2015 Summit MBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Summit MBB

USD beats NDSU, Oral beats Omaha and Denver beats W Ill. Bison, yotes and Oral tied for first at 3-1, Jacks 3-2

Comment

USD 24 of 27 from the line, NDSU 6 of 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        USD 24 of 27 from the line, NDSU 6 of 9!
        USD much more aggressive. Good to see NDSU go down.

Annoying to see USD fans, writers and athletic dept proclaiming "first place" status. They did the same annoying thing in MVFC play in 2012 when 3-1. It's too damn early for that kind of banter.

Should be fun Saturday in Frost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Only 1,800 at USD/NDSU game. Way to support your team yote fans! It is the 1st time USD has beat NDSU since moving D1.

Comment

Standings after tonights game

NDSU 3-1
            Oral Roberts 3-1
            USD 3-1
            SDSU 3-2
            IUPUI 2-2
            Denver 2-3
            W Ill 2-3
            IPFW 1-3
            Omaha 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Only 1,800 at USD/NDSU game. Way to support your team yote fans! It is the 1st time USD has beat NDSU since moving D1.
              Was there a freak snow storm down there? We get that many for the D2 games. Sorry for the smack but that is seriously pathetic. I guess NDSU isnt an important game to their fans. They drew 1425 for Omaha. Guess Omaha isnt an important game for them ect ect. Apparently waiting for the SDSU game.

Comment

What USD reports and what USD actually has are two completely different things.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  So you think the actual attendance number was more around the 1200 mark? Or do you think that there was more than 1800? Watching the tail bit of the game, it sure looked pretty damn empty for a game against a Dakota school and reigning Summit League champs.

Comment

So you think the actual attendance number was more around the 1200 mark? Or do you think that there was more than 1800? Watching the tail bit of the game, it sure looked pretty damn empty for a game against a Dakota school and reigning Summit League champs.
                    It was a school night after all. Got to keep those grades up.

Comment

I've always wondered what schools go be people that show up for the game and what schools go by the number of tickets sold. The Arena was never empty but some times I wonder how attendance is calculated at the Summit League Tournament, too.

Comment

I have to admit I was definitely hoping USD would get the win last night. NDSU has skated by on home games and extremely close wins long enough. It looked like USD might hand them another one with about 1:00 left last night. Good FT shooting paid off in the end.

The Summit race tightened up last night. Fort Wayne and Omaha (both of whom have two early losses at home) are probably the only teams that you could write off for title contention at this point.

Wins at home and a split on the road should still get you a shot at the title.

Teams with road wins:
                        USD 2
                        NDSU 1
                        ORU 1
                        SDSU 1
                        IUPUI 1
                        Omaha 1

Team with home losses:
                        FW 2
                        Omaha 2
                        USD 1
                        Denver 1
                        WIU 1

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I've always wondered what schools go be people that show up for the game and what schools go by the number of tickets sold. The Arena was never empty but some times I wonder how attendance is calculated at the Summit League Tournament, too.
                          They must do the actual butts in the seats. The attendance for the Saturday afternoon womens game last year was around 2100, according to the box score. Had they counted all of the all session tickets, it would have been a lot more than that

Comment

The games are counted in pairs during each session as well. There could be people at one or the other game that totals for the session.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I honestly couldn't say without being there, but I have been to USD games within the last couple years that had no more than 500 people in the building and they reported over 1,000. I think it is safe to say that USD reports their season ticket holders regardless of them actually attending, so if the season ticket base was at least excited for the NDSU game the actual numbers could be closer to what was reported.

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              I know SDSU is one of the few schools that reports actual people rather than paid attendance. I think this is the most honest way to do it, but it can make us look bad or others look better compared to us when it simply isn't true.

I don't want to go into it too much, but one school's paid attendance isn't equal to another school's paid attendance, either. Some just count the actual season ticket holders regardless; Some count students regardless; Some dole out lots of corporate tickets and count them. The fact is, there really isn't a uniform way of doing it and some fudge the books more than others.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

I honestly couldn't say without being there, but I have been to USD games within the last couple years that had no more than 500 people in the building and they reported over 1,000. I think it is safe to say that USD reports their season ticket holders regardless of them actually attending, so if the season ticket base was at least excited for the NDSU game the actual numbers could be closer to what was reported.

I know SDSU is one of the few schools that reports actual people rather than paid attendance. I think this is the most honest way to do it, but it can make us look bad or others look better compared to us when it simply isn't true.

I don't want to go into it too much, but one school's paid attendance isn't equal to another school's paid attendance, either. Some just count the actual season ticket holders regardless; Some count students regardless; Some dole out lots of corporate tickets and count them. The fact is, there really isn't a uniform way of doing it and some fudge the books more than others.
                                Good points.

For a good indication of fan support take a look at gate receipts in the annual BOR athletic report. If I recall correctly, SDSU has more than all the other universities combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X