Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jacks vs UALR

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Definitely agree. I'm just commenting on how there is a turnover panic attack on this board every year and each year we think it is something new.
    If you're paying attention the turnover issue is nothing new. I think it bothers us fans more than it effects the team.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      If you're paying attention the turnover issue is nothing new. I think it bothers us fans more than it effects the team.
      Well, as sideline coaches, we have to have something to talk about, for goodness sake. Of course, neither the players or the coaches could have been happy with the number the last few games, and I am sure they want to work on it. I guess I'm just different, in enjoying any basketball game, men or women, that we win handily over a highly ranked team, regardless if it is ragged, ugly or (pick your own superlative). Will now head for the Spectrum to watch the Jacks take on CSU-Bakersfield. I can't forget the game we played against them in D-II playoff days when we were not able to enjoy a win (although a Dueling Duo pianos and some beverages provided some adjustment to my attitude.) Sure hope I don't have to resort to that today!

Comment

26 is still too many and I bet AJ and the team DO feel like it is, too.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          26 is still too many and I bet AJ and the team DO feel like it is, too.
          Did we win? What is our record this year?

I'll stick with my point that turnovers have not had a pronounced negative effect on the results this season.

I have no idea how the teams feels about the number of turnovers.

Comment

Seriously, The women went out and not only beat a VERY good, highly respected UALR team last night, they dominated them. We are what 5? points away from having only lost 1 game so far this season in a ridiculously tough OOC schedule, and there are some on here who are bitching about the way they are winning? That you don't want to watch them because of turnovers? Have you watched the SDSU women's team at all over the last, oh, 10 years? For some reason the system we run seems to lend itself to turning over the ball, a lot. They still find ways to win. Is it always pretty? No. But anyone who can't see the talent on this team and see what a fun team they are to watch, may need to take a step back and look where we are at... Top 50 RPI, Top 25 Mid-Major Program every year, Perennial NCAA Tournament team, One of the few non-P5 conference clubs that can get schools like Notre Dame, Iowa, etc. To come to OUR house to play. There is so much right with our program that if all you have to bitch about is the turnovers in a game, maybe you need to step back and realize how much that means is going right!

Comment

Did we win? What is our record this year?

I'll stick with my point that turnovers have not had a pronounced negative effect on the results this season.

I have no idea how the teams feels about the number of turnovers.
              if i did the math right our 34 turnovers led to 30 points by DePaul.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                if i did the math right our 34 turnovers led to 30 points by DePaul.
                Yup, but we are still 7-3. Could be 9-1. I wouldnt consider one game a pronounced effect.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  Seriously, The women went out and not only beat a VERY good, highly respected UALR team last night, they dominated them. We are what 5? points away from having only lost 1 game so far this season in a ridiculously tough OOC schedule, and there are some on here who are bitching about the way they are winning? That you don't want to watch them because of turnovers? Have you watched the SDSU women's team at all over the last, oh, 10 years? For some reason the system we run seems to lend itself to turning over the ball, a lot. They still find ways to win. Is it always pretty? No. But anyone who can't see the talent on this team and see what a fun team they are to watch, may need to take a step back and look where we are at... Top 50 RPI, Top 25 Mid-Major Program every year, Perennial NCAA Tournament team, One of the few non-P5 conference clubs that can get schools like Notre Dame, Iowa, etc. To come to OUR house to play. There is so much right with our program that if all you have to bitch about is the turnovers in a game, maybe you need to step back and realize how much that means is going right!
                  The system is not creating the careless turnovers. Because there is so much talent it's hard to understand the volume of turnovers. Maybe continuing with this level of turnovers won't hurt the team in most Summit League games, but it assuredly will in Sioux Fall like it did against USD and certainly in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

they had six turnovers in the first six minutes. if i remember at least four were because the dribbler was out of control and lost it out of bounds, a few bad passes and a strip down under the basket. passing was better with very few steals from a bad pass.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      The system is not creating the careless turnovers. Because there is so much talent it's hard to understand the volume of turnovers. Maybe continuing with this level of turnovers won't hurt the team in most Summit League games, but it assuredly will in Sioux Fall like it did against USD and certainly in the NCAA tournament.
                      How many turnovers are we averaging this year?

Comment

How many turnovers are we averaging this year?
                        19.5 288 in Division One

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          19.5 288 in Division One
                          More than the last few years. Definitely could use some improvement, but overall doing well. Clean those up and we could be special.

Comment

More than the last few years. Definitely could use some improvement, but overall doing well. Clean those up and we could be special.
                            Obviously,last night was an exception but they have been remarkably consistent over the last 5 years. Not saying it's a good number but pretty much the same every year.Around a 17.5 average

Comment

TO margin is a better stat, say you have 28 TO'S but force 29 that's a net gain of a possession, not a loss at all. Sure, the TO # is high, but the over all outcome is still a positive.

High TO's from both teams indicates to me the play is very fast with little room for error and both defenses are playing tough.
                              Agree the turnover margin in the DePaul game was lopsided in favor of DePaul, that's why we lost by 22 points.

Agree also, the better the opponent the more crucial it is to play as error free as possible. Top 25 teams will exploit anything you want to give them and bury you with your own miscues. Make teams have to beat you with their own ability to hit shots, and play a good game. Don't give them any freebie's, your just helping them and making it too easy for them.Make them "earn it" and make them play hard if they want the game. You make them have to play hard and hit shots, some times you'll find they aren't as good as everyone believes they are. Pressure can be both ally and foe, make it your ally.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-19-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

SDSU RPI jumps up to 42 today. Green Bay is sitting at #4. If we would have made a couple more shots in that game we'd be getting votes in the Top-25 polls.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html

Comment

Working...
                                X