Clear All

Re: 2015 Summit MBB

MBB NDSU at UNO tipping off on ESPN 3!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      MBB NDSU at UNO tipping off on ESPN 3!
      Also on Midco
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

IPFW finds the first win in conference, 69-53 over Denver.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bison 34 - Mavs 27 - Halftime.

Comment

I can see how omaha is going to be a fairly unpredictable team. They are in a big hurry to get a shot off. If they get in a rhythm they are going to pile up points quickly (see the second half at USD last week). When they are off they are going to be way off. Marshall and the other SDSU guards need to have a good defensive game Saturday.

Comment

NDSU 75 Omaha 72. Real close one.

Comment

If you can watch more than 1 game at a time, here is the link to free TV coverage from IUPUI vs Denver.
                The lead in commercial is quite different as well.
                http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

IUPUI 20 Denver 13 at halftime.

Comment

Talk about an ugly game. It's almost unwatchable. IUPUI leading Denver 20-13 at the half.

Comment

Denver @ IUPUI - tied at 40 with 4:30 to go. Good finish coming in this one. So far this season IUPUI has shown that they won't be the easy-out they've been the past couple years.

Comment

IUPUI holds on and beats Denver at home 51-49. Denver falls to 1-3 in the conference with their lone win coming against the Jacks. Maybe SDSU caught DU on a good day? They have not looked good their past 3 games. IUPUI is a surprising 2-1 so far in conference with their only loss at ORU by 8.

Comment

Yotes over IPFW 64-62

Comment

Will we get some clarity in the Summit race tonight or more confusion?

The game of the day has to be NDSU at USD. Will NDSU pick up a second road win and sit alone at the top with a 4-0 record? Will USD finally protect their home floor against the Bison? NDSU has won it's three conference games by a total of 12 points. Very fortunate. USD already has two road wins, but lost to a marginal Omaha team at home. My guess is that USD gets the win tonight, but I would not want to put money on it. This game is on Midco and I'm looking forward to watching it while watching the Jacks.

If IUPUI can win in Brookings, they would have to be considered legit contenders. They already won at FW and lost in OT to ORU on the road. SDSU needs to avoid an early loss at home, which would really dial up the pressure going forward.

ORU gets Omaha at home, a game they probably need to win if they want a decent shot at the title. Omaha will be in a free-fall if they lose again tonight. I still think Omaha is a little better than their record. SDSU is the only team that beat them handily.

WIU goes to Denver. Which WIU team will show up? Which Denver team will show up? I still have no idea where either of these two will finish. I think a Denver loss tonight would already lock them in to a mid/lower level finish. Two early losses at home would be very hard to overcome.

Comment

ESPN 3 has NDSU-USD and UNO-ORU tonight, both at 7 also. Grandpa may have to stay up late to watch the replays!

Love ESPN 3 BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                Will we get some clarity in the Summit race tonight or more confusion?

The game of the day has to be NDSU at USD. Will NDSU pick up a second road win and sit alone at the top with a 4-0 record? Will USD finally protect their home floor against the Bison? NDSU has won it's three conference games by a total of 12 points. Very fortunate. USD already has two road wins, but lost to a marginal Omaha team at home. My guess is that USD gets the win tonight, but I would not want to put money on it. This game is on Midco and I'm looking forward to watching it while watching the Jacks.

If IUPUI can win in Brookings, they would have to be considered legit contenders. They already won at FW and lost in OT to ORU on the road. SDSU needs to avoid an early loss at home, which would really dial up the pressure going forward.

ORU gets Omaha at home, a game they probably need to win if they want a decent shot at the title. Omaha will be in a free-fall if they lose again tonight. I still think Omaha is a little better than their record. SDSU is the only team that beat them handily.

WIU goes to Denver. Which WIU team will show up? Which Denver team will show up? I still have no idea where either of these two will finish. I think a Denver loss tonight would already lock them in to a mid/lower level finish. Two early losses at home would be very hard to overcome.
                                If the Jackrabbits are going to be considered a serious contender they have to win tonight. Losing on your home court will not equate to title contention unless you win on the road and Jacks aren't likely to do that consistently. Jackrabbits need a win tonight. I say they need to go 3-0 on this home stand.

I will be surprised if USD does not win tonight. They match-up well with NDSU and the dome is a crappy place for road teams to play. USD has a decent team and they play hard, really hard for the new coach.

Omaha is not that bad, just could not make a shot against Jacks.

Denver is decent and will be a contender in March.

No idea what to make of ORU, WIU or IPFW at this point.

IUPUI has looked really good with a different philosophy, play tough D and be more deliberate on offense. They are no Molinari WIU team but much different than they had been previously, it appears.

Go Jacks!!
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X