Dan Jackson radio interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Jackson radio interview

Local omaha radio did interview with Dan Jackson this morning. Podcast should be posted if you are interested.

http://1620thezone.com

Re: Dan Jackson radio interview

Via tweet from Terry V.

Assistant @Dan_Jackson5 said on an Omaha radio station that he expects @GoJacksFB to land at least 7 Nebraska prep recruits. Has 5 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Via tweet from Terry V.

Assistant @Dan_Jackson5 said on an Omaha radio station that he expects @GoJacksFB to land at least 7 Nebraska prep recruits. Has 5 so far.
      Well, the only two left on our known offer list are these two:

OT - Tanner Borchardt**, 6'8" 275, Gothenburg, NE - HUDL
      Offers: Colorado State, Ohio, Wyoming, Illinois State

OL - Matt Clark**, 6'5" 300, Syracuse, NE
      Offers: Ohio, USD

With the lack of committed offensive linemen, I think this would be a big score if we got them. Both guys are freaking huge. I'm sure we have other offers out there that we don't know about though.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Here's a direct link to the audio: http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...=981&f=3760533

Another thing of note was Dan raving about Issac Wallace. Kept hearing great things about him throughout his redshirt year, but this was the first I heard that he was breaking Zenners RB testing records (I'm assuming he meant for freshmen, but can't remember if he specified or not). Jackson did say the Issac ran a 4.4 forty.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Thank you Dan Jackson for all your efforts in recruiting. You do it the right way, and maybe seven recruits from Nebraska. Good work.

Comment

I really hope we have the funding and/or resources to get Coach Jackson to where he needs to be in order to keep him in Brookings. It's crazy how many recruits call him out by name when they are discussing the reasons they specifically chose SDSU - he must do things right. Never mind the fact that our DB's were pretty great this year on the field as well. Add in his connections in Omaha (something that other area FCS coaches have publicly acknowledged as a win for us), a recruiting hotbed, and he has a lot of great characteristics that would be tough to replace.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              I really hope we have the funding and/or resources to get Coach Jackson to where he needs to be in order to keep him in Brookings. It's crazy how many recruits call him out by name when they are discussing the reasons they specifically chose SDSU - he must do things right. Never mind the fact that our DB's were pretty great this year on the field as well. Add in his connections in Omaha (something that other area FCS coaches have publicly acknowledged as a win for us), a recruiting hotbed, and he has a lot of great characteristics that would be tough to replace.
              Agree wholeheartedly.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                I suspect you are already a member but joining the Difference Makers would help with this challenge of hanging on to someone who is very good at what they do. I am speaking of Dan Jackson. We need all the help we can get, and its not about making meetings, its about having direct impact on the football budget.

Comment

Working...
                X