Denver 3-1 6-12
    South Dakota 2-1 12-4
    Western Illinois 2-1 10-6
    IUPUI 2-1 7-9
    South Dakota State 2-2 11-6
    Fort Wayne 1-3 7-10
    Oral Roberts 1-3 7-10
    Omaha 0-3 5-10
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Re: 2015 Summit WBB

We played our first conference game at home and then play the next 6 out of 7 on the road. what the hell kind of schedule is that. why not even things out a little.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        We played our first conference game at home and then play the next 6 out of 7 on the road. what the hell kind of schedule is that. why not even things out a little.
        The tourney is 50 minutes from home, is that fair to everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

[QUOTE=2002jack;266339]The tourney is 50 minutes from home, is that fair to everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

What does that have to do with my post about the unbalanced schedule? Not a damn thing

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;266340]
            Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            The tourney is 50 minutes from home, is that fair to everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

What does that have to do with my post about the unbalanced schedule? Not a damn thing
            Your whining about unfairness and making excuses for losses, it seems to equate.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

[QUOTE=2002jack;266353]

Your whining about unfairness and making excuses for losses, it seems to equate.

Where in my post was i blaming the loss on the schedule? I also wasnt whining(actually i was having a glass of wine). I was wondering why they do it that way, Dr Phil

Comment

Yotes and Williams on a roll. pretty impressive to score 101 on Western Ill's home court.

"Williams ties Mary Zimmerman (1976-82) as the second-fastest coach in program history to reach 50 wins, doing it in 84 games. Chad Lavin (1982-86, 1998-08) reached 50 wins the quickest, doing it in 71 games."

Comment

On the flipside, there's something to be said with having six of the final nine games at home. If you want to be sure and roll into Sioux Falls with some momentum, that's a good way to do it. For the record, USD also has 5 of 7 on the road to start the Summit season.

Denver and the Bison each had a comfortable home start to the season, and their records show it. The schedule will catch up with them.

Comment

Isn't it 5 out of 6 on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Isn't it 5 out of 6 on the road?
                      Is it? Maybe i looked at it wrong. Ok, i will quit whining

Comment

Just an interesting tidbit ,but the Summit League ranks as one of the best 3 pt shooting % conferences in the nation, as well as FT% ( we are the best) and pretty darned good with FG% as well. This just barely into the conference season to boot, so takes into account lots of games against BCS teams.I knew we were good,but didn't think we stood out so prominently in a comparison to all the conferences nationally, 2nd only to the Pac 12 by very slim margin.Kind of proud of our conference for accomplishing this.

The bad part is we're # 322/343 in 3 pt FG defense, maybe not the best conference to be in with that poor of defense against the 3 pt shot The whole league isn't too good defensively, except for USD, ranked # 87 allowing only 28.9%

Link:http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div .....complete link doesn't work,from here, go to (select) WBB, select Div 1, click on "trends" tab
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-17-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I just heard that Walters will get a start today. I missed who is missing from the starting lineup. It may have been Waytashek as she was replacing another senior.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

All of the home teams won the games today. NDSU defeats IPFW, USD wins, Omaha beats IUPUI, and ORU beats WIU. USD is alone in first place.
                            The only team to lose at home this week was the Denver women on Thursday.

Comment

24 conference games have been played so far, home teams have won 19 times, and lost 5 times. The five teams to get road victories are:

W. Ill over FW
                              W. Ill over Denver
                              SD over Omaha
                              SD over W. Ill
                              SDSU over FW

Comment

went back and did a quick check on how the Summit League did against other DI competition during the 2014 ooc schedule. it may be possible i missed a game or two.

i counted 95 total games with the Summit winning 36 of those games. that equals 38%. hopefully the league can improve on that %.

Comment

Working...
                                X