Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Lineup

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    You must be too quick for them to take it off. I just looked now and they have 6 QB's and they are:

1) Taryn Christion
    2) Chris Little
    3) Dalton Douglas
    4) Jacob Menage
    5) Zach Lujan
    6) Tyler Finnes
    That's quite a stable.

Got to think we're going to lose one or two of those guys at some point. Like we did Kline, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      That's quite a stable.

Got to think we're going to lose one or two of those guys at some point. Like we did Kline, etc...
      I agree! I feel like we will have some growing pains from the position no matter who wins the competition, but I am excited about the future. I have heard good things about both Little and Douglas. I also wasn't as down on Lujan as some were and think that he will be in the running. It should be an interesting spring and summer for the competition!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Kind of surprised we haven't had any word of any transfers for this year yet. Usually there's a couple of guys that we would have heard of by now.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          I agree! I feel like we will have some growing pains from the position no matter who wins the competition, but I am excited about the future. I have heard good things about both Little and Douglas. I also wasn't as down on Lujan as some were and think that he will be in the running. It should be an interesting spring and summer for the competition!
          Its kind of wait and see situation. I going with Lujan based on his experience on the field. At times it might not have gone well, but I thought he did pretty good, except for the one game where they put in Tyler Finnis to shake Lujan up a bit, and that did not go well. Tyler might be a very fine individual, but he did not show much talent in that one series. Maybe Finnis might end up getting the nod but I don't think so.

Comment

SDSU picked 5th in the preseason poll: http://www.valley-football.org/news/...ball-favorite/

Probably was bound to happen when you lose three offensive stars, since most of these preseason polls are based on who you lose.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              SDSU picked 5th in the preseason poll: http://www.valley-football.org/news/...ball-favorite/

Probably was bound to happen when you lose three offensive stars, since most of these preseason polls are based on who you lose.
              UNI lost a pretty good Quarterback and Running Back as well. Nice to see USD with 2 Honorable Mentions pre-season.

And I'm sure the Bison are fine, and deserving of their ranking. But they lost a top notch RB, some pretty good WR's, and a great DE.

Let's hope the coaches do the job in preparing the offensive skill players. Could be an extremely interesting year.

Comment

Just listened to the MVFC presser with Coach Eidsness and thought it was interesting he mentioned that there is a running competition for the starting QB spot between Lujan, Douglass, and Taryn Christion (who's been on campus all summer), but no mention of Little or Finnes. Glad to see there is some competition, but would really like to see one emerge early in fall camp.

It also got me thinking: Has SDSU ever started a true freshman QB in the season opener before? One would have to think Taryn really had to earn it if he manages to pull it off considering Coach Stig and Co. have a history of going with the experience if they can help it.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Just listened to the MVFC presser with Coach Eidsness and thought it was interesting he mentioned that there is a running competition for the starting QB spot between Lujan, Douglass, and Taryn Christion (who's been on campus all summer), but no mention of Little or Finnes. Glad to see there is some competition, but would really like to see one emerge early in fall camp.

It also got me thinking: Has SDSU ever started a true freshman QB in the season opener before? One would have to think Taryn really had to earn it if he manages to pull it off considering Coach Stig and Co. have a history of going with the experience if they can help it.
                  Perhaps a position change or transfer for a few of these quarterbacks with two more on the way in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    UNI lost a pretty good Quarterback and Running Back as well. Nice to see USD with 2 Honorable Mentions pre-season.

And I'm sure the Bison are fine, and deserving of their ranking. But they lost a top notch RB, some pretty good WR's, and a great DE.

Let's hope the coaches do the job in preparing the offensive skill players. Could be an extremely interesting year.
                    The Bison receivers should be better than last year. They return 6 year Sr Zach Vraa, True Sophomore RJ Urdendowski and 5th year SR Nate Moody. Vraa will hold all the school receiving records and Urzdendowski is just good. The rest are unknowns but the newcomer I am looking forward to is Shadeed Crockett, who is Johns brother. He transferred in from Montana St.

The RB's are a bit of unknown but they are looking at a 3-pronged attack with Frazier, Morlock and Dunn. The big ? is the LB'S and Safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                      The Bison receivers should be better than last year. They return 6 year Sr Zach Vraa, True Sophomore RJ Urdendowski and 5th year SR Nate Moody. Vraa will hold all the school receiving records and Urzdendowski is just good. The rest are unknowns but the newcomer I am looking forward to is Shadeed Crockett, who is Johns brother. He transferred in from Montana St.

The RB's are a bit of unknown but they are looking at a 3-pronged attack with Frazier, Morlock and Dunn. The big ? is the LB'S and Safeties.
                      Good to know. You did lose a couple of wr's, though?

No doubt, you are the team to beat, and have earned that.

Comment

Has Ramsey been moved to Offensive Line as indicated in Zimmer's feature on O line.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Little didn't seem to have that strong of spring.. I thing this is Taryn's to lose. I did hear that Lujan was really nicked up last year and kept playing when he shouldn't have. It will be good to see him healthy

Comment

Working...
                          X