South Dakota Corn Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota Corn Showdown

The USD men come to Brookings Saturday for a big game. I thought there would be internet chatter prior to this game like an Al Quaeda cell before an attack. They have won 2 road games in conference during the early part of the race. (The yotes started 3-0 last season and then lost 4 in a row.) The yotes had a small crowd at Vermillion last night with first place on the line. Hopefully Frost will need all available seating for the Saturday afternoon game. There is a women's game in the dome, so we should not see too many red shirts since they will be filling the dome. The yote men are tied for first in the Summit and the women are half a game out of first. It appears winning does not create any general interest for the teams. Saturday is Lamb Bonanza day. That could be advertised in the Vermillion area to bring a few yotes out since all coyotes should like lamb. We should have placed the ad earlier on an I-29 billboard to remind them of the game and complimentary lamb.. It seems too quiet leading into the weekend.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: South Dakota Corn Showdown

Time to Scru da U!

Nice start for the L'il Read-Headed...... Jacks need to end that and put them back in the right place.

Time to pound the pups!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      I thought there would be internet chatter prior to this game like an Al Quaeda cell before an attack.
      Humor Failure^

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Humor Failure^
        I have always been a PC failure too.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I have always been a PC failure too.
          My wife and I have also discussed the lack of noise about the games this weekend. We cannot make either game but will be following both through all available internet and media outlets.

We listened to the SDSU men last night and had the NDSU at USD game on TV (muted, of course). I thought USD's men played well -- they deserve bigger crowds. Personally, I wanted USD to bump off the Bison and I was pleased with the result. I want the Jacks to be on top of the heap and that means those losses we suffered have to be avenged by someone!

Comment

I dont think there will be too much red in the stands Saturday in frost. Seems like most Yote fans I talk to are content to watch the women play in the dome (i personally have not decided which diection to go). In reality, both game should be close, but ill take the home teams in both contests with Cody Larson the difference maker in Brookings and Contreras in the dome. Who at the summit league office thought scheduling like this was a good idea?!

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
              Who at the summit league office thought scheduling like this was a good idea?!
              Mick said in his weekly chat he was writing on that question. Story out tomorrow.

Comment

TV said in his live chat that they are expecting 4000. I'll be dissappointed if its not over 5. Last year was 5500+. Cant believe we would lose that many fans to the womens game in Vermillion. There hasnt been that many USD fans in Frost the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  TV said in his live chat that they are expecting 4000. I'll be dissappointed if its not over 5. Last year was 5500+. Cant believe we would lose that many fans to the womens game in Vermillion. There hasnt been that many USD fans in Frost the last few years.
                  I would assume he is thinking that there will be jacks fans who goto the game in Vermillion over Brookings. It makes sense really. 2 heavy summit favorites on the womens side. plus the mens game is on Midco. I dont believe the womens game is???

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
                    I would assume he is thinking that there will be jacks fans who goto the game in Vermillion over Brookings. It makes sense really. 2 heavy summit favorites on the womens side. plus the mens game is on Midco. I dont believe the womens game is???
                    The women's game will be on the screen in Frost after 3pm.

Comment

The women's game will be on the screen in Frost after 3pm.
                      So the womens game will be over by the time the mens start. Maybe the mens game should have been at 7 so people could have gone to both if they wanted to

Comment

3-day weekend for the students.
                        Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                          3-day weekend for the students.
                          Really? They just get back from Christmas break and there is already a 3 day weekend? What so called holiday are we celebrating? I wish my work would observe all those holidays.

I would think students that go to basketball games are not going to go anywhere for the weekend since USD is coming to town. And they just had 3 weeks off. No farming, no hunting......
                          Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 01-15-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

So the womens game will be over by the time the mens start. Maybe the mens game should have been at 7 so people could have gone to both if they wanted to
                            Makes perfect sense. One game at 2 and the other at 7.

Comment

Really? They just get back from Christmas break and there is already a 3 day weekend? What so called holiday are we celebrating? I wish my work would observe all those holidays.

I would think students that go to basketball games are not going to go anywhere for the weekend since USD is coming to town. And they just had 3 weeks off. No farming, no hunting......
                              Some dude named Martin Luther King, Jr. Not sure what he did, but I'll be consulting his wikipedia page.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X