2015 Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Lineup

Because I woke up still hurting from yesterday I decided to look towards next year and take a shot at the lineup.

QB: Lujan, Douglas, Little
    RB: Mengarelli, Gandy, Rodriguez, Wallace
    FB: Louscher, Strehlow, Westrude
    WR: Wienekee, Wesley, Raymond, Landberg, Andrews, Jones
    TE: Goedert, Jones, Vejvoda
    T: Carr, Lansman, Riemer
    G: Shoff, Silverling, Seiter
    C: Ohnesorge

DE: Gottlob, Plote, Kern
    DT: Langer, Soulek,
    OLB: Elmore, Brown, Hassell, Bobbit, Schuster
    MLB: Lally, Peitz
    CB: Butler, Forsythe, Carr, Simmons
    S: Mears, Farina, Romenesko

K: Carlson
    P: ?
    LS: Trenhaile

This roster is still loaded. Yes, we will miss the big three, but I think we have an opportunity to make a big push. The indoor practice facility will really help in the development of the young players. How many spring practices have been moved/cancelled over the years because of the weather? I think we will be okay, and now feel a bit better.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 2015 Lineup

QB will obviously be the most interesting race for all the positions. You have the experienced and serviceable Lujan, the guy who took every offseason snap last year in Douglas, and the freshman with the huge arm in Little. I'm assuming Christion redshirts. If Little or Douglas were to win the job, I would look for some zone read to be added to the offense.

RB will be a 1a and 1b type of situation, at least early on. Mengarelli is the scat type back who has a bunch of make-you-miss in him. Wallace runs more like Zenner, not as strong, but he is a one-cut and get downfield type of runner. Gandy, Rodriguez, and Paris will only see snaps in situational roles. I assume Zenner is going to RS.

FB will probably be Strehlow getting his spot back with Louscher serving as backup. rFR Westrude's athleticism will be interesting to see here as well.

TE will be a carousel of Jones, Goedert, and Vejvoda. If Jones stays healthy and gets his mojo back, he has the best chance to separate himself from the others.

WR will obviously be Wieneke on one side and Wesley in the slot. The other outside spot will be a battle between Andrews, Landberg, and Larves. Andrews and Landberg have the most experience for the other spot.

T will be Carr on one side and Siverling on the other. Not even gonna venture to guess the backups right now.

G will be Shoff, Seiter, and Zimmerman.

C will be Ohnesorge with probably Zimmerman serving as a backup.

DE's will be Kern and Plote with Banasiak and Schultz rotating in.

DT will be a rotation of Langer, Soulek, Gottlob and then a newbie. I really want to see what Tywan Ramsey can do, he has a lot of natural talent. I would rather see Tiano Pupungatoa switch back to the O-line, his HS highlights were much better on that side of the ball.

LB's will be Lally in the middle and a whole cluster of Bobbit, Elmore, Hassell, and Brown outside. Hazelett also started to see time towards the end of the season.

CB's will be Butler, Forsythe, Carr and Simmons.

Safety's will be Mears and Farina, Slade, and Romenesko fighting for a spot in the rotation.

I'm not gonna take a shot at our K or P yet.

It will be interesting to see what Juco's we bring in or if we bring in and FBS transfer downs. I don't care where we get one (Kern and Banasiak both have potential to be one imo), but we need to find a natural pass rusher. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a safety from the Juco ranks, Stig seems to really like to do that.

***this is all my semi-baseless speculation, this is also assuming a 4-3 defense***
    Last edited by BigGoosie13; 12-07-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Two good analysis, we can look forward to another great season next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Because I woke up still hurting from yesterday I decided to look towards next year and take a shot at the lineup.

