X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Diirector of Athletic Bands

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    This one time... at band trip...
    All I will say is those drumline parties were legit.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      All I will say is those drumline parties were legit.
      What happens at band trip, stays at band trip. Unless someone gets arrested.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        What happens at band trip, stays at band trip. Unless someone gets arrested.
        Sort of like what happens Vegas stays in Vegas. I get it.

Comment

I have enjoyed Hobo Day when the alumni band is back. They always seem to be more into the game than the student band. And they are the keepers of some of the Pride traditions that have been lost in recent years. I'd say anything that can be done to bring back some of those traditions is great. I will say this about the pep band: It has been a stale, boring part of basketball gameday for years. They need to take a cue from some of the really good Summit bands (ORU, for example) and liven things up.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I have enjoyed Hobo Day when the alumni band is back. They always seem to be more into the game than the student band. And they are the keepers of some of the Pride traditions that have been lost in recent years. I'd say anything that can be done to bring back some of those traditions is great. I will say this about the pep band: It has been a stale, boring part of basketball gameday for years. They need to take a cue from some of the really good Summit bands (ORU, for example) and liven things up.
            During the first Summit Tourney I was amazed at the disparity between our band and bands from ORU, Oakland, IPFW and even NDSU. I thought for sure we'd see some changes by the next year. But here we are years later and still get hang on sloopy and workin in a coal mine. Not that there is anything wrong with those songs but they shouldn't be in the hard rotation any more.

Change is good!
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

The pep band can be a little less spectacular than some other that have less crowd involvement. Often times the pep band has been the cheerleaders and pep band for the teams in Sioux Falls. I can also remember that there was criticism about the behavior of the Oakland band members at the Summit Tournament. It seems by the numbers attending home games at some of those schools is small according to the reporting(except the inflated ORU numbers). The jackrabbit band can count on the fans to create some excitement. There may be some changes down the road since Kool(sp) might be retiring according to the halftime ceremony against the Bison. I do know that the few games where the band is not present, there is a big hole in the game day experience. Next year we will see what new blood does for the pep band presence.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                During the first Summit Tourney I was amazed at the disparity between our band and bands from ORU, Oakland, IPFW and even NDSU. I thought for sure we'd see some changes by the next year. But here we are years later and still get hang on sloopy and workin in a coal mine. Not that there is anything wrong with those songs but they shouldn't be in the hard rotation any more.

Change is good!
                Maybe have a battle of the bands competition with all the bands in the SLT. Give out a traveling trophy for the winner. Have the band members choose (each band with same number of votes), can't vote for yourself, prior to the tournament.The "winner" will get mentioned each time they play for a game.(lots of notoriety, acknowledgment given)Should help with enthusiasm and better material selection they play .Music lovers should have fun with the Tournament too!
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Maybe have a battle of the bands competition with all the bands in the SLT. Give out a traveling trophy for the winner. Have the band members choose (each band with same number of votes), can't vote for yourself, prior to the tournament.The "winner" will get mentioned each time they play for a game.(lots of notoriety, acknowledgment given)Should help with enthusiasm and better material selection they play .Music lovers should have fun with the Tournament too!
                  Me and my group of friends have always thought this should be done as well. UMKC had the inside track back in the day if based on musicality and talent.

Comment

New Diirector of Athletic Bands

Can our new band play this? Please.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqG4oSfQYIY
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Can our new band play this? Please.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqG4oSfQYIY
                      I always liked Rage Against the Machine. The Battle of Los Angeles is one of the best rock albums of all time. I can listen to from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                      X