GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Coyotes

This might be considered a statement game for both teams. The Coyotes come in without the starting point guard. The Jackrabbits have Waytashek back, but Stevens is recovering from an injury this game. SDSU can continue the home winning streak and subdue the league leading USD. Defense will be a big item for this contest. USD losses(except one) result in 65 or less points scored. USD averages 80 points per contest. The USD bench will contribute over 70 minutes per game and 25 points. This will be a very tough game, but I believe that the friendly confines of Frost Arena will offer some comfort and confidence for the Jackrabbit women today. The defense and crowd keep the Jackrabbits women solidly in second place for the conference race. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Coyotes

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    This might be considered a statement game for both teams. The Coyotes come in without the starting point guard. The Jackrabbits have Waytashek back, but Stevens is recovering from an injury this game. SDSU can continue the home winning streak and subdue the league leading USD. Defense will be a big item for this contest. USD losses(except one) result in 65 or less points scored. USD averages 80 points per contest. The USD bench will contribute over 70 minutes per game and 25 points. This will be a very tough game, but I believe that the friendly confines of Frost Arena will offer some comfort and confidence for the Jackrabbit women today. The defense and crowd keep the Jackrabbits women solidly in second place for the conference race. Go Jacks!!
    I've got the Jacks by 11

Comment

A little light snow falling right now in Ethan. I was surprised to see the ground a little white this morning. Roads should be fine by this afternoon. Might be a little slick right now. Its great to see all the Mitchell people that are at the womens games supporting Macy and Kerri(and the Jacks). We will be meeting 3 other couples from Mitchell at Cubbys before the game. Next Saturday the Mitchell booster club is sponsoring a bus to the IUPUI game. Havent heard how many are signed up. Ive even sighted some USD grads at the games supporting the Mitchell girls. Bet that hurts a little.

Comment

Starting the journey north in less than an hour. I'd love to see a blowout today - no close game is necessary.

I noticed that Miller and MW are tied as the scoring leaders for this year. Any idea if a freshman has ever led the team in scoring?

Comment

Apparently this is the Jacks super bowl according to the Yotes message board lol

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            Apparently this is the Jacks super bowl according to the Yotes message board lol
            It might be considered to be a playoff game. It would be more points for the famous corn showdown series. It would be an important game for closing in on at least a #2 seed for the tournament. It is an important game for continued home winning streak. The Super Bowl game would be more like March 10 at 1pm.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It might be considered to be a playoff game. It would be more points for the famous corn showdown series. It would be an important game for closing in on at least a #2 seed for the tournament. It is an important game for continued home winning streak. The Super Bowl game would be more like March 10 at 1pm.
              Any game this late is the conference season is considered a "playoff" game imo. Every game is important from here on out but the season isn't over if the Jacks lose today. Like you said March 10th will be the "Super Bowl" game because of whats at stake.

I just find it funny how some of their posters can claim that. SDSU has been the regular season champs and/or tourney champs since joining the Summit. It's a rivalry game, but that's it. To me, another type of "super bowl" game might be when Notre Dame and Depaul come to Frost next season.

Comment

The SDSU WBB has been the #1 seed 4 times and the #3 seed twice in the Summit Tournament. It is possible to win 3 days in a row if needed.

Comment

The SDSU WBB has been the #1 seed 4 times and the #3 seed twice in the Summit Tournament. It is possible to win 3 days in a row if needed.
                  Glad you looked this up, I was wondering if we hadn't won as a three seed (I only thought once). Also, a number 1 seed had a history of not winning the Summit prior to the Jacks joining If I recall correctly.

Comment

The Jacks seem to get it going in March. I'm not worried one bit about this team. AJ will have them ready. Last year was weird by having a bye in the 1st round.

Comment

I think both coaches use this game to analyze it for vulnerabilities they can later exploit in the game that counts, should they (very likely) meet again. Although you can't overlook anyone in the Summit Tourney ,as there is some what of a history of upsets for those who do. I think it has to do with how much more energy teams put forth when they know it's season over and the loser goes home. It catches teams off guard who are expecting to play the team they played during the regular season, but they are confronted by a team that play's much harder , and they're not ready for it.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-21-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        Wow! If ever any teams puts the ¨super bowl" status on a regular season game its the Coyotes when they plan the Jacks in any event. Is this an important game? You bet it is. Extremely important to win this game and at minimum gain either the number one or two seed. Could the Jacks or Coyotes win the summit tournament from a seed other than #! or #2 - yes. But, the day of rest that a top seed gets if you win game one is critical. I think the Jacks win by double digits today. Megan W is much healthier than last week and we are in Frost.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Stevens is in street clothes during shoot around. The sideline GA filled in much faster than last weekend today. Big line waiting to get in 70 minutes before tipoff.

Comment

7:06 left in the first half.

SDSU 23, USD 21.

Jacks are 8-26 overall, and 0-7 from 3.
                            USD is 8-18 overall.

Comment

Jacks up 34-26 at the half.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X