Zenner continues to get attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Don't know if anyone has seen this but he has a rookie card. They are on ebay, was able to get one from the local card shop. Be a nice present for my son.

0115160922.jpg
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10429/zach-zenner

Comment

I see that his RB coach just got an OC job with SF. I believe he was the one who got Zach to Detroit and was arguably his biggest advocate. Should be interesting to see how things play out from here.

Comment

Thanks Sturgis...that is an interesting link. Hope it works out for ZZ!

Comment

News coming out today saying that the Lions cut Joique Bell. It sounds like this was somewhat expected, but it could be a good thing if they see Zenner filling his role along with Abdullah.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              News coming out today saying that the Lions cut Joique Bell. It sounds like this was somewhat expected, but it could be a good thing if they see Zenner filling his role along with Abdullah.
              Let's hope ZZ stays healthy and gets some reps right away during the regular season. It will be interesting if the Lions go after a RB in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                Let's hope ZZ stays healthy and gets some reps right away during the regular season. It will be interesting if the Lions go after a RB in the draft.
                The Lions might want to use every draft pick on an offensive lineman. That line was absolutely awful last year. No running back was going to look even decent behind that mess.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._replacem.html

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Zach Zenner Ice Fishing Event.
                    http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news...-detroit-lions

Comment

Ridley signs with the Lions. Understandable from the Lions standpoint, adding depth, but I was hoping they would roll with Abdullah and Zenner as their main options. Probably wishful thinking.

Comment

Josh Katzenstein:
                        Right now, the expectation is that Zenner will be competing just to make the roster, especially if the Lions draft another back. But I think he has a lot of potential and should find a way to be the No. 3 or 4 option behind Abdullah and Riddick because I think he's better than Ridley. Though, again, a draft pick would change that.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          Josh Katzenstein:
                          Right now, the expectation is that Zenner will be competing just to make the roster, especially if the Lions draft another back. But I think he has a lot of potential and should find a way to be the No. 3 or 4 option behind Abdullah and Riddick because I think he's better than Ridley. Though, again, a draft pick would change that.
                          Football more so than any sport, is where the majority of the team is competing for a roster spot, especially one coming off a serious injury.

Comment

Lions drafted a RB late in the 7th round. Dwayne Washington from Washington. Tall,skinny and fast. Had just over 1200 yards in his career compared to Zach's three 2,000+ yard seasons, plus fumbled 10 times in 227 carries. Seems like he shouldn't beat Zach out of a spot, especially since Zenner also plays on special teams.

Comment

Blurb on Zenner on fantasy football site RotoWorld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...uy-low-targets

Lions RB Zach Zenner Age: Turns 25 in September. … Zenner was a #DraftTwitter favorite last year, but ended up going undrafted out of South Dakota State before signing on with the Lions. He’s obviously on the older side for his experience level, but Zenner truly has an every-down back skill set and elite measurable athletics, posting the second-highest SPARQ score in last year’s class. He ran a 4.60 forty with a 41-inch vertical and 10-foot-1 broad jump. Zenner dominated last preseason, rushing 35 times for 183 yards (5.2 YPC) and two touchdowns and catching eight passes for 66 yards and a third score. He also repeatedly stonewalled oncoming pass rushers in pass protection. Zenner made the team out of camp but ended up suffering multiple cracked ribs and a partially collapsed lung in Week 6. He missed the rest of the season on I.R., but had just been starting to carve out a role in Detroit’s backfield. The Lions released plodding early-down runner Joique Bell after the season and only added 27-year-old Stevan Ridley, who is a year removed from an ACL tear, and seventh-rounder Dwayne Washington to their backfield. Beat writer Tim Twentyman of the Lions’ team website believes Zenner has a chance to “see a considerable increase to his touches” this season. In a perfect world, Zenner would handle early-down work with Ameer Abdullah handling 10-12 touches in a tandem as the COP back. Theo Riddick isn’t even necessarily a running back as a pass catcher-only. Like Watson above, Zenner is super cheap.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Non football article about Zenner in the Detroit News:

http://ux.detroitnews.com/story/spor...ball/84931514/

Comment

Working...
                                X