QB: Lujan, Douglas, Little
        RB: Mengarelli, Gandy, Rodriguez, Wallace
        FB: Louscher, Strehlow, Westrude
        WR: Wienekee, Wesley, Raymond, Landberg, Andrews, Jones
        TE: Goedert, Jones, Vejvoda
        T: Carr, Lansman, Riemer
        G: Shoff, Silverling, Seiter
        C: Ohnesorge

DE: Gottlob, Plote, Kern
        DT: Langer, Soulek,
        OLB: Elmore, Brown, Hassell, Bobbit, Schuster
        MLB: Lally, Peitz
        CB: Butler, Forsythe, Carr, Simmons
        S: Mears, Farina, Romenesko

K: Carlson
        P: ?
        LS: Trenhaile

This roster is still loaded. Yes, we will miss the big three, but I think we have an opportunity to make a big push. The indoor practice facility will really help in the development of the young players. How many spring practices have been moved/cancelled over the years because of the weather? I think we will be okay, and now feel a bit better.

Thanks for this, great "Hare of the Dog" therapy, just jump right back in. Really disappointed they couldn't pull it off. One thing the Jacks could really use is a Batten-type pass rusher. Any in the younger bunch coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          QB will obviously be the most interesting race for all the positions. You have the experienced and serviceable Lujan, the guy who took every offseason snap last year in Douglas, and the freshman with the huge arm in Little. I'm assuming Christion redshirts. If Little or Douglas were to win the job, I would look for some zone read to be added to the offense.

RB will be a 1a and 1b type of situation, at least early on. Mengarelli is the scat type back who has a bunch of make-you-miss in him. Wallace runs more like Zenner, not as strong, but he is a one-cut and get downfield type of runner. Gandy, Rodriguez, and Paris will only see snaps in situational roles. I assume Zenner is going to RS.

FB will probably be Strehlow getting his spot back with Louscher serving as backup. rFR Westrude's athleticism will be interesting to see here as well.

TE will be a carousel of Jones, Goedert, and Vejvoda. If Jones stays healthy and gets his mojo back, he has the best chance to separate himself from the others.

WR will obviously be Wieneke on one side and Wesley in the slot. The other outside spot will be a battle between Andrews, Landberg, and Larves. Andrews and Landberg have the most experience for the other spot.

T will be Carr on one side and Siverling on the other. Not even gonna venture to guess the backups right now.

G will be Shoff, Seiter, and Zimmerman.

C will be Ohnesorge with probably Zimmerman serving as a backup.

DE's will be Kern and Plote with Banasiak and Schultz rotating in.

DT will be a rotation of Langer, Soulek, Gottlob and then a newbie. I really want to see what Tywan Ramsey can do, he has a lot of natural talent. I would rather see Tiano Pupungatoa switch back to the O-line, his HS highlights were much better on that side of the ball.

LB's will be Lally in the middle and a whole cluster of Bobbit, Elmore, Hassell, and Brown outside. Hazelett also started to see time towards the end of the season.

CB's will be Butler, Forsythe, Carr and Simmons.

Safety's will be Mears and Farina, Slade, and Romenesko fighting for a spot in the rotation.

I'm not gonna take a shot at our K or P yet.

It will be interesting to see what Juco's we bring in or if we bring in and FBS transfer downs. I don't care where we get one (Kern and Banasiak both have potential to be one imo), but we need to find a natural pass rusher. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a safety from the Juco ranks, Stig seems to really like to do that.

***this is all my semi-baseless speculation, this is also assuming a 4-3 defense***

This is really good stuff and makes the hurt a little less hurtful today... QB obviously the wild card in all this but I totally agree on pass rushers.

Comment

P - Ron Pavlik? listed as another punter on gojacks.
            Last edited by slosho; 12-07-2014, 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post

