SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks

18 days after the Jackrabbits beat Omaha by 19 at their place the Mavericks come to Brookings. CJ Carter only shot 2-13 in Omaha and 6 pts. He has been 34-50 and 87 points in the 3 games since. He might be the key to the Omaha offense. Last year the Mavs stunned the Jackrabbits in Brookings 80-71. Expect the Jackrabbits to remember the thumping Jackrabbits to win by 9. Go Jacks!!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks

Right now the line is -11 for the Jacks. With they way SDSU has been playing at home lately it should be near another 20 point win imo. Carter put up 45 point against IUPUI and the Mavs still lost. We will see if Carter can continue his hot shooting on the road.

Comment

Omaha came in and shot the lights out at Frost last year. That loss knocked the Jacks down from #2 to #3 in the standing and cost them a bye in Sioux Falls. I hope they keep Carter from getting hot tonight.

Comment

Omaha's main problems are that they don't play defense and they never play as a team on offense. I expect the Jacks to put up 80+ points and hold the Mavericks under 70. Let's put the over-under on ill-advised shots by the Mavs at 20. I'll take over.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

20?! I'll take under.

Comment

The Rabbits have covered the spread in seven straight and 10 of the last 11. The line I saw this morning was SDSU -9. Keep on covering and winning!

On a side note the Rabbits showed up for the first time this season in Jerry Palm's Bracketology. #15 seed vs. Kansas in Omaha.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I hope the jackrabbits winning ways continue. I will be there tonight.

Comment

Rostampour will be a physical player for the Mavs. Thurman is a 6'7" freshman who has been collecting some blocks this season and 8 points per outing. Tyus and Carter will be the blurs running the floor and getting over 45% of the points. Patterson is the other guard who averages 4.5 assists per game and 8 points. Wichita St. transfer 6'8" Jake White comes off the bench for about 15 minutes per game. Hopefully the Jackrabbits repeat the formula that worked in Omaha. Go Jacks!!
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                  20?! I'll take under.
                  I'll agree, that's a bit of hyperbole, but their game plan in Omaha was: Inbound the ball, dribble a lot, one pass, ill-advised shot, then go back and don't play defense or rebound.

They have amazing athletes but I have to question their coach's approach. Defense and rebounding are, to say the least, not their focus. They need to score a lot to win games. When they start missing shots, they fall into bad habits of playing faster and dumber.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Over 2000

Comment

Jacks not getting "home cooking" calls (that they seem to be working a bit too hard for) but lead 10-9 at the under-16 timeout.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks not trying so hard any more, just playing hard. 17-9, 12:47 first half.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If Parks really starts heating up from 3, Jacks could be nasty.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This is one of the best teams on both ends of the court. Fun to watch
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I didn't think he was allowed to shoot 3s?
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X