Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big 12?

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Been discussion around Brookings for several weeks. Although the devil is in the details and my understanding is that not all the i's have been dotted, although it is going to happen. The version I heard is that the WWC will merge into the four schools in the Big 12 who have wrestling…Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia. If so, that would mean a number of the other schools in the WWC would be part of the package as well. I assume it will be the similar to other arrangements where you have "associates" join your league in sports where a number of schools in the conference don't have that sport. Should know something official pretty quick.
    Still a great thing for SDSU though no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Still a great thing for SDSU though no doubt.
      Absolutely! I also should add that while it seems to be a done deal, we may not hear about it officially until sometime in March.

Comment

Bison board almost collectively wet them self's when they heard of a big announcement coming today!

Just knew they were going to join the Big XII in wrestling! Long overdue, right.

Turns out a former asst fb coach will speak at a banquet next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Bison board almost collectively wet them self's when they heard of a big announcement coming today!

Just knew they were going to join the Big XII in wrestling! Long overdue, right.

Turns out a former asst fb coach will speak at a banquet next month.
          Wrong...it was the thoughts of a few that it would be the official announcement, for the record I was one but if you find any post where I was wetting myself I challenge you...

It's going to happen, so not sure what your smacking?

Oh and yes that former Bison alum in Jacksonville head coach you know of the NFL is going to speak, and congratulate the success of ndsu athletics the past couple oh....4 years or so.

And generate a few donation dollars to help pay the athletes....ggood time
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            Wrong...it was the thoughts of a few that it would be the official announcement, for the record I was one but if you find any post where I was wetting myself I challenge you...

It's going to happen, so not sure what your smacking?

Oh and yes that former Bison alum in Jacksonville head coach you know of the NFL is going to speak, and congratulate the success of ndsu athletics the past couple oh....4 years or so.

And generate a few donation dollars to help pay the athletes....ggood time

Hook, line, and sinker
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Hook, line, and sinker
              What does his post have to do with fishing tackle?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
                Its all about the bison, the bison this and the bison that........ and on it goes.

Comment

Tackle . . . football?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker

RE: No Bait ?

RE: Think I'll swim the other way on this.

RE: I feel like a fish out of water

The art of 'tweeting' or staying relevant, one or the other

Comment

A belated apology to tj, you seem like a good person (not knowing your gender). I just got a kick of the seemingly endless over sized Big XII logos on your board that day. You folks were pumped for the prize and got what, another speaker, with roast beef and peas for $160 a table? Welcome to the club.

"The devil made me do it" And thanks Filb for giving me a pass on the smack. I'm going to my room now!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Absolutely! I also should add that while it seems to be a done deal, we may not hear about it officially until sometime in March.
                        Interesting twist to this big12 thing for the WWC conference. Is it a good deal? You bet it is. Is it going to happen? Yes. But the big 12 ( 4 teams ) needs us more than we need them. But, the twist is that if I understand it correctly those 4 teams will NOT be required to wrestle teams from the WWC until the conference tournament. The 4 teams from the big 12 and the WWC can schedule each other if things work out but it is NOT required like most conferences.

Really do look forward to this as the current 4 teams are all very quality teams.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                          Interesting twist to this big12 thing for the WWC conference. Is it a good deal? You bet it is. Is it going to happen? Yes. But the big 12 ( 4 teams ) needs us more than we need them. But, the twist is that if I understand it correctly those 4 teams will NOT be required to wrestle teams from the WWC until the conference tournament. The 4 teams from the big 12 and the WWC can schedule each other if things work out but it is NOT required like most conferences.

Really do look forward to this as the current 4 teams are all very quality teams.

GBGBGJ
                          I thought that would be the case, that said I would expect frequent matches with ISU, OSU and OU but probably not WVU.

Comment

OK State's coach confirms it per Dom Izzo...

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...20517717434368

OSU article...

http://www.ocolly.com/sports/article...259aa2c03.html

Comment

From what I hear, it is very unlikely that Iowa State will schedule us.

Comment

From what I hear, it is very unlikely that Iowa State will schedule us.
                                A little surprising with Bono and Reader on staff?

Comment

Working...
                                X