Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Nicole Cirillo

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    874

    Default Nicole Cirillo

    The new coach was announced January 13,2015.
    Last edited by West-River_Jack; 01-16-2015 at 09:24 PM. Reason: corrected year. thanks.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hartford, SD
    Posts
    2,658

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    2014?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,944

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    2014?
    Gosh do we have to be picky? Yesterday some one nailed me for missing a first name in a post.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    874

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Oops. I fixed it.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,933

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    2014?
    Wondering if yesterday was Coach Cirillo’s last as the head volleyball coach

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,863

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bunnies View Post
    Wondering if yesterday was Coach Cirillo’s last as the head volleyball coach
    Hopefully - I was stunned she was retained for this year as her initial 3 year contract ran out this past summer. Unfortunate that the program that had the most success early in our D1 days is current in this state.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    4,770

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Hopefully - I was stunned she was retained for this year as her initial 3 year contract ran out this past summer. Unfortunate that the program that had the most success early in our D1 days is current in this state.
    I too didn't understand that. That program has been really bad with no real signs of improvement.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,944

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I too didn't understand that. That program has been really bad with no real signs of improvement.
    Its a hard one to grasp, a few wins this year could possibly saved her job. If I am reading Justin Sell at all I suspect there were problems that Nicole inherited and apparently Sell is giving her time to work it out. I really dont have a clue here. I have watched some of Cirillo videos and she seems very upbeat about her program. They have had mostly freshmen to work with so if she can retain these people then we possibly progress. The next few weeks will tell if a coaching change is made.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    2,088

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Its a hard one to grasp, a few wins this year could possibly saved her job. If I am reading Justin Sell at all I suspect there were problems that Nicole inherited and apparently Sell is giving her time to work it out. I really dont have a clue here. I have watched some of Cirillo videos and she seems very upbeat about her program. They have had mostly freshmen to work with so if she can retain these people then we possibly progress. The next few weeks will tell if a coaching change is made.
    The team seemed more competitive early in the season but was really bad the last month. I know there were issues that she inherited but she’s had some major retention issues since taking over. Her teams have been light on seniors and heavy on freshmen every year.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    8,742

    Default Re: Nicole Cirillo

    Maybe we steal usd coach offer raise etc better school to work at. They are killing it down there. And in the past it was opposite.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •