2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

I thought it was interesting when I looked at his verbal commits page the other day we were his only listed offer. Maybe verbal commits was not completely accurate.

With him playing on the prep circuit, having teammates who were higher level recruits plus the number of D-1 schools in the Northeast I would have thought he would have garnered a few offers from that locale alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I get what you're saying (I like the 2017 area players as well), but I really like what I see from this kid's highlights. Tall, attacks the rim, nice handles, has vision, and has a variety of ways to finish near the rim. Gave me flash backs of some obscure player the Jackrabbits used to have from St. Cloud.

Maybe the best part is he can play the 1, 2, or 3 with this height and ball handling.
      He kind of reminds me of Keaton, which is a compliment.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I don't think the officials are very high on our recruiting list.
        Yeah, I'd imagine Happyfeet McGee isn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Not super important/relevant (sorry JackJD/filbert), but the big kid holding the ball at the 0:32 mark is hilarious. Travels at least 3-4 times, maybe more. Some top notch officiating going on there.
          You're still upset about being asked to keep a thread on topic (relates back to congratulatory thread on Augustana's national championship run)?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            You're still upset about being asked to keep a thread on topic (relates back to congratulatory thread on Augustana's national championship run)?
            Sorry. I was 100% (1000%) joking. And, to be clear, I wasn't even genuinely "upset" in the thread you're discussing, just working through a rational conversation about it and reaching a reasonable conclusion (which I feel like we both accomplished in that thread), so saying I'm "still upset" is a bit of a mischaracterization. I rarely, if ever, post on here in an attempt to be truly or spitefully antagonistic. I mostly just enjoy good conversation/debate and try to post with logical, level-headed responses to things, with an occasional joke thrown in. I apologize if my [failed] attempt at humor was lost on you in this situation, but it was sincerely meant as a lighthearted joke, not an antagonistic comment or jab. If it felt that way, I clearly worded it poorly or should've included a smiley face of some sort to indicate it was a joke and not an insult resulting from being "upset."

Is that fair? I'm trying here.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I think you're spot on despite his attempt at rationalization. I find it interesting when fans/boosters for other programs find their way to another fan bases forum and try to extoll the virtues of their team. Stick with your team and your forum. I suppose others enjoy the change in topic and even like the antagonism.

Glad I'm not a moderator.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I think you're spot on despite his attempt at rationalization. I find it interesting when fans/boosters for other programs find their way to another fan bases forum and try to extoll the virtues of their team. Stick with your team and your forum. I suppose others enjoy the change in topic and even like the antagonism.

Glad I'm not a moderator.
                The situation JackJD mentioned involved a conversation about Augustana in a thread about Augustana playing for the National Championship which happened to be a thread that an SDSU poster (not I and not some other Augie fan) started. Which, by the way, is also a thread that has 3,000 more views than the next highest view-counted thread in that section of the message board, so clearly other people took an interest in the conversation too, even if not everyone on here expressed said interest with affirmative posts.

Sorry that I enjoy the conversations when my alma mater comes up, the same way some SDSU fans enjoy going over and chiming in on SDSU-related things on the NDSU/USD forums. Sure, it's not for everybody, but some fans simply enjoy the discussions, especially when they're engaging in a different type of conversation than they do on their home board/forum. But I'm finally beginning to understand that my mindset in that regard is one that's less than welcome here on SDSUFans.com, which I consider unfortunate, but I seem to be alone on an island in that way of thinking.

For the record, as I've mentioned in the past, "Stick with your team and your forum" is such a xenophobic, conversation-shunning mindset to have in a public discussion forum. But since that seems to be the general theme I've been reminded of more than once in response to my comments on here, it probably makes sense for me to refrain from chiming in on here as regularly as I've enjoyed doing in the past.

The funniest thing to me about this is that I didn't even bring up Augie in my earlier comment on this thread, just pointed out the dude shuffling his feet all over and it still led to this, which is some pretty substantial thread drift. I'll try harder to stay out of your hair from here on out, JackJD. Sorry for being so disruptive.

Comment

This is fun
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Hey Mr Augustana, get out! We have quite enough fans at SDSU, we aren't interested in finding some more. Especially if they are in the Sioux Falls area. I bet you didn't even go to SDSU. Take your interest in SDSU athletics elsewhere! If you want to follow a DI sports team, might I suggest USD, NDSU, Nebraska, Minnesota, or Iowa? Buy some of their gear at Scheels, to to a few of their games, maybe attend their conference tournament. Get the message, our tent is full!!!

PS: I did not notice the guy shuffling his feet the first time through, and appreciated you pointing it out. It made me chuckle on a Friday. Don't know why anyone would be upset by you mentioning it.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      The situation JackJD mentioned involved a conversation about Augustana in a thread about Augustana playing for the National Championship which happened to be a thread that an SDSU poster (not I and not some other Augie fan) started. Which, by the way, is also a thread that has 3,000 more views than the next highest view-counted thread in that section of the message board, so clearly other people took an interest in the conversation too, even if not everyone on here expressed said interest with affirmative posts.

Sorry that I enjoy the conversations when my alma mater comes up, the same way some SDSU fans enjoy going over and chiming in on SDSU-related things on the NDSU/USD forums. Sure, it's not for everybody, but some fans simply enjoy the discussions, especially when they're engaging in a different type of conversation than they do on their home board/forum. But I'm finally beginning to understand that my mindset in that regard is one that's less than welcome here on SDSUFans.com, which I consider unfortunate, but I seem to be alone on an island in that way of thinking.

For the record, as I've mentioned in the past, "Stick with your team and your forum" is such a xenophobic, conversation-shunning mindset to have in a public discussion forum. But since that seems to be the general theme I've been reminded of more than once in response to my comments on here, it probably makes sense for me to refrain from chiming in on here as regularly as I've enjoyed doing in the past.

The funniest thing to me about this is that I didn't even bring up Augie in my earlier comment on this thread, just pointed out the dude shuffling his feet all over and it still led to this, which is some pretty substantial thread drift. I'll try harder to stay out of your hair from here on out, JackJD. Sorry for being so disruptive.
                      Hey, just my opinion. Not a right or wrong situation. You're welcome here, it's an open forum.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I welcome MrAugustana. It can be good to have honest perspectives from outsiders around here from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          I welcome MrAugustana. It can be good to have honest perspectives from outsiders around here from time to time.
                          No doubt. Fair amount of THICK blue and yellow glasses around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            Hey Mr Augustana, get out! We have quite enough fans at SDSU, we aren't interested in finding some more. Especially if they are in the Sioux Falls area. I bet you didn't even go to SDSU. Take your interest in SDSU athletics elsewhere! If you want to follow a DI sports team, might I suggest USD, NDSU, Nebraska, Minnesota, or Iowa? Buy some of their gear at Scheels, to to a few of their games, maybe attend their conference tournament. Get the message, our tent is full!!!

PS: I did not notice the guy shuffling his feet the first time through, and appreciated you pointing it out. It made me chuckle on a Friday. Don't know why anyone would be upset by you mentioning it.

Hope this is tongue in cheek. I like Mr. Augustana chiming in and he usually has some interesting perspective. And everyone should aspire to D-I

Comment

That's not run Mr. Augustana off, who knows his real identity might be President Oliver. When studying recruiting tapes I bet coaches notice a bunch of bad officiating and if their prospect is the guilty offender, then they got sometime to work on, given this recruits shines in other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                As long as he leaves his carrots at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X