jacks vs UALR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacks vs UALR

PLAY,HARD,....REPEAT Seams to be a pattern emerging here!

Re: jacks vs UALR

UALR have a couple impressive road wins so far this seasons with wins at Memphis and at a down LSU team(RPI 192). They beat ORU at home by a score of 54-43. UALR is coming off a big home win against Oklahoma where they were up by 17 at one point but eventually won by 4. Once again this is another great chance for the Jacks to add another quality win. UALR will come into the game tomorrow with a RPI of 40.

It looks like UALR only goes about 3 deep so SDSU's bench should be able to wear them down and pull away in the 2nd half. Having said that, by looking at some of UALR scores they tend to play pretty even with their opponent in the 1st half (147-142) and pull away in the 2nd. They are out scoring the opposition by a score of 217-176 in the 2nd half.

Real Time RPI has SDSU winning this game 78-71.

http://realtimerpi.com/cgi-bin/rpi/s...me=&date=12-18

UALR Game Notes

SDSU Game Notes
    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 12-17-2014, 08:15 PM. Reason: UALR beat Oklahoma at home

Comment

UALR has three players who go aggressively to the board for offensive rebounds, over 2 a game for Kaitlyn Pratt and Shanity James, to a little lesser extent, Keanna Keys.

Offensive rebounds are strictly going after the ball on every shot or drive and shot attempt. It's sheer effort, so that's why only so many on a team are threats for offensive boards, because the others, quit frankly don't show a propensity toward expending that much energy, these are high energy players. A little bit to do with acquiring a knack for it too. Players like our own Mariah Clarin, Megan Waytashek, Chynna Stevens and from W. Ill, Ashley Luke. Just a few examples from the Summit, there are others also. Some teams stress getting back on defense more than trying for second chance points, so that enters into it too. Even similar teams are just a little bit different.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-18-2014, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        UALR has three players who go aggressively to the board for offensive rebounds, over 2 a game for Kaitlyn Pratt and Shanity James, to a little lesser extent, Keanna Keys.

Offensive rebounds are strictly going after the ball on every shot or drive and shot attempt. It's sheer effort, so that's why only so many on a team are threats for offensive boards, because the others, quit frankly don't show a propensity toward expending that much energy, these are high energy players. A little bit to do with acquiring a knack for it too. Players like our own Mariah Clarin, Megan Waytashek, Chynna Stevens and from W. Ill, Ashley Luke. Just a few examples from the Summit, there are others also. Some teams stress getting back on defense more than trying for second chance points, so that enters into it too. Even similar teams are just a little bit different.
        blocking out matters---great pic from Duke-Husker wbb game!

B4DC02KCMAA5_L7.jpg

hope to see a little more court "awareness" regarding passing the ball this time around. should be fun game!

Comment

Another women's game against a high-level opponent on the tv and the first men's game with Marshall on the radio - all while I am doing carpentry work on my house. There's a decent chance that I'll accidentally nail my hand to the floor or saw off a finger tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
            blocking out matters---great pic from Duke-Husker wbb game!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554[/ATTACH]

hope to see a little more court "awareness" regarding passing the ball this time around. should be fun game!
            Great pic...everyone blocked out, but, if even one or two players fail to block out, the whole thing usually fails.

Comment

who has the game on tv?

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                who has the game on tv?
                I should have put "tv" in quotes earlier. Gojacks.com is the only video I'm aware of. I put it on the tv using Google Chromecast. The quality certainly is not as good as ESPN3, but it works. Jackrabbit Extra has a 25% off sale going right now if you want to sign up for video service for the basketball season.

Comment

Taking bad shots,not much confidence with working it in or creating the driving lane,we have to attack better to create some scoring opportunity's

Comment

I think things will come around,might be a little impatient early and rushing shots,some of that is due to a good UALR 'D'

Comment

6-4 Jacks,missed all of that

Comment

11-4 jacks heating up,more settled on offense

Comment

Megan playing well. Chynna way too many turnover. We have 9 turnovers in 9 minutes. Chynna with four turnovers

Comment

we have a pretty good height advantage,it shows

Comment

That Miller steal and score earlier,I think we'll see a lot more of that as her career progresses, she's so smooth and plays so much under control for a true freshman

Comment

Working...
                              X