2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

So let me give this dead horse one more wallup!

I agree with a few of you that some years Nagy didn't use as much depth. Most of those it simply wasn't there. When he had it he used it and the results spoke for themselves.

That era is closed and a new one has begun. Going to be another fun ride!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...sdsu/84444836/
      necessary if the Jacks want to win in Otzelberger’s first season. And the coaching change made this a unique situation – don't expect the Jacks to suddenly become the Summit League’s Transfer U., and abandon their investment in high school recruits (as the early offer to Trevor Hanson illustrates).
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...sdsu/84444836/
        necessary if the Jacks want to win in Otzelberger’s first season. And the coaching change made this a unique situation – don't expect the Jacks to suddenly become the Summit League’s Transfer U., and abandon their investment in high school recruits (as the early offer to Trevor Hanson illustrates).
        Great article. A good get-to-know-you with all of the new guys (other than Sarich, I guess). I was particularly interested in the section on Orris. Seems like he might be more than just added depth at the guard position.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

For several reasons it will be a fun year to get out to watch the Jacks early in the season. New coach, new staff, new players, new style of play, fresh start for existing players.
          Let's just hope that a lot if wins come with it, and this program will not miss a beat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Great article. A good get-to-know-you with all of the new guys (other than Sarich, I guess). I was particularly interested in the section on Orris. Seems like he might be more than just added depth at the guard position.
            Agreed. I think he could very well start. TJ isn't going to bring in a grad transfer for 1 year with the intention of burying him on the bench for depth only. I'm gonna head over to the Future Rosters thread and predict my sure to be wrong starting line-up. Is it basketball season yet?
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Looks like we just got a commitment from Chris Howell, a 6'5" SF out of Butler Community College (KS) according to Mark Miller.

Looks like he only played 1 game last year as a sophomore before, what I assume, must have been an injury.

Howell's stats as a freshman according to NJCAA.org were as follows: 11.8 PTS/G, 56.7 FG%, 26.7 3PT%, 73.2 FT%, 6.8 RPG, 2.2 APG
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Looks like we just got a commitment from Chris Howell, a 6'5" SF out of Butler Community College (KS) according to Mark Miller.

Looks like he only played 1 game last year as a sophomore before, what I assume, must have been an injury.

Howell's stats as a freshman according to NJCAA.org were as follows: 11.8 PTS/G, 56.7 FG%, 26.7 3PT%, 73.2 FT%, 6.8 RPG, 2.2 APG
                So if the same injury waiver rules apply to a JUCO season as with the NCAA regulations, he could have three seasons of eligibility with the Jacks ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  So if the same injury waiver rules apply to a JUCO season as with the NCAA regulations, he could have three seasons of eligibility with the Jacks ?
                  I'd assume so being that the NJCAA is affiliated with the NCAA, but I'm not 100% on how it would work with an injury while in the JuCo ranks. I know there are redshirts in JuCo so it seems logical that there would be medical redshirts.

Of course, this is assuming that he was injured, though it seems likely even though I couldn't find anything to verify it.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    He comes to SDSU with two years of eligibility.

He is going to be a stud for SDSU ... Ben Walker brought him to Brookings. The Jacks just got more athletic and become a matchup nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

He is going to be a stud for SDSU ... Ben Walker brought him to Brookings. The Jacks just got more athletic and become a matchup nightmare!
                      I just got some chills from that post! Hope you're right wcbsas!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Nagy's departure has thrown me for a loop, I had to go to GOJACKS to confirm that Ben Walker was now a assistant at SDSU and his bio indicates he once coached at Butler Community College. So new coaches and new connections. This is going to work in terms of recruiting and a winning record.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 06-07-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          I just got some chills from that post! Hope you're right wcbsas!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Marquette University coaches are pissed because they did not know he was available. If he was, his hometown school would've swooped in and tried to get him to their school (especially with as many departures Marquette had this past season). Point being, is it is good to get guys that other schools want. This kid was wanted!

Comment

Of course there is no telling how all these new players will work as a team, but it sure looks like 2016/17 could be a lot more than a rebuilding year. There will certainly be some fierce competition (and apparently depth) at the 2/3/4 positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Of course there is no telling how all these new players will work as a team, but it sure looks like 2016/17 could be a lot more than a rebuilding year. There will certainly be some fierce competition (and apparently depth) at the 2/3/4 positions.

I think your post is interesting. You are spot on with it first off. The part that is intriguing is when you mention it being more of a rebuilding year. I agree but maybe reword it a little bit. In fact, with the success of the last five years we should be looking at it as reloading. People know what is going on here at SDSU. Recruits certainly do and if they don't we've got a strong crew getting the word out there. The fact that we have a solid crew coming back but also need to replace a strong senior class means there is a lot of playing time up for grabs. That is a great thing.

The next step for this program is to make the jump into the elite class of mid-major programs with the likes of Gonzaga, Wichita State, St. Mary's and others. It is really a possibility. Our conference is strong. SDSU is really flying high as a school in almost all areas. We have a solid tradition in basketball and more importantly have been consistently good for last six years. Having the conference tournament in our back yard is another factor. Now, we need to start winning more games against quality opponents in the regular season. The biggest step is to make a run in the NCAA Tournament. That is the toughest nut to crack.

If we can do it. It would transform the program again. We would have a better chance of scheduling quality opponents to come to Frost Arena which has been impossible because it is now looked at as a bad loss when you come here. That is changing though.

As a basketball fan, that is what gets me all geeked up about SDSU basketball. The future is very bright. So, let's RELOAD and do this!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Was his only playing one game this last season injury related ? If it was, why wouldn't he be able to apply for an extra year of eligibility ?

Comment

Working...
                                X