Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Lineup

Alot, alot, alot of talent returning.

But we will miss some big names in Sumner, Zenner, Schneider, and yes, Syrovotka.

I do think Lujan will get first shot, but it's not garunteed with Little and Douglas ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      If we could find a dominant pass rusher our defense could be outstanding next year. We have a very solid secondary and linebackers with nearly everyone returning. One big difference between the NDSU D and ours is they got pressure from the front line, and we didn't.
      I think this post is spot on. You can also argue that's pry the biggest reason we didn't win Saturday. Wentz had all day to throw because we could get pressure with our lineman. We also didn't blitz because of Wentz's ability to scramble.

I mentioned it before, but we had a grand total of 15 sacks this year. I would venture to guess that ranks pretty high on the list of fewest sacks in a season by an SDSU team.

Being a contender starts with defense.

Comment

Next year's defense will be no different if we cannot pressure the qb and dominate the line of scrimmage. It is great to have returning starters but the defensive scheme is not good. Look at the stats for the year, yikes! The safety play must improve. Watched the game again and the prevent defense from the safeties stunk. They covered no one on the last drive.

Pleas get up on the ball, play aggressive and win the LOS next year. Who came up with the D scheme? Please change it. Look at all the third and fourth down conversions. We couldn't stop a run up the middle on those fourth down plays.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I think this post is spot on. You can also argue that's pry the biggest reason we didn't win Saturday. Wentz had all day to throw because we could get pressure with our lineman. We also didn't blitz because of Wentz's ability to scramble.

I mentioned it before, but we had a grand total of 15 sacks this year. I would venture to guess that ranks pretty high on the list of fewest sacks in a season by an SDSU team.

Being a contender starts with defense.
          I totally agree with you guys. I said this immediately after the game when I was very upset even though I was full of MGD. - Nidaros disagreed with me since I am just a hard core football fan who don't know anything. Even though I played and watched a ton of football in my life.

If you can't get a top flight pass rusher, scheme to get pressure. If you can't get pressure with 4, bring 5. If 5 can't do it, bring 6. - One sack or bad throw by NDSU in that last drive and the Jacks would be playing this weekend. Now I'm upset again, but what can you do...

Comment

Given the success of ISU-Red QB transfer from Indiana - I wonder if there are some FBS players with a year or two to go that are looking for playing time -- DE's, QB's, DB's...... Nice compliments to our returners.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
              I totally agree with you guys. I said this immediately after the game when I was very upset even though I was full of MGD. - Nidaros disagreed with me since I am just a hard core football fan who don't know anything. Even though I played and watched a ton of football in my life.

If you can't get a top flight pass rusher, scheme to get pressure. If you can't get pressure with 4, bring 5. If 5 can't do it, bring 6. - One sack or bad throw by NDSU in that last drive and the Jacks would be playing this weekend. Now I'm upset again, but what can you do...
              I honestly think they were a reluctant to bring pressure last week because they were worried about Wentz's scrambling ability. I didn't pay super close attention to the number of blitzes, but I know for a fact they brought a bunch of guys when Wentz scrambled for that TD. I can't think of a single other time they really brought much pressure although I may have missed it too.

I think the scheme was to rush with four, max coverage, with a linebacker spy on Wentz to keep him from running. Actually worked pretty good.

Comment

I agree on the need for a good pass rusher or two. I'm of the understanding that is the hardest position to recruit because so many college teams want them and the supply of big, strong, fast recruits is so limited. Converting linebackers is one solution.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I honestly think they were a reluctant to bring pressure last week because they were worried about Wentz's scrambling ability. I didn't pay super close attention to the number of blitzes, but I know for a fact they brought a bunch of guys when Wentz scrambled for that TD. I can't think of a single other time they really brought much pressure although I may have missed it too.

I think the scheme was to rush with four, max coverage, with a linebacker spy on Wentz to keep him from running. Actually worked pretty good.
                  Brought a bunch on the TD run and they ALL over pursued. Have to stay in your blitzing lanes and not get too far up field (damn, I can't let this loss go). With a better pass rush up front the LB's have more "wiggle room" in the pass coverage and blitz schemes. SDSU didn't have any pass rush this year, virtually none. This is a major problem that will be a focus in the off season.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Brought a bunch on the TD run and they ALL over pursued.
                    Yup.

Do you recall them ever blitzing like that again? I can't think of one time.

Comment

As much as speculation sucks, the 2015-2016 roster is published on Gojacks.com with Austin listed on the roster and his year as Graduate.
                      Its updated with all the new recruits added and the seniors removed. Could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by EngJack View Post
                        As much as speculation sucks, the 2015-2016 roster is published on Gojacks.com with Austin listed on the roster and his year as Graduate.
                        Its updated with all the new recruits added and the seniors removed. Could it be?
                        I didnt think they ususally updated rosters like that till after school is out or till new students are officially on campus or taking classes. Since he came back to play thats sort of odd it would still have him on there. unless he is a grad student now and is still on the roster to help with spring ball maybe.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Terry, oh Terry, where art thou?!

I have a medical redshirt question for you!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Terry, oh Terry, where art thou?!

I have a medical redshirt question for you!
                            Ha, if only you had his new work email. or he probably still has his twitter account. that would be classic. Or we could drive Zimmer crazy with it too.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Ha, if only you had his new work email. or he probably still has his twitter account. that would be classic. Or we could drive Zimmer crazy with it too.
                              ROFL. I don't have twitter or I would. I know he said he would keep in touch with fans through that. Someone's gotta ask!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You must be too quick for them to take it off. I just looked now and they have 6 QB's and they are:

1) Taryn Christion
                                2) Chris Little
                                3) Dalton Douglas
                                4) Jacob Menage
                                5) Zach Lujan
                                6) Tyler Finnes

Comment

Working...
                                X