2015 Summit MBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

This Bison team isn't close to as talented as last year's NDSU team, Wolters team that danced or Woodside's team. Those teams were elite mid-majors but good thing for this team is the Summit doesn't have a single team close to those teams this year so they don't need to be that good.

This Bison team could be like WIU a few years ago, just a team that plays tough defense and grinds out close games. That formula got them to the finals and almost to the big dance.

Comment

The KC Star has IUPUI favored by 2 @ W.IL tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
        You are 100% missing my point. All those stats prove is it takes one dominant player and a stream of role players/ solid supporting cast to win the SL. It has been proven for the last 6 years with Woodside, Benson, Wolters & Braun. As of halfway point through this season the favorite for SL player of the year is LA if you judge by stats and record.
        i think the point some of us our making is that although those teams had a dominant players categorizing the other as role players is not accurate. I would consider dykstra and bjorklund more than just role players. IMO. Maybe it is all in semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          This Bison team isn't close to as talented as last year's NDSU team, Wolters team that danced or Woodside's team. Those teams were elite mid-majors but good thing for this team is the Summit doesn't have a single team close to those teams this year so they don't need to be that good.

This Bison team could be like WIU a few years ago, just a team that plays tough defense and grinds out close games. That formula got them to the finals and almost to the big dance.
          Bison this and Bison that.........

Comment

You can all go ahead and try to justify why we are so "lucky" or keep skating by teams all you want. Will keep collecting W's and be a dangerous out for any team in March.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              i think the point some of us our making is that although those teams had a dominant players categorizing the other as role players is not accurate. I would consider dykstra and bjorklund more than just role players. IMO. Maybe it is all in semantics.
              Agreed, There is just something unique about a team that practices in a warehouse, plays in a Junior Hockey arena 10 miles from campus & was expected by many to be less than stellar. It will make for a great story for CBS to run with.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

It's hard to argue with any of this. I think the WIU comparison is fair. That team certainly did not come into Sioux Falls with a bunch of hype yet almost knocked off possibly the best SDSU team of all time. IPFW nearly did the same to the Bison in the finals last year. Any team that can play solid defense and has the ability to close out tight games is dangerous, especially in that high-pressure tournament environment.

I've watched a lot of NDSU games and nearly every SDSU game and I'm pretty confident which team would win if they both played well. That's not always what happens, however (see the first half at NDSU last month).

Comment

It might be a bit early to say how good any of the teams are until March. The Jackrabbits are showing progress each game as new things start to evolve with players on defense and individual accomplishments. We may lack the dominant player like a Woodside or Wolters, but there are more moving parts this year.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                    You can all go ahead and try to justify why we are so "lucky" or keep skating by teams all you want. Will keep collecting W's and be a dangerous out for any team in March.
                    More than happy to see NDSU in March. Very confident the Jacks can handle them. Summit league tourney will come down to what it always comes down to, playing tough defense for 3 straight games and making big shots. I like what the Jackrabbits have, you like what the Bison have, I hope their #1 and #2 and meet on Tuesday night.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                      Quick Question: Isn't Bohl in another state now?

Signed,
                      JackMarking

Comment

It's kind of cool that both teams still control their own destiny for the #1 seed.

Comment

WIU 63 IUPUI 59 as Leathernecks protect home court tonight.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The KC Star likes the I-29 teams (all at home) today. Jacks 8 over Denver, USD 1.5 over ORU and UNO 5 over Ft Wayne.

Comment

• 2015 Summit MBB

Three interesting games. FW is heating up, but on the road - even if it is at Omaha. Is Omaha ready to throw in the towel? The USD/ORU loser will be hurting. USD has been going nowhere but down since their "first place" stint. Denver could make a huge splash with a win at Frost. The Jacks will have a chance to continue their dominance, but I don't see an easy win against that Denver defense.

Comment

Final: ORU 73, USD 72. USD blew a double digit second half lead and Tyler Larson did not get a foul call as he drove to the basket as time expired. His shot was blocked. USD has lost two games in conference play at home while holding double digit leads in the game.

ORU (12-10, 5-3), USD (10-13, 4-5)

Comment

Working...
                                X