GDT: SDSU vs Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Denver

Denver is having trouble on the road in the Summit. It is a great day to continue that trend. The Jackrabbits were handled in Denver. The rebounding was not great for SDSU and the Pioneers shot over 54%. I would guess the defense will be better at Frost. The limited possessions in a game with Denver cannot allow the Pioneers to have 54% shooting. The Jackrabbits shot 45% in that game. A few more offensive rebounds will be needed. Denver outrebounded in the first game 28-26. The Pork Classic Day and the doubleheader should help bring more fans to the game. Over 3500 fans would make some great noise to keep the Pioneers winless on the road in the Summit. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU vs Denver

Sad! A fellow poster sold me some nice seats for this game on the same day that I learned my son has influenza. Looks like I'll be watching on TV again. At least my Dad and brother can use the tickets.

Denver slows the game down. Less possessions for each team. I'm expecting a closer game than we seen at frost recently. If the Jacks get another 15+ point win I'll be really impressed.

Comment

Denver leads 11-10 at with 14:34 left in the first half. Denver is 3 - 3 from deep.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Tied at 13 at the under 12 media timeout.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Larson now top 10 all time in blocks with 65
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

19-13 Jacks with 7:55 to go in the 1st.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Another game, another set of scorers stepping up. Tonight it's Marshall and Telly so far. Jacks up 19-13 with 7:20 to go.

Comment

Jacks up 9 at halftime. 32-23.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

No letdown by the SDSU defense. Only 23 first half points for Denver. Denver had way more turnovers than normal and even multiple shot clock violations. SDSU rebounding was pretty good too. Keep feeding Larson and continue the defensive pressure and this could be another typical Frost win.

Comment

Free throw shooting and a couple of dumb turnovers early on are about the only complaints I have.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Defensive dominance continues. Denver scores just 11 points in first 11 minutes of second half. Jacks build a 20 point lead. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass is not going to produce a miraculous Denver comeback. They better start chucking it up quick.

Comment

This team is just rolling.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          This team is just rolling.
                          No kidding. 30 point lead. I knew they were good, but this is surprising.

Comment

Final: SDSU 69, Denver 39.

Jacks shoot 60%, +7 on the glass.

Marshall with 20, Parks with 13, Larson with 12.

Denver shot 33% overall and had 16 turnovers.

Jacks have a big road trip at IPFW and IUPUI next week. IPFW has won 3 straight since losing by 29 in Brookings.

This Denver team should have beaten NDSU the other night. I'm really starting to think the Jacks are the class of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Final: SDSU 69, Denver 39.

Jacks shoot 60%, +7 on the glass.

Marshall with 20, Parks with 13, Larson with 12.

Denver shot 33% overall and had 16 turnovers.

Jacks have a big road trip at IPFW and IUPUI next week. IPFW has won 3 straight since losing by 29 in Brookings.

This Denver team should have beaten NDSU the other night. I'm really starting to think the Jacks are the class of the league.
                              I'm right there with ya. I started the year pretty skeptical how good this team would be. They have made me a believer. They have everything, especially defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X