Potential loss of Equestrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential loss of Equestrian

Interesting read. TItle IX implications.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...atus/20486973/
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Potential loss of Equestrian

I hope they can figure out a way to make Equestrian work. I think it is a perfect fit for SDSU. Those costs are through the roof though.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      I hope they can figure out a way to make Equestrian work. I think it is a perfect fit for SDSU. Those costs are through the roof though.
      Trigger needs his hay in the morning in order for him to do his thing in the ring. It is expensive, but those with big pockets have stepped forward so far, and it might not be a NCAA function, but I don't see it going out of existence at SDSU. These folks need the tax deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Trigger needs his hay in the morning in order for him to do his thing in the ring. It is expensive, but those with big pockets have stepped forward so far, and it might not be a NCAA function, but I don't see it going out of existence at SDSU. These folks need the tax deduction.
        Agree there was good support for starting the program, but I doubt very much that there is enough there to continue it if the NCAA erases our ability to use the sport for Title IX purposes. IMO there is no way we could continue that program, and develop additional sports to keep us legal. There is, of course, the possibility we could get by without other programs if the Regents allow us to use the same method they granted USD (but wouldn't let us use, when we went D-I) in regards to a less stringent standard (i.e., meeting needs, and not requiring "same dollars" and "same number of participants". Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
        X