Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    When he says tried, does that mean he was in fact laid out or was he strong enough to fend them off?
    Can someone also break down exactly what he means by "He ain't do nothing but put the pads on." I am stumped by that one.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Can someone also break down exactly what he means by "He ain't do nothing but put the pads on." I am stumped by that one.
      I think that means that if he puts the pads on and steps on the field, he is going to get hit hard. He "signed up for it" by lacing up the cleats and stepping on the field. I feel like there is more to the story than that. Maybe the players don't like the way Zenner goes about his business?
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I think that means that if he puts the pads on and steps on the field, he is going to get hit hard. He "signed up for it" by lacing up the cleats and stepping on the field. I feel like there is more to the story than that. Maybe the players don't like the way Zenner goes about his business?
        A studious young white guy with designs on a medical degree... lacing them up with us? We're going to show him.

That's my take on the situation. Hopefully Zach just runs through it like he did the FCS.

Comment

I was thinking it was either a way of saying he is a nobody, or hasnt done anything at the NFL level or like they were taking it easy on him or something. A slight but not exactly sure the context behind it. I agree that probably is more too it then that. Maybe he showed up someone or what. Hopefully we hear more.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I was thinking it was either a way of saying he is a nobody, or hasnt done anything at the NFL level or like they were taking it easy on him or something. A slight but not exactly sure the context behind it. I agree that probably is more too it then that. Maybe he showed up someone or what. Hopefully we hear more.
            I kind of took it to mean that some players don't like Zenner being a little too overzealous and Whitehead stood up for him by saying all he's doing is playing hard. Hell, i don't know

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              I kind of took it to mean that some players don't like Zenner being a little too overzealous and Whitehead stood up for him by saying all he's doing is playing hard. Hell, i don't know
              maybe, the sentence leaves more questions then answers for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                A studious young white guy with designs on a medical degree... lacing them up with us? We're going to show him.

That's my take on the situation. Hopefully Zach just runs through it like he did the FCS.

Your "take" is completely unfounded racism?

Sign me up for your newsletter, please. I need more.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It reminds me of when Toby Gerhart got drafted by the Vikings. Seems like he took a number of hard hits in camp too.

Comment

Pretty sure the comment just means that Zenner hasn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Just another rookie and we are hitting him hard to make that point.

Comment

Some additional color here:

"As a result, the running backs took several hard hits, and undrafted rookie Zach Zenner seemed to be on the receiving end the most. On one play, linebacker Stephen Tulloch hit Zenner to a knee, and after he kept running, safety Glover Quin popped him hard, too. Defensive tackle Roy Philon and linebacker Tahir Whitehead hit Zenner hard, too.

“He ain’t do nothing but put the pads on,” Whitehead said of Zenner being on the receiving end of the hits.
                      "

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

"As a result, the running backs took several hard hits, and undrafted rookie Zach Zenner seemed to be on the receiving end the most. On one play, linebacker Stephen Tulloch hit Zenner to a knee, and after he kept running, safety Glover Quin popped him hard, too. Defensive tackle Roy Philon and linebacker Tahir Whitehead hit Zenner hard, too.

“He ain’t do nothing but put the pads on,” Whitehead said of Zenner being on the receiving end of the hits.
                        "
                        I took the Whitehead comment as if he was asked "What did Zenner do to be taking so many big hits?", and Whitehead basically said he didn't do anything to deserve it, he just put his pads on and came out to play. I'm sure this is normal for rookies, and especially for a guy like Zenner who is doing everything he can to get noticed and might go a little harder in practice than some people appreciate.

Comment

Pretty sure the comment just means that Zenner hasn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Just another rookie and we are hitting him hard to make that point.
                          Considering Whitehead was one of the guys that hit him, then yeah, your take makes sense.

Comment

"
                            First day of pads, makes a lot of sense now

Comment

NFL veterans are notoriously tough on rookies in training camp, which makes sense since these young guys are a threat to their jobs and livelihoods.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                NFL veterans are notoriously tough on rookies in training camp, which makes sense since these young guys are a threat to their jobs and livelihoods.
                                This is the most accurate comment on this page.

Comment

Working...
                                X