2015 Summit MBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Summit MBB

IPFW cannot do well without Forbes. He fouled out at the 8:57 mark with a personal foul and an ensuing technical. The preseason favorite losing at Macomb endangers their road to a #1 seed. NDSU and Denver have kept the home court advantage right away. The Jackrabbits have a potential hole to dig out of with starting on the road at Fargo and Denver. The Yotes start with a home loss to Omaha who is starting out hot again this year. Denver should be one of the 2-0 teams after tomorrow. If NDSU handles the Jackrabbits tomorrow, they are on top as well. The Jackrabbits have not won many games in Fargo. Omaha and WIU will play a game that leaves one of those teams at the top with a 2-0 record. That game winner will be the early surprise of the season. IPFW needs to win at home Sunday to stay out of the cellar which would be a bigger surprise. The early talk about wide open conference race appears fairly accurate.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Western beats Omaha today 80-78. They are 2-0 and come to frost Wed.

Comment

USD 74, Denver 69. Final.

USD with a big win on the road. They had a 22-2 second half run and hold on in the final minute.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        USD 74, Denver 69. Final.

USD with a big win on the road. They had a 22-2 second half run and hold on in the final minute.
        I have a feeling USD will be heard from in the conference this year.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I have a feeling USD will be heard from in the conference this year.
          Agree and cant wait till the 17th

Comment

IUPUI @ ORU is the only other Summit League game today. It can be seen on ESPN3. Should be a good game. Wondering how the Jags will come out after a big win at Fort Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              IUPUI @ ORU is the only other Summit League game today. It can be seen on ESPN3. Should be a good game. Wondering how the Jags will come out after a big win at Fort Wayne.
              Could be an interesting game. IUPUI has I believe a new coach. Its interesting what a new coach can do, sometimes they get the same set of guys from an old regime to do things that win games.

Comment

IUPUI and ORU tied at 33 at half. Very interesting second half upcoming.

Comment

IUPUI and ORU tied at 33 at half. Very interesting second half upcoming.
                  I plan on watching that after the Jacks game!

Comment

IUPUI up 53-50 on ORU with 1:26 left in the game.

Comment

ORU threw up a prayer 3 with :01 left and it went in. Game is going to overtime tied at 56.

Why IUPUI did not foul up 3, I do not know.

Comment

ORU threw up a prayer 3 with :01 left and it went in. Game is going to overtime tied at 56.

Why IUPUI did not foul up 3, I do not know.
                        ORU wins 69-61. IUPUI must be improved more than I thought or ORU is not playing well yet.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Watch the replay on ESPN 3 if you have time. Up by three under :10 and IUPUI had all kinds of chances to foul before the Hail Mary, let them shoot it. Gave it away IMOP, ORU was really mugging them down the stretch. Tough place to play, but lots of open seating!

Comment

Two games in the conference season(except for the Jacks and Western Ill, who have played 3 games) we have just one unbeaten in NDSU and just one team without a win, IPFW. I think that tells you what the season going to be like. Again, win at home, get a couple on the road and be in the top 2 or 3.

Comment

Yes, there will be a lot of talk about the tie-breakers a month from now.

Losses at home and wins on the road will be the difference makers. Here is the summary of those so far.

Teams with road wins:
                              -Omaha
                              -USD
                              -IUPUI (who fell just short of getting two)

Teams with home losses:
                              -Denver
                              -USD
                              -FW

NDSU had a cozy start, getting two very close wins at home. Now they head out on the road for four of the next five. Look what happened to WIU after opening with two home wins. Omaha gets four of the next five at home (including NDSU/SDSU). They might be on top by the mid-point of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X