Nicole Cirillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicole Cirillo

The new coach was announced January 13,2015.
    Last edited by West-River_Jack; 01-16-2015, 08:24 PM. Reason: corrected year. thanks.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: Nicole Cirillo

2014?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      2014?
      Gosh do we have to be picky? Yesterday some one nailed me for missing a first name in a post.

Comment

Oops. I fixed it.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          2014?
          Wondering if yesterday was Coach Cirillo’s last as the head volleyball coach

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
            Wondering if yesterday was Coach Cirillo’s last as the head volleyball coach
            Hopefully - I was stunned she was retained for this year as her initial 3 year contract ran out this past summer. Unfortunate that the program that had the most success early in our D1 days is current in this state.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Hopefully - I was stunned she was retained for this year as her initial 3 year contract ran out this past summer. Unfortunate that the program that had the most success early in our D1 days is current in this state.
              I too didn't understand that. That program has been really bad with no real signs of improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                I too didn't understand that. That program has been really bad with no real signs of improvement.
                Its a hard one to grasp, a few wins this year could possibly saved her job. If I am reading Justin Sell at all I suspect there were problems that Nicole inherited and apparently Sell is giving her time to work it out. I really dont have a clue here. I have watched some of Cirillo videos and she seems very upbeat about her program. They have had mostly freshmen to work with so if she can retain these people then we possibly progress. The next few weeks will tell if a coaching change is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Its a hard one to grasp, a few wins this year could possibly saved her job. If I am reading Justin Sell at all I suspect there were problems that Nicole inherited and apparently Sell is giving her time to work it out. I really dont have a clue here. I have watched some of Cirillo videos and she seems very upbeat about her program. They have had mostly freshmen to work with so if she can retain these people then we possibly progress. The next few weeks will tell if a coaching change is made.
                  The team seemed more competitive early in the season but was really bad the last month. I know there were issues that she inherited but she’s had some major retention issues since taking over. Her teams have been light on seniors and heavy on freshmen every year.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Maybe we steal usd coach offer raise etc better school to work at. They are killing it down there. And in the past it was opposite.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

She resigned today as in no longer the coach at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        She resigned today as in no longer the coach at SDSU.
                        Probably saw the writing on the wall. Sad to see the program in this state of disarray compared to its D-2 days and early transition days.

Hopefully we get the coach who can turn it around just like softball did.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                        X