game clips for the Jackrabbits since TV has left.
                          Zimmer said he wont post them. It was brought up during one the live chats or game events. That is another small thing that TV did when he covered the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Check Mick Garry. I saw them from his Twitter feed. From the USD game at least.

Comment

I look at it this way.....if we make it to the Big Dance, is anyone really going to care if we shared the league title as opposed to winning outright? Is the fact the we shared the regular season title going to sour the excitement of being in the NCAA tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                The team just got their arse kicked against an in-state rival. I wouldn't want to talk to the media after that type of game either. IMO if the players don't want to talk they don't have to talk. They could have came out and pulled a Lynch during SuperBowl week. Coaches on the other hand, should talk after every game.
                                You win with class and you lose with class. The only people they had to be pissed at was themselves. Go back over the football season, every game SDSU players were there win or lose. Could you imagine ZZ & Austin not showing up for media after the NDSU playoff loss?
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X