TV taking job at Sanford Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV taking job at Sanford Health

Terry has resigned his position from argus effective at end of month.

Re: TV taking job at Sanford Health

Good for him. Wish him well

Comment

Great for TV and his family. I wish him the best.

His coverage was above and beyond anyone else in sports media in this state. His professionalism will be missed.

Congrats, TV.

Comment

Hopefully this will be better for his family life. Less travel, perhaps. Anyway, we'll be lucky to have someone half as good covering the Jacks going forward.

Comment

I hope we can find a capable replacement, but good luck to Terry. What a hard working guy. He will be missed.

Comment

This could be a large gap in Jackrabbit coverage in the near future. Congratulations TV in the next phase of your life.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Wonder if they promote Matt Zimmer. I always enjoyed his blog when they didn't limit the number of online articles.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Wonder if they promote Matt Zimmer. I always enjoyed his blog when they didn't limit the number of online articles.
                I love Zimmer's stuff too. Not sure if he's motivated enough for my liking but he sure is entertaining. We're going to miss TV. Jackrabbit Fans were spoiled.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I will cast my vote for Zimmer. He's more of a "fan" type of reporter and wouldn't be afraid to ask the really tough questions. I've particularly enjoyed his coverage of the Twins.

Best of luck to Terry. Gotta do what's best for you and your family.

Comment

Would it be a promotion or were they more equal in terms of work but SDSU brings more coverage and fan interest? I felt Zim would probably be it. tough for hiring a newb to start in the middle of confrence play and summit tourny.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good for him. Probably of a lot of extra perks with this job. I always feared this day, I think he was a big part of improving the culture of SDSU just for all the content he gave fans. Stuff we never had before and the quality and quantity. We owe him a big thanks. Who ever takes over has big shoes to fill for sure. The bar has been set.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Glad Terry is staying in the area. You would think this job should provide unequaled health care benefits , which is huge for the Vandrovec family.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I hope we can find a capable replacement, but good luck to Terry. What a hard working guy. He will be missed.
                          Hit the nail right on the head, Nidaros. I hope we can find a capable replacement as TV left some big shoes to fill. He went above and beyond for SDSU coverage and I can say I appreciated his hard work.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Glad Terry is staying in the area. You would think this job should provide unequaled health care benefits , which is huge for the Vandrovec family.
                            With his wife working as a teacher in the school district, they probably have better coverage then Sanford offers. Unless they have a great heath plan, most health care organizations dont offer as good of health care coverage as most think. At least that has been my experience. But there may be other benefits and plus probably fraction of the travel probably better pay....

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Would it be a promotion or were they more equal in terms of work but SDSU brings more coverage and fan interest? I felt Zim would probably be it. tough for hiring a newb to start in the middle of confrence play and summit tourny.
                              I would sure think that the SDSU beat has a lot more of following than Augie or USF. Call it a promotion or whatever you want to call it, but the more people that read his work the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X