2015 Summit MBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Kolpack just doubled down on the Yotes, he is now calling for a USD MBB/WBB sweep in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      Kolpack just doubled down on the Yotes, he is now calling for a USD MBB/WBB sweep in SF.
      Did he have a solid analyst's reason for this or is he interviewing for an Argus job?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Kolpack also picked SDSU to get that win in Fargo during FB play-offs.

Another dual SDSU title seems a reasonable bet also.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Did he have a solid analyst's reason for this or is he interviewing for an Argus job?
          Here is his Video Blog with Dom Izzo...If you want to see his take...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=92025

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            His reasoning is laughable:

South Dakota is hot winning five of its last six including a convincing win over the Jackrabbits to close the regular season. The Coyotes have six players, six, who averaged double figures in scoring in Summit League games with Tyler Larson one of the top overall players in the league in scoring and rebounding. They’re a veteran team loaded with juniors and seniors, look out for this team.

SDSU has one of its better defensive teams under Scott Nagy, but I’m not convinced there’s enough overall scoring to get through three games.

Brown’s bad knee is not a good sign for the Bison. Like a shutdown corner in football, you need a defensive stopper in tournament time and if he’s not 100 percent, that’s pretty tough. Lawrence Alexander can carry a team in a weekend series, but to do it for three games may be asking too much.

Oral Roberts is intriguing after bombing the Bison, but that may have been an emotionally-charged win as much as anything after one of its top players was suspended. Over three games, reality will set in for the Golden Eagles.

Fort Wayne has a chance with center Steve Forbes, but the Mastodons are also coming in losers of two of their last three including to a very average Nebraska-Omaha team. - See more at: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=....3Rk8XOrb.dpuf

SDSU is 51st in point per game. 4 starters are averaging double digits in points. I think the Jacks can score the ball. SDSU has won 12 of their last 14 games but they aren't considered "hot"? Does Kolpack know that Denver rolled USD a game prior to the SDSU game? He considered USD "hot" because they won 5 out of their last 6 games, 1 which was against a non d1 team. The farthest USD will be going will be the semis if they are lucky enough to get by IPFW.

Kolpack should stick with football.....
            Not sure where Kolpack is seeing that USD has 6 players averaging double digits. All i see is 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              Not sure where Kolpack is seeing that USD has 6 players averaging double digits. All i see is 3.
              Yeah you are right. I only see three. Larson at 13.1, Bos at 11.1 and Kasperbauer at 10.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                Here is his Video Blog with Dom Izzo...If you want to see his take...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=92025
                Kolpack does not give any respect for starters after Forbes at IPFW. They have 3 starters averaging 10 or more points. Kolpack is concerned that Brown for the Bison could be a huge loss for any games in Sioux Falls. He is a bit light for facts on his plug for the MBB at Vermillion. Overall, it is an entertaining piece of pre-Summit chat. It is too bad that more teams do not have a little more hype for their local markets. Thanks for the link. Sioux Falls should have more discussion after today and the NSIC This is the time of year Saul and Kampe and Hunter would bring some life to the party.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Chalk it up to double vision, then?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    My double vision always seems to get the best of me
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Unless he was reading it in 3B. 3 beers, looks pretty good eh.

Sorry for the strange brew reference.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

USD=University of San Diego right?

Comment

Zimmer posted his Summit League awards ballot today.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...llot/24322381/

Men's player of the year: Lawrence Alexander, NDSU
                          Men's coach of the year: Scott Nagy, SDSU
                          Men's newcomer of the year: Deondre Parks, SDSU
                          Men's defensive player of the year: Marcellus Barksdale, IUPUI
                          Men's Sixth Man of the year: DavRon Williams, IUPUI

Men's all-conference team:Lawrence Alexander, NDSU
                          Korey Billbury, Oral Roberts
                          CJ Carter, Omaha
                          Garret Covington, W. Illinois
                          Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts
                          Steve Forbes, IPFW
                          Cody Larson, SDSU
                          Tyler Larson, USD
                          George Marshall, SDSU
                          Brett Olson, Denver
                          Deondre Parks, SDSU

Men's all-newcomer team:
                          Tre Burnette, USD
                          AJ Jacobson, NDSU
                          George Marshall, SDSU
                          Deondre Parks, SDSU
                          Reed Tellinghuisen, SDSU

Comment

I really hope the ORU player who got booted from the team is not voted all conference. Other than that I cant argue much with the picks

Comment

I really don't understand Kolpack's pick of USD either, maybe he is going for the upset. It will be hard for the Yotes to top SDSU again, especially in SF. If they can win their first game.

I am not trying to smack, but Reed Tellinghuisen reminds me of a young Sloth, the Goonies character. Dude can shoot though.

Comment

Jeremy Hoeck of the Press and Dakotan predicted the Denver men to win the SL tourney and USD (shocker) to win the women's tourney.

He thinks ORU will knock off the SDSU women and that the USD men will beat SDSU.

He calls the Coyotes the "hottest team in the league." No mention that the Jacks have won 12 of 14, however.

Also says he doesn't see the Jacks having a "consistent offense," but yet USD apparently does.

I can't wait until the tournament.

https://pressdakotan.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X