GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Coyotes

Kinda makes that denver loss hurt a little bit more now. Oh well we are still in a good spot. I was happy to see that even when usd got with in 4 they didn't worry.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's the link to the Coyote's post-game presser. It's only 1:20 long.

http://youtu.be/ngUkF3wmTUo

Hopefully, it works..
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

The way the women's game continues to be called make it very frustrating for players to play and difficult to watch for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          67 points for the yotes is a good defensive game. Contreras finished with 8. Seekamp scored 18 with many coming late in game and only 4 in the first half. This is a solid win with rough and tough game that yielded 47 fouls called. There were many wtf calls both ways. The home court atmosphere was great while Williams was working the refs from the beginning. She seems to be a Kim Mulkey disciple. The yote women play with intensity. The jackrabbits had much better results if they hustled back and made the yotes run an offense. If the defense allowed early penetration, it was part of the 30 points in the paint. I can see how the yotes average 80 points per game. Cornemann and Walters get the quiet award for good defense. Ober gets the hustle play of the year award(standing ovation). Miller shows why she should be the freshman of the year. Both teams play IUPUI and WIU to finish the conference play. The Jackrabbits should have a chance in the tournament even if the yotes keep first place alone.
          I been around for a significant amount of time and have watch a ton of basketball and I've never seen or heard a coach wine about EVERYTHING like Williams. I realize this is not the smack section but that gets really old in a hurry! She complained even when things went well for her team. I thought Nagy was a complainer but Williams makes Coach Nagy look passive! As an apposing fan she really makes you dislike her constant stomping, pacing and screaming! Man that got old. I don't think there was a single play that she did not bend one of the officials ears.

Good win Jacks.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            I been around for a significant amount of time and have watch a ton of basketball and I've never seen or heard a coach wine about EVERYTHING like Williams. I realize this is not the smack section but that gets really old in a hurry! She complained even when things went well for her team. I thought Nagy was a complainer but Williams makes Coach Nagy look passive! As an apposing fan she really makes you dislike her constant stomping, pacing and screaming! Man that got old. I don't think there was a single play that she did not bend one of the officials ears.

Good win Jacks.

GBGBGJ
            This X1000. Hope we get a chance at them in the tourney.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              The way the women's game continues to be called make it very frustrating for players to play and difficult to watch for fans.
              Agree, refereeing might be one profession where criticism is vehemently discouraged and frowned upon and its because if ref's didn't have a sense of freedom to, and weren't allowed to make the tough calls with impunity ,basketball would turn into chaos and a state of anarchy would prevail. It would become unorganized and way to physical probably .So, consequently, bad calls are tolerated from questionably qualified individuals and as a result the profession has it's fair share of pretenders.

I see now how I might get into trouble on this message board, if I was smart and had even the slightest desire to not be controversial.....I'd have just said " I agree" and left it at that. I do basically "just agree", because I don't think anyone really wants to delve into the sensitive subject of how to referee properly. More then enough said, sorry.It is difficult to watch the games sometimes. Some games,at best, all you can hope for is equally bad calls on your opponent, to even things out a little, in the interest of fairness perhaps.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-22-2015, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Seems many women's officials just refuse to allow any physicality in the game and they are preventing any kind of flow in the game. The officials are too much part of the game. Tyler even commented during men's game I hope this isn't officiated like the women's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

Good win Jacks.

GBGBGJ
                  She does it because it works.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Seems many women's officials just refuse to allow any physicality in the game and they are preventing any kind of flow in the game. The officials are too much part of the game. Tyler even commented during men's game I hope this isn't officiated like the women's game.
                    Agree, when I see the "guilty" party, with the look of disbelief ,permenately etched on her face, standing still with both arms straight up so as to not draw a foul, and hear the dreaded whistle anyway, ya, it disrupts the game, and when there's a whistle on just about every possession,it affects the flow of the game and doesn't allow the players to play to their full potential.Said too much again....darn it!

I agree wholeheartedly. But however disconcerting some of the calls are, I know it's an exercise in futility to question calls too, so we hoot a little and move on. Thats where the frustration comes in, when you see the same thing every game ,over and over, and have to watch a boring game that could have been much better had the refereeing been better.I'm hoping we get ref's who can see this, and things get better in the future.Optimism prevails!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      She does it because it works.
                      Can't they tune her out? Like a guy does with a nagging wife....j/k

Comment

1womwns coaches.jpg2womenscoach.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]576[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]575[/ATTACH]
                          Similar demeanor!

Comment

I will never ever forget that game. how a coach worked the ref's. even the espn crew commented how mulky was having her way with the ref's. we had a legitimate sweet sixteen team that year. hopefully we'll be there again!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                              I will never ever forget that game. how a coach worked the ref's. even the espn crew commented how mulky was having her way with the ref's. we had a legitimate sweet sixteen team that year. hopefully we'll be there again!!!!!
                              Safe to say it's a bit of a raw nerve for long-time Jackrabbit WBB fans . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Safe to say it's a bit of a raw nerve for long-time Jackrabbit WBB fans . . .
                                I was there. The refs 100% decided the outcome. The Jacks were running Baylor out of the building. Now I'm all worked up again...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X