Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs Idaho St Bengals

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    We'll probably get a good look at some of the guys that normally stay on the bench the next two nights. Three consecutive games is going to be quite a test - physically and mentally. An OT game is quite a way to start.

Nothing pretty, but the new-looks Jacks are 1-0.
    Just like the summit tourny. Its a good time to mentally and physically learn what it takes to win 3 games in 3 days.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Gotta beat Bakersfield tomorrow first
      Shoot. I was counting on a Christmas miracle. I really need the weekend to start tomorrow.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Well, Scott wants perfection and there is nothing wrong with that. But Devine played great and is really coming on, and Marshall started very slow, but looked a lot better in the second half. They ran a tight zone and doubled almost every player, and we didn't answer very well. But again, in the clutch, the Jacks came through and that is worth a lot IMO. And if it is any consolation, Cal State Bakersfield is ranked 248th out of 251 teams in the latest NCAA rpi ratings, and Utah State led them only 20-18 at the half (how's that for a half of basketball?). The Aggies won it 56-53. Got to meet Conner's parents, and they had 3 other friends along from Wasilla, AK. They got to see his best basketball game of the year.

Comment

The game was not pretty, but if ISU was in our conference, we would be better prepared for the next meeting. When they double every player with their zone defense, it's something we have not faced much. There are ways of exploiting that style of defense. I venture some one was open on every play, its just the matter of breaking that press and finding the open guy. No doubt very basic and frustrating to Coach Nagy that was not able to do this, and we did not pick up the two leading scorers on defense. That too, has to be very frustrating. Lots of foot stomping, no doubt. Lets take care of Bakersfield, they are next.

Comment

I think it's clear one player isn't going to change the makeup of this team completely but Marshall had some moments. Shooting 33% and 3 assists was a rough start but he has some spark for sure. Connor offensively was good but defensively not so much. Nagy said Parks wasn't aggressive and I'm assuming he meant attacking the rim. Parks is an average at best shooter who is clearly in his element attacking the basket, last night he settled. With the exception of the intentional foul, Larson was solid. Idaho State was an interesting team. That zone was passive and we sat back and didn't attack. Their post reminded me of the kid from DW, good feet etc. We have to defend better than that for sure. Not sure how much zone we'll see but I'll guarantee if we shoot like that frequently, we'll see a lot more of it!

Comment

I'm still very encouraged by this team. There is depth and toughness there and I view a game like this as just part of the process of getting used to playing with a brand new point guard. Nobody knows better than SDSU how important a great point guard is. Marshall hadn't played a game in 400 days going into last night. I'd say it was an encouraging first effort. I think the Jacks are going to be very good once everyone settles into their roles and they should have as good a shot as anyone in the Summit Tournament.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It sounds like some of you were able to watch the game? Is there a link for tonight's game?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  It sounds like some of you were able to watch the game? Is there a link for tonight's game?
                  I have family in Pocatello. They watched the game and facetimed it It was decent actually. If you watched the Idaho feed from Idaho, it was superior to that. Unfortunately, no family in that armpit of a city called Bakersfield.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                    I have family in Pocatello. They watched the game and facetimed it It was decent actually. If you watched the Idaho feed from Idaho, it was superior to that. Unfortunately, no family in that armpit of a city called Bakersfield.
                    Aren't all three of these games on Utah State's campus in Logan, UT? What does family in Pocatello and Bakersfield have to do with the ability to watch in Logan?
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Ummmm...the game was televised in Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        Aren't all three of these games on Utah State's campus in Logan, UT? What does family in Pocatello and Bakersfield have to do with the ability to watch in Logan?
                        He did say that his family Pocatello fact timed it. Not sure what is involved but he got it to work apparently.

Comment

The one thing that seems to have been a consistent problem has been giving up offensive rebounds. Rebounding is one of those effort things that just takes a commitment from everyone. Nagy won't let that go and they will get there. When they become a very good rebounding team then lookout.

The team is 1-0 AG. No, it wasn't pretty. So, what? I remember last year we didn't win our first road game until Denver. That was in January. And that was starting 4 seniors and a junior. I'd say they are going to be just fine and are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

As Aaron Rodgers said, "RELAX!"

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                            Ummmm...the game was televised in Idaho.
                            Got it. Weird that it was televised in Idaho but no link came available to pick it up online anywhere. That is disappointing.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              I remember last year we didn't win our first road game until Denver. That was in January. And that was starting 4 seniors and a junior. I'd say they are going to be just fine and are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

As Aaron Rodgers said, "RELAX!"

SUPERBUNNY
                              Agreed. Last year the team was 6-7 on December 19. This year is a work in progress that seems to be going well. Did anyone expect a 7-3 record at this point? I expect it will be at least the end of this long swing of road games before they really get things settled and start to roll with the rotation that will take them through the Summit season.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

FaceTime link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FaceTime

Truth is,I never heard about it either, til it came up on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X