I would hope we could find a Melvin Taveras out there somewhere. I recall one loyal booster at a difference maker's meeting really questioning Melvin and his playing style in fact this booster wondered why he was on the team. I think it was last year after the lost to Missouri State and the spearing calls. Stig really defended Melvin and said he was a very good football player. I agreed Melvin was about the fastest guy on the squad and his interceptions where key at UNI for instance and other games. He almost got one again yesterday. So I would not be surprised to see another of these type guys show up on signing day. Pass rushing is a big need no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I would hope we could find a Melvin Taveras out there somewhere. I recall one loyal booster at a difference maker's meeting really questioning Melvin and his playing style in fact this booster wondered why he was on the team. I think it was last year after the lost to Missouri State and the spearing calls. Stig really defended Melvin and said he was a very good football player. I agreed Melvin was about the fastest guy on the squad and his interceptions where key at UNI for instance and other games. He almost got one again yesterday. So I would not be surprised to see another of these type guys show up on signing day. Pass rushing is a big need no doubt about it.
                This is why loyal boosters should just shut up and write checks.......I kid I kid.....sort of.......I agree with the lineup presented below and I think it' a good team, there are also other players in there that we probably know nothing about. Maybe coaches could review some UAB players and see if there are some olive branches they could extend for some DLinemen.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Was thinking about this today while walking our dog, Blue (yes the dog is named Blue), and I have a couple of observations. First there is a lot of talent remaining, the cupboard is not bare. Second, the level of talent, on the field at State, has steadily increased every year over the past several. I expect that to happen again with next season. Third, Coach Stig has shown he will open the playbook when the talent is there to make it work. And finally, we need to keep in mind the injuries that hampered performance this past season with the result the Jacks were not seeded.

I expect Jackrabbit football will compete for a seed in the playoffs next season, achieve it, and have a great shot at Frisco.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Maybe if sumner was healty all year we would have seen more play callling like that during the season. The level of execution was really really good. Hats off to the coaches for having the team ready. Hopefully they are getting excited for next year like us fans are. We have question marks for sure. No reason to think we couldn't make the playoffs again. I am going to go out on a limb and say little has the inside shot at qb. Seems like there is a trend to in college football to have a starter for 3 or 4 years now at qb. Years ago a qb would put in his time and get one or 2 years as the starter. In the long run of things I think little has a good chance.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      This is why loyal boosters should just shut up and write checks.......I kid I kid.....sort of.......I agree with the lineup presented below and I think it' a good team, there are also other players in there that we probably know nothing about. Maybe coaches could review some UAB players and see if there are some olive branches they could extend for some DLinemen.
                      I think this individual regrets bringing this topic up. I going to miss Melvin. He is my kind of player.

Comment

Hey-I'm a new poster. Really enjoy all the info. and to be able to keep up more w/ all the Jacks sports. With info. I've seen this year the Jacks have over 20 players returning on both sides of the ball next year(40+ total)------and these players are the ones that have 10 or more games they participated in----a few had under 10 but not under 7. That is a ton of experience to me esp. since most of these players rotated in and out on a ranked team. I also just noticed that 23 of these 40+ players were either Fr, Rfr or So. That is an incredible amount of young, talented players----probably more then any other year. I'm guessing someone on here knows the answer to that!! And I'm guessing the Bison have the same situation----make for another possible great clash w/ them.

Comment

Welcome 73. I was actually thinking the same thing tonight. For all the credit the seniors got (and deserved) there are plenty of soph, rs frosh and true frosh that saw significant time this year. The cupboard is not bare.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                            Hey-I'm a new poster. Really enjoy all the info. and to be able to keep up more w/ all the Jacks sports. With info. I've seen this year the Jacks have over 20 players returning on both sides of the ball next year(40+ total)------and these players are the ones that have 10 or more games they participated in----a few had under 10 but not under 7. That is a ton of experience to me esp. since most of these players rotated in and out on a ranked team. I also just noticed that 23 of these 40+ players were either Fr, Rfr or So. That is an incredible amount of young, talented players----probably more then any other year. I'm guessing someone on here knows the answer to that!! And I'm guessing the Bison have the same situation----make for another possible great clash w/ them.
                            No doubt about the young bison, in fact the one who put the final nail in our coffin, the one who intercepted Sumner's pass was a red shirt freshman. He looked like he knew how to play football.

Comment

If we could find a dominant pass rusher our defense could be outstanding next year. We have a very solid secondary and linebackers with nearly everyone returning. One big difference between the NDSU D and ours is they got pressure from the front line, and we didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X