2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruits

Louden Volbrect a 6'9 300 pound center out of Illinois has been offered by Nagy (numerous mentions on twitter), his 4th D-1 bball offer. Also holds an offer from Illinois and Bowling Green as a tackle in football

Other bball offers are from Northern Illinois, Western Illinois, and Northern Kentucky.

No real mention on which sport he is preferring to play at the college level.

Comment

Steffon Mitchell was just offered by Witchita State. He's likely gone now too.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Steffon Mitchell was just offered by Witchita State. He's likely gone now too.
        Crap. I have been following his recruitment via Ryan James' twitter and I thought we'd still have a shot at him with the current teams that offered, but Wichita State offering probably ixnays that.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by IowaRabbit View Post
          Ryan Kriener now attends Spirit Lake High School. Watched him play LeMars in Spirit Lake. Unfortunately, both he and LeMars' post player spent a lot of time on the pine with early fouls. I guess I didn't get a good feel either way. He's 6'9". When he was in he made a lot of 2' shots over 6'4" defender. I wish he would have played more.
          That just seemed to be a game where the officials were going to keep control early and had the 2 big guys sitting down 4 minutes in.
          I see where Kriener was offered by Wichita State and Missouri last week.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            I see where Kriener was offered by Wichita State and Missouri last week.
            Ryan Kriener committed to Iowa.

Comment

Aaron Cook, at 6'1 PG out of Westminster Christian (St. Louis, MO) has received an offer from the Jacks.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/aaron-cook

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

This is a little ahead of the 2016 class, but SDSU has offered 2018 6'5" Cole Bergan from Aberdeen. He also has offers from NDSU and UND.
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Jordan Bohannon, 6'0" PG; Marion, IA: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ohannon-163234
                  Gives verbal to Iowa

Trevor Anderson, 6'1" PG; Stevens Point, WI: http://sports.yahoo.com/bwi/basketba...nderson-150941
                  Gives verbal to Green Bay

Comment

Tristan Simpson reportedly was on a visit this weekend he attended the football game and stayed over night. My source tells me that he is going to USD for his visit next weekend and has narrowed his choices to SDSU and USD.
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                      Tristan Simpson reportedly was on a visit this weekend he attended the football game and stayed over night. My source tells me that he is going to USD for his visit next weekend and has narrowed his choices to SDSU and USD.
                      Be very interesting to see which of the Dakota Schools Tristan chooses. In the past we did not lost many of these battles, but now with USD boasting a new arena, coaching staff and eligible for post season tournament they are very formidable on the recruiting scene.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Be very interesting to see which of the Dakota Schools Tristan chooses. In the past we did not lost many of these battles, but now with USD boasting a new arena, coaching staff and eligible for post season tournament they are very formidable on the recruiting scene.
                        Right now Tristan Simpson is pondering both schools thinking "Let's see...I can go to USD and get an extra 4Gs cash money each year for a total of 16Gs or 20Gs, if I red-shirt, over the course of my career. This is an easy choice - I wanna be a Coyote."

Why we are waiting to make this announcement is beyond me and it is extremely frustrating. It puts our coaches in a really tough spot right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Right now Tristan Simpson is pondering both schools thinking "Let's see...I can go to USD and get an extra 4Gs cash money each year for a total of 16Gs or 20Gs, if I red-shirt, over the course of my career. This is an easy choice - I wanna be a Coyote."

Why we are waiting to make this announcement is beyond me and it is extremely frustrating. It puts our coaches in a really tough spot right now.
                          Did I miss USD announcing they were providing full cost of attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Did I miss USD announcing they were providing full cost of attendance?
                            Yes you did.
                            http://www.goyotes.com/news/2015/9/4...904155838.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

I was told a couple of months ago that the 2 basketball programs were going to offer FCOA and the money was already in place.What I don't know is if the 3 Dakota schools offering it in all sports caught our athletic dept. by surprise and are trying to raise the funds for the other sports or not. Either way, i would think our basketball coaches should be offering it to recruits now.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                I was told a couple of months ago that the 2 basketball programs were going to offer FCOA and the money was already in place.What I don't know is if the 3 Dakota schools offering it in all sports caught our athletic dept. by surprise and are trying to raise the funds for the other sports or not. Either way, i would think our basketball coaches should be offering it to recruits now.
                                This is what I have gathered.

Comment

Working...
                                X