Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV taking job at Sanford Health

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I think TV leaving sucks and I don't like it one bit. He's being selfish and I won't stand for it. I demand an investigation and tampering charges against Sanford.

I hope they work him to within a thread of his sanity and that he comes running back to the Jackrabbit beat.

This is no good, no good at all.

I hope the Argus finds somebody better than TV, the Jackrabbits deserve it. (yes I am being facetious, best of luck to a more than well-deserving and above average human being)

I'm waiting for a call from the Argus editors seeking my opinion about replacements. I was thinking Pedro Gomez from Phoenix, AZ. I use to read his stuff in the Arizona Republic when we lived in Scottsdale. Hopefully they have already contacted him.
    Answer to your comments:
    Tampering: Probably
    Working him to his thread of sanity: YES
    No good at all: No good for Jacks; Great for ME
    Pedro Gomez: Has a connection through Nick Farina, FB player on Jacks Roster. So why not.

Comment

One name I would mention for replacement, if he is still even interested in sports reporting, would be recent grad Marcus Traxler. He was a sports writer and editor for the Collegian and produced alot of good game day coverage and content during his years here, he worked himself pretty high up the food chain during his time at the Collegian. He has been a reporter for the Mitchell Daily Republic for the last year or so. He would definitely still need some grooming but he appears to be a very motivated reporter which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        One name I would mention for replacement, if he is still even interested in sports reporting, would be recent grad Marcus Traxler. He was a sports writer and editor for the Collegian and produced alot of good game day coverage and content during his years here, he worked himself pretty high up the food chain during his time at the Collegian. He has been a reporter for the Mitchell Daily Republic for the last year or so. He would definitely still need some grooming but he appears to be a very motivated reporter which is a good thing.
        I followed Marcus on a few game chats. He seemed to be of the TV mold. I can't imagine he will not apply.

Comment

Terry V comes from a Bison family. Good Reporter.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
            Terry V comes from a Bison family. Good Reporter.
            We buried that character flaw a long, long, long time ago. Please don't ever bring it up again. I say its grounds for a permanent ban.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              We buried that character flaw a long, long, long time ago. Please don't ever bring it up again. I say its grounds for a permanent ban.
              Sucks for the conference as a whole. Him and Kolpack/Izzo cover FCS like a Big 10 team.
              O well if NDSU was able to replace Ed Schultz surely SDSU can replace Terry V.

Comment

Let's all be prepared for the coverage of SDSU athletics by the Argus to take a turn in the wrong direction. That's a testament to Terry V. He's set the bar so high that I don't expect his replacement to completely fill his shoes. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

Maybe the dude from the Sports Block will take over? That was awful.

I liked Traxler's stuff but it'd be hard for a recent State grad to be objective right?
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

There is no question that the coverage will go down. But how far?

Being selfish right now but I wish TV would have waited till basketball season was over to take the job at Sanford. He probably couldn't have waited though. I just wonder what the coverage will be like now during the Summit League Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Maybe the dude from the Sports Block will take over? That was awful.

I liked Traxler's stuff but it'd be hard for a recent State grad to be objective right?
                      I think it would be and that is an issue. The guys that cover the coyotes for the Yankton paper are good guys but they are coyote fans and it definitely influences how they report. That is a problem in my opinion.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Terry was pretty unhappy with the changes made in the past months at the Argus, and so I am happy that he found a job that I am sure will be better for him and his family (less travel...and lots of night work on a morning daily). I am sure that there will be some good applicants for the position, but less sure of what will happen right now at the Argus with his departure. And as has been expessed here...it was TV's entrepreneurial reporting (he worked hard coming up with all kinds of ideas and his social media efforts were great) that made him stand out...and that is going to be hard to duplicate.

Comment

Sanford's gain is our loss.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            Sanford's gain is our loss.
                            Right on. Have not heard many details on his new work, but suspect it involves media and not bed pans.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Right on. Have not heard many details on his new work, but suspect it involves media and not bed pans.
                              It is a new position that deals in marketing for North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                It is a new position that deals in marketing for North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota.
                                ...related to Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.

Comment

Working...
                                X